FsX Configurator
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FsX Configurator

FsX Configurator

Well worth a look and free...I'm testing a new FsX.cfg now. It should be good it's from Jesus Bojote!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/318918-...-tool-for-fsx/
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Results excellent. At last I don't get short term freeze-ups and my FsX stability is best ever.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

I'm going to try this, and will report back tomorrow, when I am sober. :ernae:

Seems like a great utility, though!

Hi all,

Thanks for the Heads-Up Roger.

This works like a charm, I already see massive improvements.
    Better FPS, less blurries, less stutters. And I wasn't even that unhappy with it, hahah!
    I have a what one would call a low end systen, Intel Duo Core 2,3GHz, 2 gig ram, GTS8800 512. XP-SP3
    This is on a relatively fresh system re-install, with new FSX+accel, NickN's tricks applied, defragged, etc.

I would say, give it a go, no harm done.

still 2 questions:
    How to apply an EXTERNAL FPS limiter
    How to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing

Best regards,

Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Jesus recommended it I see. I checked it out, and it applies many tweaks I already apply (AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND). Furthermore, this adds some unique tweaks I was not aware of...

Guys, I would actually recommend this. Furthermore, it allows you to backup your original file.

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    How to apply an EXTERNAL FPS limiter
    How to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing
    To apply the external FPS limiter, follow the instructions in that come with the limiter tool to create a batch file. You will then run FSX from that batch file from now on.

Transparency Anti-Aliasing is a feature of your video card. The tweak is asking you to turn this off with your video card software, for example in the Nvidia Control Panel, etc.

I found the link to that configurator in some forums related to the FSX and decided to give it a try. And i have to say with this external frame limiter and the new cfg file the FSx runs more stable. And as i corrected some mistakes with my videocardsettings which i made, i have some more ressources free for more details now. Its a try worth for the most users with no doubt.

Many thanks for that work to Jesus Bojote. Thank you. :salute:

WOW, it works like a charm! I found out that I had it tweked out fairly good allready, but it only needed a few hints to "perfection"! Had to switch off my lightbloom (which I replaced by enbseries again without any performance loss) and reduce my autogendensity one notch (had it to full max, so reducing wasn“t a real loss;-) and violį: fps to unlimited and I get a constant 20-40 fps now, no matter how dense the addon-scenery or how complex the aircraft!

Great service!
    Alex G.
    Dont grow up! ... It“s a trap!

NVidia only ?

Stupid question here , I take it this is for those that use NVidia cards only , not ATI ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Stupid question here , I take it this is for those that use NVidia cards only , not ATI ?
    You'll probably notice even more improvement if you have an ATI card.
    SYSTEM :

Blog Entries
    Well Roger I was a skeptic. I was already running my Q9550/GTX260 based system at home at 30fps no tweaks except Affinity Mask (locked) running ORBX PNW at very high settings and thought that was the best it's gonna get and I was happy with it. I decided to go ahead and run the test. Low and behold I have the same very high settings and I can now run unlimited at 55fps the lowest is 49 in Olympia, WA to Renton, WA (which is a huge surprise). I am running with realistic weather and OPEN CLOUDS enabled.

Thanks a bunch my friend. I really have to give a shout out to this fix. I am amazed! Nirvana at last! I will run this on the TechCorp i7 960 today!
    Ted

Have to add I was using the A2A Cub with Heidi aboard which is a bit more of drain on FPS than the standard Cessna. Now running the B-17...no difference whatsoever. I am impressed!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Retired SOH Administrator
    Nice Roger :ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads-up Roger; will definitely give it a try!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

This, I gotta try! Just replaced my overclocked dual core E6850 with a quad core Q9650 and already see better FPS and less stuttering, now this? Hold my beer and watch this!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks Roger...a timely intervention. My FSX.cfg was tweaked so much I'd broken my sim. I'll give this a shot today.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You'll probably notice even more improvement if you have an ATI card.

Thanks Roger for this great find . Works VERY well with an ATI card(4890-1 gig , Win 7 64bit ,
    Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R with Q9650 oc'd 3.6 , 4 gigs DDR3

Rich

Results:Increase FPS with a more fluid , smooth operation .

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    To apply the external FPS limiter, follow the instructions in that come with the limiter tool to create a batch file. You will then run FSX from that batch file from now on.
    Transparency Anti-Aliasing is a feature of your video card. The tweak is asking you to turn this off with your video card software, for example in the Nvidia Control Panel, etc.
    Thanks Cody.
    I found the external FPS limiter, I'll give it another go, although I saw in the forum the results are diverse, but maybe in combination with this tweek, it might well work.

And it appears the Transperance Anti Aliassing was already off, but thanks for pointing the way.

Best, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

I've tested that tool not too long ago. It suggested settings totally au contraire with my personal preferences, so I took the odd one or two things that I deemed useful for my setup and disregarded the rest.

Nonetheless a fairly useful tool for those who don't want to tweak FSX manually or want a starting point for further tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R
    Great board!

If I hadn't struck that deal on the X48T, I'd have gone for one of those. Would've even enabled me to squeeze out way more in the FSB department.

Great find Roger, thanks for the HU. It made some changes, but most of the setting were already okay. It should be as I still had double digit framerates and compare with my system even RobCap has a top range system.....

Cheers,
    Huub

[QUOTE=Bjoern;513030]I've tested that tool not too long ago. It suggested settings totally au contraire with my personal preferences, so I took the odd one or two things that I deemed useful for my setup and disregarded the rest.

Nonetheless a fairly useful tool for those who don't want to tweak FSX manually or want a starting point for further tweaking.[QUOTE]

this was my experience also...just borrowed an item or two from the tweaked file and inserted them into my existing one. With good results.

Thanks Jesus
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    I found the external FPS limiter, I'll give it another go, although I saw in the forum the results are diverse, but maybe in combination with this tweek, it might well work.
    Hi Rob, any chance of providing a link for the limiter? Ta.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

question regarding the CFG file.

Where the CFG file is located there is also a fsx.CFG ( text doc) Do u delete that when make changes to the actual CFG or not??
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Where the CFG file is located there is also a fsx.CFG ( text doc) Do u delete that when make changes to the actual CFG or not??
    FSX.cfg is just a text document and I would recommend making a copy of that file before making any changes and running FSX.

I used the recommended cfg file, but not the downgraded graphics settings that were also recommended. More testing is needed, but it looks like I picked up about 4 fps and smoother panning.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.