Embraer EMB120 Brasilia update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embraer EMB120 Brasilia update

Blog Entries

Embraer EMB120 Brasilia update

I'll let the screenshots speak for themselves:ernae: Just need help with the ailerons, elevator and rudder animations not tracking properly when I animate them...otherwise, its almost ready.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

That's looking REALLY nice!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Kiwi. As my second gmax FSX project, it came out quite well if I must say. Once this bird is done and released, I'll work more on the Bell 222 which now features a highly detialed tail rotor which will bring the total polygon size for the project at around 112,000 polys:isadizzy: We may use Lionheart's FS9 unlimited exporter method to bring in that highly detailed tail rotor for the FS9 model:ernae:

The final release of the EMB120 will feature textures and paintkit done by Adriano Martoni along with specular and bump maps throughout.

Just need help with the ailerons, elevator and rudder animations not tracking properly when I animate them
    Have you got the pivot points in the right place? If so I find frequent use of Reset Transform occasionally sorts things out (save a backup copy first though as you can't always undo it for some reason).

Blog Entries
    Everything is in place and I've tried everything with no joy. Last thing I want to do is release this model with screwed up animations

This is my all time favorate TB bird!

I'm really looking forward to it.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Outstanding! Please include the all white aircraft in the file.

Looking great ! Any leads on anyone doing a vc for it?

Darrell

Looks really awesome!

Can we see the VC?

this aircraft dos not have a VC.....I'm sure someone will set up an alis for it though.

Blog Entries
    The FS9 EMB120 didn't have a VC, the same applies to this one. This is my second gmax/FSX project and is a new learning curve for me. I would love to see a VC for this airplane, but unfortunately I have other projects on the board at the moment including the Bell 222 for FS9/FSX and other airplanes/helicopters. I can however pass along the source files for the FSX EMB120 to anyone wishing to do the VC for this great bird.

*EDIT* The package has been sent to Adriano Martoni for his approval since I am using his textures and paintkit for final release (greenlight given for use)

Alredy tried to add a "Reset XFORM" modifier to the part in question?

Or set the rotation scheme to "local" before animating the part?

Or add more keyframes to ensure a good transition between up & down?

Blog Entries
    Bjoern,

Did everything there is with no luck and I am getting stumped on this

No luck redoing the whole animation or assigning a different animation tag either?

Blog Entries
    I'll try those out to see what comes out.

Blog Entries
    Success!!!! Animations working properly, except the ailerons which are reversed animated and off track a little...I can fix those easily. Now that these items are done, spec and bump maps need to be done....then its showtime:ernae:

*EDIT* Anyone good at doing spec maps? Contact me via PM if interested. *END EDIT*

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    *EDIT* Anyone good at doing spec maps? Contact me via PM if interested. *END EDIT*
    Not interested, but: Spec maps are just lightened/darkened copies of the main texture.

Load up your main texture in an image editor, lighten/darken areas according to their shinyness, save with a spec map name and done.

Blog Entries
    All animations including ailerons and FSX specific textures are now completed, bump and specular maps are the last things to do. I may end up using one spec map for all the textures that will be included in the final release package instead of doing one for every specific paint. Stay tuned as we reach home stretch with my first FSX release:ernae:

Well done

I flew that in FS9 with a panel by Marcus Gama that I enjoyed alot so wouldn't mind trying it again
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Thank you so much, for this great airplane ...

Attachment 24092

Cheers
    Baernhard

Beautiful model! Thanks!
    Is there a way to see the props in the side views?
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Members who have read this thread: 1