DH100 - Vampire?

Thread: DH100 - Vampire?

DH100 - Vampire?

Say, have anyone tried converting R.Richardson's FSX Vampire to CFS2? Fantastic model. Many FSX model converts allright to CFS2 using the MDLC sw, but this one fails...

http://simviation.com/1/browse-FSX-54-8

Morton

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Question JUST BECAUSE...

... I had an hour to "burn" this morning, and I love a challenge [Heck, if Morton can't do it....]

But this craft was just as stubborn for me and my "SuperSet" Mk_MDLC as it was for Him.

I'm stumped - WHY won't some FS2004 / FSX planes backwards convert again ?

Grrrr...
    SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

These are a new format of model, That use xml code instead of the old flightsim variables.
    Looking at them in a hex editor I do not think they use BGL.
    But
    There is a program called ModelConverterX http://agerrius.homedns.org/ModelConverterX/
    that can import this type of model,
    it can then export a max 3ds file which will load into gmax, at least, the mesh will,
    the animation structure is lost and has to be rebuilt in gmax. A lot of work.

This tool is great, it will load scenery api s and scasm files too, a great way to get that old fs2000 pre gmax scenery into gmax importable format.

Ok, I understand. Thanks Simonu. Some FSX models are built the "traditional way", which we sometimes can import to FS2002 and CFS2, some with xml code which leave us in the dark. Too bad.

Morton

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Seconded

My Atta Boy to be included, Simon - Thanks for that link. :salute:

I have a TON of collected API files just waiting for a cold winter afternoon to be converted...

Maybe this year I'll get them done !

SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Morton/Simonu,
    There is/may be a way to convert pure native FSX ac.
    Using Bill 'Lionheart' Ortis conversion technique which basically removes the FS9 polygon limit from the compilation process, along with a large number of processes and tweaks, you can convert from native FSX to Fs9. (I have his pdf guide if anyone wants it)

Now once a functioning Fs9 model it may/should be possible to convert to CFS2?

Something to fiddle with during the long winter months..............

I know this is a very nice freebie, but a great and easy conversion is ol' Alphasim's DH100Vampire, if you haven't that already.

Cheers Shessi

Shessi, i wouldn't mind a gander at Bill's tutorial. Can you post it here?

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Thanks Rohan

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

BC,
    It's well explained and if followed correctly works to Fs9. I've had problems trying to convert through to CFS2 due I think, to the huge MDL that the process creates and possibly the limits of MDLC, in it's current format.

Cheers Shessi

Shessi, very interesting! Maybe there's some hope after all. Lets give Bearcat some time with it..
    Meanwhile I'll check out the Alphasim model.

Morton :salute: