DC-3 - Legends of Flight is released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DC-3 - Legends of Flight is released!

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the sound-set included with this aircraft. We have taken onboard your criticisms and are currently looking into the possibility of upgrading the existing sound-set.

@dougal95 : Thank you for the kind words! We (JF and AH) are very passionate about the aircraft that we develop. We spent considerable time getting the aircraft as close to perfect as possible, taking into account the time-frame and commercial realities that face all developers and publishers. I really believe this is an excellent aircraft and we will endeavour to fix any issues and improve those areas which people feel have fallen short of their exceptions.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Good for you guys - way to go!

Shame more payware developers don't do this.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

I am pleased to announce that we will be releasing the Sonic Solutions DC-3 75th anniversary sound pack as a free upgrade for all DC-3 Legends of Flight users.

We hope to have this ready and available from our website after the weekend.

Once again, thank you for your constructive criticisms and feedback. I hope that the new sound pack brings the aircraft to life :salute:

Thanks
    Martyn

Okay, that does it for me.... Off to buy it NOW!

M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970

I'll wait until the promises are made manifest. These are not the times to be an early adopter and hand over money for a sub-standard product.

Having finally purchased and installed, it seems I have a problem.

The Sounds!

In the VC, I can only JUST hear the engines, even with volume high. If I pan left or right, I can hear each engine, but only very quiet. When center in the VC, I can only just hear the engines.

In the 2D cockpit, there's no sound at all unless I 'look' left or right.

Exterier sounds seem okay.

I've tried a reinstall but it didn't help.

I have a brand new Windows7x64 and FSX installation. Not even finished installing my addons yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post

The Sounds!

In the VC, I can only JUST hear the engines, even with volume high. If I pan left or right, I can hear each engine, but only very quiet. When center in the VC, I can only just hear the engines.

I have a brand new Windows7x64 and FSX installation. Not even finished installing my addons yet.
    Do you mean the audio that came with the Just Flight version or the Sonic Solutions sound pack. If it's the Sonic Solutions one head over to http://www.sonicsolutions.info/support and I'll take care of ya there.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post

The Sounds!

================================================== ==

SORRY GUYS!

Scratch that! All is well

Problem was MY end

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    I am pleased to announce that we will be releasing the Sonic Solutions DC-3 75th anniversary sound pack as a free upgrade for all DC-3 Legends of Flight users.

We hope to have this ready and available from our website after the weekend.

Once again, thank you for your constructive criticisms and feedback. I hope that the new sound pack brings the aircraft to life :salute:

Thanks
    Martyn

Very very classy move.

Jim

Hi

I have made 2 more observations on this otherwise fine model.

The exterior visual models are beautiful, BUT they all (as far as I remember) have the same error at the tail. They have this square part that doesn't look at all like the much sharper edge on the real thing:

My second problem is with the speed of the landing gear animation. I have found that it extends in about 7 seconds and retracts in about 9 seconds. I think that this is a bit too fast. According to the manual found here: http://pcmuseum.tripod.com/dc3/dc3designfeature.pdf the time to retract during a normal take-off is 11½ seconds. I haven't found any documentation for the extension time, and this will propably be a bit faster as the function is being helped by gravity, but 7 seconds???

Regards
    Kim

I would love to buy this, but the "BS" runaround I'm getting at just flight to reset my password is driving me to the point of just keep it!!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Guys Sorry for the rant to just flight ,There a was nothing wrong with there side of the purchase, I bought the sonic solutions sound pack for the DC-3 at simmarket yesterday and right a way I was getting hits on my credit card from back East, Bank stop the hits. Don't know where that one came from!!!. Just wanted to say Sorry to just flight!!!!
    Marvin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by JimC1702 View Post
    Very very classy move.

Jim
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by JimC1702 View Post
    Very very classy move.

Jim
    Couldn't agree more. Well done, Martyn and JustFlight.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Well done, Martyn and JustFlight.
    :salute:Salute to both Martyn and Just Flight. Indeed the Sonic Solutions Pack is a perfect solution. The sounds are dead on to Buffalo's C-47's/DC-3's. Excellent Customer service and DC-3 Pride. You can bet im gonna buy 3 more for Xmas Presents.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Hey guys, I'm just wrapping up the tweaked audio for the DC3, I was wondering if someone might help me out. If you have the original sound set that came with the Just Flight DC3 could you send me an PM please. Thanks so much.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Good thing I had Sonic Solutions sounds

Now time to fix my video editing program date and time.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Carter View Post
    Guys Sorry for the rant to just flight ,There a was nothing wrong with there side of the purchase, I bought the sonic solutions sound pack for the DC-3 at simmarket yesterday and right a way I was getting hits on my credit card from back East, Bank stop the hits. Don't know where that one came from!!!. Just wanted to say Sorry to just flight!!!!
    I experienced much the same issue. My card company saw the UK transaction and put a hold on the card as a precaution, so I couldn't complete the purchase (I pre-purchased last week). Fortunately the friendly rep at JustFlight processed the order over the phone, then suggested I contact my card company, which I did....alles klar. He also noted that in my haste I had attempted to purchase the product 4 times, which he cleared out of the system (whew....I've done that before and it's a pain to clear up!)

My criticism of the product is the sound as well....am I given to understand that there will be a supplemental package released based on these posts?
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Busy downloading :salute: Are end users allowed to do repaints?
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    I experienced much the same issue. My card company saw the UK transaction and put a hold on the card as a precaution...
    Same here, tried a couple of times but no joy. Just now sent an email to their customer support but will probably be early next week before I hear from them.

Phill

Odd, this happening when you buy the plane or my sound pack? All my sales are handled through the regular sim shops.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got the boxed version today and d/led the Expansion pack. No hitches, all versions correct and present as far as I can tell. Nice printed Pilot's Notes booklet in the box. Did a quick walkaround and slewabout, all very pleasant, but much too early for me to do any real flying yet. Got to learn to walk (taxi) first, which apparently means differential breaking. Arrgh, did you have to be as realistic as that? Anyway, looking forward to that "other" soundset. Excellent work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by shackleton_boy View Post
    Busy downloading :salute: Are end users allowed to do repaints?
    Of course, a repaint kit is included so I look forward to seeing some repaints!

I all so have a problem with sonicsolutions DC3 sound, I bought the sound separate for my MAMA port over, but have weird sound issues in the VC, same in the default DC3????
    Marvin Carter

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Don't you just love it when someone goes to all that trouble to make a wonderful video of a great aeroplane like the DC-3 only to go and ruin it with that disgusting music. The only music we should hear is the music of the mighty P&Ws or the Wrights Cyclones.

Cheers
    Pat

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Don't you just love it when someone goes to all that trouble to make a wonderful video of a great aeroplane like the DC-3 only to go and ruin it with that disgusting music. The only music we should hear is the music of the mighty P&Ws or the Wrights Cyclones.

Cheers
    Pat
    Yeah, maybe he can post a second version without the music. To me, combustion engines and props are music.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.