Wimpey released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wimpey released

Wimpey released

http://www.contact-simulations.com/a...TON_.html#a631

Sadly, here we have another product page with no bloody pictures that anybody can see. If someone (cough, Roger) purchases this product, please be so kind as to kick First Class in the backside (as a customer I think you are entitled) and then could you please post some images?
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Charter Member 2011
    i'm gonna guess its along the same lines as the magister, round the world in 80 flights, hurricanes, and maybe early years of flight
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

HERE you can find some pictures of the Wellington. But unfortunately there are no pictures of the VC...

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Well the outside looks pretty good!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Very nice, I always liked the Naval one.....just a bunch of wood placed together correctly!!!....will get it.
    but when i is available for download (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick C View Post
    http://www.contact-simulations.com/a...TON_.html#a631

Sadly, here we have another product page with no bloody pictures that anybody can see. If someone (cough, Roger) purchases this product, please be so kind as to kick First Class in the backside (as a customer I think you are entitled) and then could you please post some images?
    If it was downloadable I might risk it but I don't usually do snail mail orders.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Good point Roger, I wonder if it will become available as a download?

Thanks for the link Tim, I'd still need to see some VC shots before purchase however.

Ooooo and we have a new smiley, excellent :bs: :d
    Cheers,

Nick

Didn't quite escape.
    I was hoping it would be in Game. It wasn't (although pretty much every other FCS title is). It may appear on Friday, or the Friday after, we'll see.

I'm very tempted, for a variety of reasons, but will contact FCS directly tomorrow and express peoples' concerns. I need to phone them anyway.

Ian P.

Didn't quite escape.
    A little bit of research by one of the guys at simMarket has uncovered this...

http://www.contactsales.co.uk/Wellington.htm

Ian P.

Thanks Ian :ernae:
    Cheers,

Nick

I just don't have the money anymore and that saddens me. It looks quite nice. I'm slowly drifting out of the payware market I'm afraid.

Don't want to stir up that subject again though, it looks rather nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VC doesn't look too bad although IF looks a bit tricky with the control column where it is!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Nice VC! Great detail on the geodetic structure too. :

http://www.contactsales.co.uk/Vault/...gton_VC_03.jpg

:d
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Amazon have a release date of 5/12 and Play 12/12

Mentioned this over at CBFS.The model itself looks okay, but is ruined by this ludicrous wood grain effect. I just can't understand why things like this get past whatever quality control regime there may be. What on earth were they thinking of ?

If comes with a paintkit, or some good repaints appear, I might get it. Otherwise, another false dawn for FSX owners.

gajit
    It looks :bs: to me - very disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    It looks :bs: to me - very disappointing
    Care to elaborate? I mean admittedly the wood effect on the textures looks a bit naff, but the model itself and the VC look rather good?
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrin View Post
    I just don't have the money anymore and that saddens me. It looks quite nice. I'm slowly drifting out of the payware market I'm afraid.

Don't want to stir up that subject again though, it looks rather nice.
    Me too, it is getting pretty expensive......the world money situation is

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    Care to elaborate? I mean admittedly the wood effect on the textures looks a bit naff, but the model itself and the VC look rather good?
    Need I say more - bit naff is an understatement. I am always suspicious when there is a lack of detailed screenshots of a product and have learnt the "hard" way - being optimistic with my "hard" earned case.

It would be great to have a decent Wellington but this does not show much promise at the moment.

Didn't quite escape.
    Having dug a bit further, it appears that the "general" release of this one won't be until the first half of December - as has already been stated by noddy above. I wonder how many of those shots are beta models?

I guess we'll find out next month.

Ian P.

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Having dug a bit further, it appears that the "general" release of this one won't be until the first half of December - as has already been stated by noddy above. I wonder how many of those shots are beta models?

I guess we'll find out next month.

Ian P.
    I do hope it turns out better than I'm anticipating - I would honestly love to be proved wrong on this one.

I thought it looked OK from the pictures Ian linked to, however as he says, we'll find out next month.
    Cheers,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Need I say more - bit naff is an understatement. I am always suspicious when there is a lack of detailed screenshots of a product and have learnt the "hard" way - being optimistic with my "hard" earned case.

It would be great to have a decent Wellington but this does not show much promise at the moment.
    Fair enough I suppose. I just thought saying it was cow **** was a little bit harsh based on some screenshots.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one personally, I'd love a good FSX Wellington.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

The "Wood effect" is weird but I hope these comments will reach the developers before release and perhaps the Wellie will be good.
    One thing that amazes me (and undoubtedly Nick too) is the ubiquitously poor quality of shots that developers take of their projects. Anti-aliasing...who needs it? Anisotropic filtering...bah humbug!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Well I have placed an order for it, be good to have some more WWII stuff.

Members who have read this thread: 2