Do not look at these pictures!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do not look at these pictures!!

Aviator32

Do not look at these pictures!!

Charter Member 2012
    Non being much knowledgeable of civilian aircraft, what is it? a Duchess?

Charter Member 2011
    cessna 340 II at a guess, seeing as how its on the pictures
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

The day Carenado releases actual multi-layered templates, will be the day I support them....again. I'm not knocking the quality of the products, but if I can't paint it (easily) to my likings, my money will go to other developers.

Wake up Carenado. If I thought petitioning against you would gain anything, I'd start it!

I love the look of that and if it's anything like the quality we've come to expect from carenado then it's going to be great!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    The day Carenado releases actual multi-layered templates, will be the day I support them....again. I'm not knocking the quality of the products, but if I can't paint it (easily) to my likings, my money will go to other developers.

Wake up Carenado. If I thought petitioning against you would gain anything, I'd start it!
    Yep, in this day and age, and with the overall quality of the actual aircraft they release. . .how difficult would it be to release the layered paint kit they use rather than simply supplying a blank texture and calling it a "Paint Kit". Who knows. . .maybe this will be the Renaissance.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Charter Member 2011
    in the good ol days people created their own templates, how times change
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Yep, in this day and age, and with the overall quality of the actual aircraft they release. . .how difficult would it be to release the layered paint kit they use rather than simply supplying a blank texture and calling it a "Paint Kit". Who knows. . .maybe this will be the Renaissance.
    Which is exactly the reason I responded in the manner I did. Regardless of the quality or price, I would think that the whole idea behind development and release of a product is to make sales. I myself would not hesitate on any of their products if they simply released the templates like so many have asked in the past. I've search everywhere for any paint templates. They just aren't there to be found. Waste of time searching actually, because if they were out there, first place that should come up in the search should be the Carenado website.

Hate to say this. But my $24.00 or whatever the cost will always be a debit to their account due to their methods of sales marketing until they change

I can and have made many templates. On a lot of them (not Carenado) I didn't mind because the developer was no longer around. And/or never released one. I feel a boycott might change things. But, like people whining about gas prices while continuing to drive out of convenience, that will likely never see the light of day.

Might be of interest but only if they move on from the generic gauges they have been using with the irritating incorrect motion sense `up for down` on mouse wheel, better location of clickspots and some modern avionics rather than perpetual representation of something from the Sixties.

Why can't they just copy the gauge interaction functionality from Alphasim, it's much more intuitive?

I think their idea of `shiny new aircraft, crappy old avionics` is getting very old - they can't even get the old avionics they do use to work as in the real thing - the Caravan AVSS being a perfect example. That is NOT how the real one works.

I always love their exterior modelling, but just can't spend any time in them before they get really tiresome.

This will be my first Carenado purchase,I'm planning on putting The Reality XP GPS in this baby! I'm hoping for 3D Gauges but I'm not holding my breath!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

I did look...and I want my ten seconds back!

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    Separating panel line by panel line, rivet by rivet, scratch by scra-....zzzZZZzzZZz...

Seriously, it can't be too much to ask if the developer just cleans up his/her messy multi-layered white master texture file (He/She uses one! Guaranteed!) and zips it up for everyone else to enjoy!

I sent them an email

To whom it concerns.......IF at all.

I have purchased the C185. A great aircraft but, I have been doing my research regarding all your models and have come to learn that you have never released a layered set of templates.
    ....I now, like many others throughout the past have asked for the templates to be made available. Your response (to me) and a lot of other who requested them have gotten an answer that told us we were provided blank textures. Well, I would like to politely ask you, what makes you think Carenado is so special in the flightsim community that you don't feel the need to grant our request? You obviously have a set of layered templates that are used to create each and every paint scheme that's provided with your aircraft. We (I speak for all my fellow repaint artists) have the need to create our own repaint schemes to our likings also.

We're not asking much.

I speak for myself. Your aircraft are nice. I'm sure your sales would be also...if you got more of my money to add to it. Don't you think?
    ..If your sales marketing and research people can't see the benefits of providing true layered templates, you might want to re-evaluate. Because my cash supply won't come your direction again.

Signed, and Boycotting Carenado

wow a Cessna Twin!

now thats what i am been waiting for!:salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    wow a Cessna Twin!

now thats what i am been waiting for!:salute:
    What then is the MilViz Cessna C310R? Chopped liver?
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    What then is the MilViz Cessna C310R? Chopped liver?
    Composites i think... Just kidding.. But truth be told, theres room for the cessna 310 schnoz as well as this one.. different people have differen tastes and they like different planes.. However, I'm with Ole boy and the others on this one.. No paint kit, worn out gauges, those will not get my attention at all

Harsh words Pam, and your words carry influence and deep respect with me but I disagree, I'm not a repainter, but the about the gauges, granted there not like the Iris products but I fail to see the problem with Carenado aircraft, I have them all and I actually find them some of the most interesting and fun to fly when I don't feel like blowing my balls off in the lake district at mach 1!

And at 4nGix it's a completely different aircraft! Like comparing the SU33 to a 37 looks similar but it's not!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Yeah but they are both Cessnas and both have twin engines...which is the definition that Cirrus referred to in his post

Both are Sukhoi's and have twin engines Naki, both different aircraft my friend!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Yeah but he said he was waiting for a Cessna twin ....oh never mind

this is the cessna twin i am waiting for !

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Harsh words Pam, and your words carry influence and deep respect with me but I disagree, I'm not a repainter, but the about the gauges, granted there not like the Iris products but I fail to see the problem with Carenado aircraft, I have them all and I actually find them some of the most interesting and fun to fly when I don't feel like blowing my balls off in the lake district at mach 1!
    !
    Theres really no problem actually, if you like them thats cool.. But see, i'm not a repainter either and being told to use the texture to create a template is like telling me to build my own space shuttle.. No way i can do it.. I need a pain kit to enjoy these planes ( because i dont always want to use just the paints supplied ).. As for gauges.. please understand. I fly aircraft to and past their limits all the time.. if the gauge is slow to respond, or ( with my eyes being what they are ) unreadable, that makes my flying experience a whole lot less enjoyable.. its a personal choice only.. no disrespect was meant..

Email received in reference to seeing a paintkit

Note the way they word their response

Thanks for your feedback.
    We have some policies about our work. One of them is releasing the blank texture for repainting our aircraft, because we think that is enough for that purpose.

Carenado

Because we think?

A bit egotistical IMO!!!

Aviator32
    Email received in reference to seeing a paintkit

Note the way they word their response

Thanks for your feedback.
    We have some policies about our work. One of them is releasing the blank texture for repainting our aircraft, because we think that is enough for that purpose.

Carenado

Because we think?

A bit egotistical IMO!!!

We as in the developers and owners do you mean? The company who provide the product you may or may not decide to purchase of your own free will? That we?

To be frank it's more than a bit egotistical for a single user to send them a rude and disrespectful email and demand they make changes just to accomodate you - what did expect them to say?

Here's an idea - don't buy their products, boycott them as you said you would and leave it at that. To expect them to change their policy on the strength of your lone email just so you can come up with endless repaints is absurd

There are a hundred repaints out there for just about every Carenado addon ever released by some very talented painters who just get on with it and work with whatever they have been given to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator32 View Post

We as in the developers and owners do you mean? The company who provide the product you may or may not decide to purchase of your own free will? That we?

To be frank it's more than a bit egotistical for a single user to send them a rude and disrespectful email and demand they make changes just to accomodate you - what did expect them to say?

Here's an idea - don't buy their products, boycott them as you said you would and leave it at that. To expect them to change their policy on the strength of your lone email just so you can come up with endless repaints is absurd

There are a hundred repaints out there for just about every Carenado addon ever released by some very talented painters who just get on with it and work with whatever they have been given to work with.
    Judge as you will. I like to personalize what I fly when given the simple opportunity of an included paintkit. It not only keeps us who like to paint happier, it also increases sales and recognition for said developer.

I'll leave it at that.

Aviator32
    It not only keeps us who like to paint happier, it also increases sales and recognition for said developer.
    I agree. Now that I have discovered the OZx repaints forum (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-for-download/) I am a very happy flyer and have added a number of excellent Carenado paints - there are quite a few there.

Look at this beauty for example -

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...shed-aluminum/

Incredible work from such a basic paintkit