A Smoking Question!

Thread: A Smoking Question!

A Smoking Question!

Do any of you guys have smoke eminating from the default 'tubeliners' in FSX?

I ask because I am not getting exhaust smoke (and there should be loads of it) from the Simshed Nimrod beta I am currently testing. All the other guys have it and I have no problem getting aircraft exhaust when the effects are called up via the aircraft .cfg.

The Nimrod has the smoke built into the model and I am guessing the default's probably do too (no .cfg entry) but as I never fly them I have no idea if they smoke.

I have checked all settings within FSX, so if anyone has any ideas where the smoke has gone, I would love to know! Yes, the FX files for the Nimrod are installed.:salute:

Charter Member 2015
    Have you tried pressing the "i" button on your keyboard?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Have you tried pressing the "i" button on your keyboard?
    The very first thing I tried! As I said, that option via the drop down 'alt' menu is grey and inop!

Blog Entries
    Check and see what .fx are used by the plane - disassociate all from the lights and smoke section - and remove them from the effects folder too. Get it to not have any fx whatsoever, and then manually add the ones you need.

dl

Members who have read this thread: 0