I Got My TM Hotas Warthog Today!

Thread: I Got My TM Hotas Warthog Today!

I Got My TM Hotas Warthog Today!

The stick is just plain awesome. The whole kit is built like a battleship and almost as heavy. The throttle has so many stinkin switches I don't quite know where to start. My most complex stick prior to this was my Saitek X45.
    Looking at this thing I feel like a caveman sitting in the Space Shuttle. I am very impressed so far.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

You Lucky Dog!!!!!!!!!Good for You Bud!!!!
    Did you order through BLT?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Where did you order it from? I'm going to order it today.

I got it from Amazon.
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready

Please give us an update after you've used it for about a week. I have this on my list as a possible replacement for my X45 as well. Oh, and wtg on getting them, they showed up just in time for the weekend.

I do despirately hate you Scratch mate loool I'm so jealous! :salute:
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

I just checked out the Warthog on the Thrustmaster website.
    http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=221
    Scratch, I can see why you were overwhelmed by all the switchology. :d

I just can't get over the solid real feeling of the stick. I've sat in several fighter cockpits at the Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola and this stick feels every bit as real as those do.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    I just can't get over the solid real feeling of the stick. I've sat in several fighter cockpits at the Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola and this stick feels every bit as real as those do.
    As it should do....the HOTAS Warthog is designed exactly as per the real deal...same weights,same feel in the resistance of the switches...everything! Enjoy it!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    As it should do....the HOTAS Warthog is designed exactly as per the real deal...same weights,same feel in the resistance of the switches...everything! Enjoy it!
    ........And almost same $/Price/$ as The Real Deal also!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
    ........And almost same $/Price/$ as The Real Deal also!!!
    Yeah, it's not cheap, but after years of having joysticks only lasting a few years before breaking I made the decision to start getting flightsim gear that will last. This is a hobby that I get a great deal of joy from and it keeps me at home, which my wife likes, and after years of just settling for the mediocre I'm getting serious about my hobby. It costs much less than many other hobbies when you compare it to others.

As for my other hobbies, anybody know where I can get my hands of a good English yew longbow?

I have the TM HOTAS cougar and think its great but I use my X52 more because of the twist rudder. My rudder pedals got cooked and I never replaced them so the cougar sits and collects dust. It's a shame but they do make great flight sticks.
    Enjoy your Hotas Warthog.

I received mine today!
    I have a HOTAS Cougar but this one is better in every aspect. If you have the cash for it and fly DCS A-10C it really is a must have.

Members who have read this thread: 0