DC-3 - Legends of Flight is released! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: DC-3 - Legends of Flight is released!

overall I'm a very happy purchaser, and definitely the new sound pack for the most part is awesome. it still sounds like the engines are just idling when heard from the VC. maybe it's not really the sounds themselves, but maybe the right sound files aren't being played? just from within the cockpit. anybody else hearing the same thing?

Not sure about the sound. Engine sounds in the VC seem quiet in FSX compared to FS9 on my computer. Tried several sound packages that are deep and loud in FS9, but are weak and quiet in FSX. Maybe to simulate having a headset on? The new sound pack is much better that the original.

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    Not sure about the sound. Engine sounds in the VC seem quiet in FSX compared to FS9 on my computer. Tried several sound packages that are deep and loud in FS9, but are weak and quiet in FSX. Maybe to simulate having a headset on? The new sound pack is much better that the original.
    This might have much to do with speaker settings - the sound cone function on FSX seems to cause problems on some systems as the `channel` approach to the sounds can lose a particular sound subset to a speaker that isn't active.

Perhaps try some different speaker settings in the sound options of your system?

Thanks Allcott. I will check into the sound settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Hi Mal,

It should be in the Start menu (Start>All Programs>Just Flight>DC-3...). If you can't find it there, it is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\DC3

Thanks
    Martyn

Well this is silly of me......All the manuals for all the products are there...just like they're supposed to be. I never bothered to look.

Thanks!!
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Hi,

We have already got four excellent repaints for the DC-3/C-47. I will post details of any repaints that I'm aware of in this sticky thread:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15819

Thanks
    Martyn

A couple of videos:

[YOUTUBE]1hr-2wseIxo&[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoying this aircraft immensely, however when I attempted to use the C-47 towing the Waco feature, it has created a "simobject" conflict between the Maule.

Has anyone else experienced this and what would be a good way of de-bugging it?
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Have you used the 'Tow aircraft selector' tool in Start Menu>All Programs>Just Flight>?

Taking some of the excellent DC-3/C-47 repaints out for a spin!

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Have you used the 'Tow aircraft selector' tool in Start Menu>All Programs>Just Flight>?
    Martyn,

Yes, that's the tool I'm using. After a little experimentation I've discovered that selecting the C47 as the default tug using the Tow Aircraft Selector tool creates the conflict when starting FSX.

After closing FSX, returning to the tool and selecting the Maule M7 260C as the default tug, then starting FSX once again, I discover the conflict is gone.

I've also discovered those nice repaints.....

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Time to resurrect this thread. Just to ask Bazz if there are plans for updated models of DC-3s with eight windows along the Starboard side and 7 on the port side. Also is the Viewmaster in the pipeline? The reason I ask is that being an Aussie I would like to see some of the airlines such as Butler, Ailines of NSW MMA and Bush Pilots just to name a few. Have scanned pictures from the book DC-3 Downunder.

Cheers
    Pat

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

this is the first Payware DC-3 I have ever Gotten and i Love It Alot I am flying it Ever chance i get:salute:

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    To me the engine sounds are pure magic. Spot on DC-3 sound.

Cheers
    Pat

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

they so sound really Nice model is Super Cool:salute: