F6F Hellcat

Thread: F6F Hellcat

F6F Hellcat

Looking for opinions on a good F6F Hellcat for FS2004 prefer freeware but would fess-up cash for a good one. Any suggestions ?
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Back in my FS9 days, I was in love with the default CFS2 Hellcat which was looking really good in FS9. It had a nice clickable virtual cockpit too.

Wait... the CFS aircraft could be flown in FS9???

Of course !!
    I had transfered all of them (Wildcat, Hellcat, Corsair,P-38, Zero and George) in my FS9, and they really were looking better than in CFS2. I loved the Zero so much!
    Here are the George and the Zero:

Wow, thats really cool! Can you put CFS freeware aircraft into FSX?

Depends of the tool that was used to create them.
    Basically, default CFS2 planes will not work in FSX at all, because FSX is not even able to load their 3D model.
    But that off topic now.

T-Square, I think the CFS2 FDGv2 Hellcats work in FS9 as well.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...&ammm=15&pap=2

Cheers,
    huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    T-Square, I think the CFS2 FDGv2 Hellcats work in FS9 as well.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...&ammm=15&pap=2

Cheers,
    huub
    Yes, indeed... very nice work ... Hi Huub ! :salute:

I have all of the CFS2 "stock" aircraft in my Vintage Military install. The versions I have use the modified MDL files, as tweaked by The B-24 Guy. These models are no longer mirrored...left and right sides now have their own texture sheets. The VCs are not up to par with the current stuff....but they are certainly usable. The flight dynamics I use are by Bob Cichilo (not sure I have the last name right). Can't remember how far I got in tweaking the panel config for FS9 use (Garmin 500 GPS, FS9 radio systems and the like). Will take a look at what I have done so far. Really need to get them uploaded....some really decent warbirds that will fill gaps in many FS9 collections.

OBIO

Oh, I also added some specular shine to the MDL files to give the planes a more refined look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OBIO
    I have all of the CFS2 "stock" aircraft in my Vintage Military install. The versions I have use the modified MDL files, as tweaked by The B-24 Guy. These models are no longer mirrored...left and right sides now have their own texture sheets. The VCs are not up to par with the current stuff....but they are certainly usable. The flight dynamics I use are by Bob Cichilo (not sure I have the last name right). Can't remember how far I got in tweaking the panel config for FS9 use (Garmin 500 GPS, FS9 radio systems and the like). Will take a look at what I have done so far. Really need to get them uploaded....some really decent warbirds that will fill gaps in many FS9 collections.
    That would be real nice Obio. In the meantime I'll cruise thru my CFS2 back-up files and get that FDGv2 loaded. Always like the work done by the FDG team some high quality aircraft.

Huub

Do you know if any of the other FDG aircraft translate well to FS2004? I remember FDG did a real nice "Jill" that would be real nice.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

I do believe the FDG Dauntless will work in FS9. Not 100% sure...but pretty darn close. It's a darn shame the freeware Alphasim Dauntless won't work in FS9...wonderful model, but it has the dreaded no prop thing.

Oh, I looked at my CFS2 in FS9 planes...still need to tweak most of the panels.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I found the CFS2 Corsair converted for FSX and it seems ok.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Hi,

Speaking of payware, if you want an alternative you could do worse than the CWDT Hellcat:

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/tcwdt/hellcat.html

http://secure.simmarket.com/cwdt-f6f-hellcat.phtml

Alastair

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post

OBIO

Oh, I also added some specular shine to the MDL files to give the planes a more refined look.
    OBIO

Far away Topic-->The tweaked models work in FSX then?

Roland

(Still no Raiden,etc in FSX)

Retired SOH Administrator
    All of the donationware FDGv2 planes are freeware now.

KI-43
    Corsair's
    Wildcat
    P-40E
    Dauntless
    P-36
    P-47
    P-51B\C
    B-17's
    B-25

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=67

The Jill is an older model, but will work fine in FS9. Might need to work on the FM some, but model wise it's fine. There's alot of older models here taht have been redone, so ya might wanna stay with the newer ones.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...loadName=FDGv2
    Fireman's prayer

Give me the strength to save a life,Whatever be its age
    Help me to embrace a little child, Before it is too late
    Or save an older person from The horror of that fate
    Enable me to be alert and Hear the weakest shout
    And quickly and efficiently To put the fire out
    I want to fill my calling and To give the best in me
    To guard my every neighbor And protect their property
    And if according to your will I have to lose my life
    Please bless with your protecting hand My children and my wife.

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    OBIO

Far away Topic-->The tweaked models work in FSX then?

Roland

(Still no Raiden,etc in FSX)
    Roland

I have no idea if the tweaked models work in FSX....don't run FSX. I am a FS9 only kind of guy.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 3