FSX in 3d?

Thread: FSX in 3d?

Cool FSX in 3d?

I don't post often....have'nt even fired up fsx in a long, long time.
    I had a clean install of it on my 32bit win 7 and wondered if it would run from there in my 64 bit install (duelboot on seperae HDs).

Well iit did run on the 64 bit install by just navigateing to the hd it was on and clicking the exe.

Then things go weird, poped a error 1st off but loaded. Looks normal at the splash screen but when i went ingame had a text at lower right that lights were wrong. And it was clearly a color shifted 3D view (full screen). I have a pair of those paper 3D glasses...red and blue lens. Darned if it was'nt 3D.
    Switched to windowed and it was normal but in full screen I have a 3D fsx. Looks neat but man it did surprise me

I assume this pic will work for any with the red/blue 3d glasses.

too bad it would only work unintentionally.

I've been toying with this myself recently but need some 3d specs to try it!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Seems it's native on nvidia cards...I'd never fooled with the 3D settings but seems they were on default on my 64 bit install.

I guess I'm a tad behind times on this.

I have tried the 3D before, but since I wear glasses, I have yet to find anything I can wear on top of my glasses that is both comfortable, and effective at the same time......

I'm in 3D on computers for ages...

...but it was always too demanding and too complicated.

I have at least 3 different shutter glasses to use with old CRT Monitors.

The effect when used with FS was great, an approach to an airport was a whole different thing and helicopter flight is lifted to a complete new level. My main problem with helos is manouvering close to ground, I cannot estimate where the ground is. With 3D, you simply see it.

But the recent development in 3D TVs gives me hope.
    Currently I use my 40'' LCD TV connected to my computer as well.

When 3D TVs drop to a resonable price I plan to get one and THEN, no more Leela style flying :d .

SOH-CM-2023
    nVidia can provide drivers for 3D that must be activated.

The effect is really neat in VCs but I soon tire of the need for glasses and the subdued colors.

Members who have read this thread: 0