Temco TT-1 Pinto And Super Pinto

Thread: Temco TT-1 Pinto And Super Pinto

Temco TT-1 Pinto And Super Pinto

FS2004 Temco TT-1 Pinto And Super Pinto
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: pinto-1.zip Size: 33,219,455 Date: 11-19-2010 Downloads: 66

FS2004 Temco TT-1 Pinto And Super Pinto. First flown in 1956, the TT-1 Pinto was developed in an unsuccessful bid to entice the US Navy to adopt a jet primary trainer. The Super Pinto, with three times the power, was developed for the Air Force requirement that led to the Cessna A-37 Dragonfly. When the ex-Navy Pintos were modified to Super standards they found their niche on the airshow circuit as high performance jet warbirds. This package includes the TT-1 Pinto and the Super Pinto, both in a variety of authentic paints (plus one fictional livery). It includes both 2D and VC panels and two custom sound sets. The Pintos work as an AI. They may work in FSX but have not been tested in that sim. By David Wooster and Mick Morrissey.

Yep, that's the one I was referring to in my announcement post with the pictures and comments:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=45757

Any available shots of the VC?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    here's what it looks like.
    Thank you sir!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Unness I'm missing some textures...
    Nope, no textures missing. It's simple and gray, except black above the canopy sill, just like the real one.

As usual, we didn't do detailed side consoles, sides and floor because neither of us ever looks at that stuff in planes that have it, except maybe the first time we boot them up. When we fly we look outside, except for the occasional glance at the panel as required. So we don't add resource-eating complexity that we won't look at when we're flying.

We both understand that some people really like that sort of thing, and we see nothing wrong with it, but we're not interested.

And by the way, that's NOT what the VC looks like when you're flying. It's easy to exaggerate its simplicity by zooming out and pulling way back, and not mentioning what you've done. In fact, this is what the VC looks like at regular resolution:

And this is what it looks like zoomed out just one notch (to 75%) for a wider view:

OK, since this is the thread that got pinned, here are the pictures from the post that announced the release. There are more paints than that; these are just a few examples:

Temco Model 51 prototype:

Navy trainer:

Jet warbird:

What a great surprise. Thanks for sharing the models! That little airplane has sparked interest since it first flew way back when. I think every pilot can see (or did) see himself in the cockpit. It was like the prototype personnal jet.

For what it's worth I just transplanted my old t-34 panel in there and adjusted the gauges. Certainly satisfies my simple tastes.

Nice job to the creaters! What a hobby!

Thanks to Mick and David for another fun aircraft to fly in FS2004. WOW!

Ed

Um... as for the VC view. I didn't mean to imply that anyone deliberately tried to make the VC look bad, but that zoomed out view tends to make it look empty.

Sorry to seem touchy. It's been a stresful day...

Thanks for sharing Mick.

It's a cute little airplane, any private pilot would love to get his hands on one.

And we don't have to pay for fuel!

Mick & David

Filling the request for pictures was all I was doing. I was merely noting what I saw. The model is nicely done. I failed to mention that. By my not doing so I indirectly put out the wrong impression. Not my intentions at all.

My apology sirs.

Thank you for sharing

Oleboy, I'm the one who owes you an apology.

As I said above, I'm sure you had no intent to make the plane look bad; it's jus the zoom out that gives the impression that it's sparse. In fact, it is sparse, but it doesn't look so much so when you're flying.

As I also wrote in my post above, it was a stressful day, but that's no excuse for being snarky.

Sorry for my over-sensitivity.

Mick, this little Jet is a blast to fly, flew the Super Pinto for another hour or so tonight - I can only imagine how cool it would be to pilot the real thing. Thanks so much! Mike

Usually if a plane does not have at least one piston engine to show for itself I am not all that interested. This one made the cut simply because I had run into one at an airport a while back and could not figure out just what it was until I got home and was able to search the FAA registry to get a clue.

I have to say I am enjoying the heck out of this little gem you guys produced. It flies beautifully and sounds great. Maybe a touch too soft on the inside but then again I don't know how much a combat helmet would dampen the sounds.

Thanks for creating this bird and sharing it with the rest of us.

Cheers
    Stefan

Icon5

Hi,

Thank you.
    Great and good flying
    Just changed the exhaust smoke effect for my taste
    Quick test flight video of the Pinto ......
    http://simtube.com/video/4327/Pinto

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Very nice video. I like what you've done with the smoke effect.
    Is it an easy change?

Cool

Hi,

Easy one

You have just to change to a smoke effect of your taste (EG from a other aircraft)
    That's the bold to change

[LIGHTS]

light.1 = 4, 8.6, 0.00, 2.20, fx_vclight
    light.2 = 4, 4.6, 0.00, 3.00, fx_vclight
    light.3=6, -1.8, -14.77, 1.80, fx Pinto wingtip vortices
    light.4=6, -1.8, 14.77, 1.80, fx Pinto wingtip vortices
    light.5=9, -7.779, 0.0, -0.26, fx_smokeLIGHT_TM_MM

Note:
    fx_smokeLIGHT_TM_MM is a custom smoke effect ....
    Can send you if you like ....

TT1-Pinto

Can this aircraft be flown in p3d, or updated to work in p3d v4?
    Rob Schreiber

Quote Originally Posted by RjSchreiber63 View Post
    There is an FSX update at flightsim.com. Search for "fsx_temco_pinto.zip". It's a step closer than the original FS9 release.

If anyone knows how to make the conversion and wants to do it, they are more than welcome.

David and I don't know how, don't have the applicable sim, and aren't interested anyway, but if some one is, go to it with our blessings.

It's nice to see interest in this old plane so long after we made it. If we made it today we might do a little more in that basic VC, but as we figured back then, you don't see much of the cockpit interior when you're looking outside like you should be.

After seeing "FlyingsCool" NAAS Saufley thread, I got to thinking of the great trainers that flew through there. Along with the T-34 Mentors from his pics, would be nice to see Ant's T-28 and Your TT-1 Pinto in Saufley markings flying around. I hope someone that knows how, could make the conversion.
    Rob Schreiber

After seeing "FlyingsCool" NAAS Saufley thread, I got to thinking of the great trainers that flew through there. Along with the T-34 Mentors from his pics, would be nice to see Ant's T-28 and Your TT-1 Pinto in Saufley markings flying around. I hope someone that knows how, could make the conversion.
    There is a NAAS Saufley skin in the original package. It shows up on the Select Aircraft menu as "NAS Pensacola" but the 2S tail code and the aircraft number beginning with 4 are NAAS Saufley markings.

You could edit that UI section in your aircraft.cfg file as a permanent reminder.

As for the conversion (to the later sim,) we can't help there; that's some someone with the required knowledge and software.