In search of...

Thread: In search of...

In search of...

Any skins for B24Guy's OH Hellcat or even the MS stocker representing VF-2 (1943), VF-6 (1943-44) and VF-20 (1943-44). From what i've gathered so far, these three squadrons served a considerable amount of time aboard the "Big E".

I have HC skins for the Hornet CV-12, Yorktown CV-10 and a few other notables commissioned in '43 and '44, but i'm drawing a blank for Hellcat units assigned to the Enterprise.

Thanks in advance...

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Any skins for B24Guy's OH Hellcat or even the MS stocker representing VF-2 (1943), VF-6 (1943-44) and VF-20 (1943-44). From what i've gathered so far, these three squadrons served a considerable amount of time aboard the "Big E".

I have HC skins for the Hornet CV-12, Yorktown CV-10 and a few other notables commissioned in '43 and '44, but i'm drawing a blank for Hellcat units assigned to the Enterprise.

Thanks in advance...
    Bearcat,

The only Hellcat skins I've found for Enterprise are for the FDG Hellcat and skins by RobH. I'm not sure the time periods for them though.

Talon

Thanks Talon, i have the FDG2 Cat in Lt. Leo B. McCuddin, VF-20 (# blue 71) done by both RobH and Revev. The FDG2 bird is a very nice model, but i'm trying to fill some gaps in my collection of OH Hellcats. At the very least, i'm hoping to find a couple of Enterprise skins for the stocker that i can convert to the OH model.

Bearcat,
    I have a VF-6 and VF-16 Hellcat texture floating around somewhere. I'll dig them out if you want them. I'm not sure if they can be used on the OH model. If not I'll flip them over so you can.
    Bub
    Attachment 23339
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Thanks for the offer Bub. I'm in good shape on VF-16 skins, but the VF-6 sounds like something i may be interested in. Let me know when you're ready and i'll send you my addy.

Found one done by Hawkeye in 2001 (another long-lost talent from those early CFS2 years). The generic look and the early USN insignia fits well for VF-2, 1943. I can use the generic stock paint with star and bar insignia for VF-2, late '43.

Bearcat,
    If this is the one? I'll get it zipped up and await your PM.:mixedsmi:
    Bub
    Attachment 23371
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Perfect for VF-6, Bub...thanks!