Aussies tell it how it is

Thread: Aussies tell it how it is

Aussies tell it how it is

Too bad this message will not be seen by those who need to change their drinking habits although they may choose to ignore it.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o>I think that Australia should be complemented on having the guts to "tell it like it is" and get this campaign out to all of its licensed drivers and to air it on TV...it is very moving and very life like…it has a very strong impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8<o></o>
    </o>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ananda View Post
    Too bad this message will not be seen by those who need to change their drinking habits although they may choose to ignore it.

<o>I think that Australia should be complemented on having the guts to "tell it like it is" and get this campaign out to all of its licensed drivers and to air it on TV...it is very moving and very life like…it has a very strong impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8<o></o>
    </o>
    I have seen a change in attitude within the US on driving and drinking. I attribute a lot of this to public campaigns. If you can keep them from drinking when young, you have a chance.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

For too many decades in the US, drinking and smoking was virtually promoted as "what adults do". Therefore, kids who wanted to put on the facade of being an adult started drinking and smoking as soon as they could. How screwed up that was, and is!

poet,traveler
    My brother is one who will never learn,all I can say to that video is wow.....That was powerful.:salute:
    Of course I know what I'm doing,gee whiz......ouch,owwwww

Happiness Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I have seen a change in attitude within the US on driving and drinking. I attribute a lot of this to public campaigns. If you can keep them from drinking when young, you have a chance.
    The problem with drinking while driving is that you can't text at the same time and hold your beer, so people are now decidedly having a problem. Whether to hold a beer or hold a phone.

Looks like the phone is winning. :mixedsmi:
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Back in the 1960s, they used to show us a movie at school called, "The Last Prom".

http://www.veoh.com/collection/ephem...448814H6N28QDm

Actually, I think this is a remake of the one I saw in the 60s. This one, I think, was done in 1980.

The message was the same as this Australian movie, and for the time period, just as powerful.

But the enforcement of laws against drunk driving was not anything like today.

I remember watching the "Last Prom" as a kid. When I became a teenager, I admit driving while drunk though. It's a miracle I am still here, considering.

But that Australian movie is definitely moving.

Thanks.

NC

That is a very powerful short film. Having worked as a paramedic in Raleigh, NC back in the late 60's to mid 70's, and personally seen the aftermath of far too many fatalities due to drunk driving...

...I stopped drinking entirely.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Jeez, very moving film, couldn't stop watching, even how terrible the images got.
    Thanks for sharing though.

Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Jeez, very moving film, couldn't stop watching, even how terrible the images got.
    Thanks for sharing though.

Rob
    As Rob said....

I don't drink at all, never have, so I don't worry about me drinking and driving, but I do worry about other people doing it or talking on the phone while driving. After my experience with the oblivitard that took my ability to walk without pain from me in 2006, I can say this though. If you were to hurt or otherwise cause someone I love to go through what I've endured for the last 4 years, because you were drunk or too busy to look up from your phone and care about what you are supposed to be doing, there is not a place on this Earth that you will be able to hide from me, the planet is just not that big. I've lain awake at night and thought about this and I've decided if God forbid, it happens what I will do to the person responsible for it. I know that I will go to prison for it and I am comfortable with that, knowing that the person that started it all also paid dearly.

CAD
    I'm still looking for work, if anyone needs anything done in AutoCAD, Inventor or Solidworks, give me a shout. I've got 20 plus years experience in design.

Members who have read this thread: 0