Airfile editors...can anyone help?

Thread: Airfile editors...can anyone help?

Blog Entries

Question Airfile editors...can anyone help?

Can anyone render some help as to a good airfile editor... preferably with some tutorial points?

Blog Entries

Airfile Editors

Can anyone direct me to a good airfile editor, preferably one with some tutorial points?

If you want a completely free editor, look for AirEd at the big library sites - I think there's even a version in the Archive here. However, AirWrench seems to be the best tool for the job -

http://www.mudpond.org/AirWrench_main.htm

Do a google search for Introduction to Flight Dynamics By Rabbijah Guder

That will give you an idea of where to start as regards what to do.

I have Abacus Flight Dynamics Editor on my machine and have also used AirEd.
    AirWrench is also installed but in Evaluation mode, am looking to acquire in the future.

If using AirEd, any of the 1% aircraft will also have an Excel spreadsheet that you can
    open to get an idea of what you also need to consider. The 1% speadsheets also have
    various data that may be useful for the aircraft you are looking at.
    (1GB_Beaufighter_TFX, 1GB_Hurricane_Mk1A, 1GB_Spitfire_MK_9C, 1GR_Bf-109E4, 1GR_Fw-190D9, 1IT_CR42i, 1IT_MC205, 1JA_J7W1_Shinden, 1JA_Ki-61-1b_Tony, 1RU_Yak-3, 1US_F4U-4, 1US_P-38J-25, 1US_p-51d30, to name a few of the 1% aircraft)

If you look at the airfiles in each of the program formats it can also help you to understand
    how the airfiles are structured.

A decent library or being able to find air performance data, weights, armament etc
    on the internet will also be a big help especially if you are after realistic performance
    for the aircraft you are interested in.

Members who have read this thread: 0