Come back to flight simming with a problem.

Thread: Come back to flight simming with a problem.

Come back to flight simming with a problem.

Hi all,
    After quite some time i have come back to flight simming. A new machine with neuclear powered processor etc.
    Well i am getting 60+ fps with everything maxed out at a resolution of 1680x1050. Great it sounds, But i am having a grphics problem in that the textures for some of the buildings flicker on and off. It is only the buildings that flicker. All other textures are fine.
    I am now using Windows 7 Ultimate and don't know if this is the problem,
    Any suggestions to a solution would be gratefully recieved.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Blog Entries
    One place to start would be to update your graphics card driver, if not already updated. Are you seeing this on any other games?

Steven Beeny, FS repainter and modeller.

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.
    Watch the new Canberra promo video here: http://youtu.be/m3rWTivCupg

Hi,
    No only in FS9. FSX and CFS1/2 are fine.
    TY for the reply.
    My drivers are fully updated.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Having a fully updated video driver may be the problem. In some cases, FS9 and the most current drivers don't play well together. If I install the most recent driver for my Nvidia GeForce 7600GS, my FS9 performance declines. If I roll it back 2 or 3 drivers...smooth as silk.

YOu may want to try a couple older video drivers and see if that fixes the problem.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    That's really good to know, Obio, I run an 8600, but am tempted to try a roll-back to see if I can get some more milage. What driver set are you running?

Steven Beeny, FS repainter and modeller.

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.
    Watch the new Canberra promo video here: http://youtu.be/m3rWTivCupg

Steve

I'm glad you asked about the driver I'm running. Went in to take a look and found that at some point I must have accidentally downloaded a driver from the Windows update site...which would explain why my sim has become less stable lately. Need to dump it and grab the right driver from the Nvidia site.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

About 1 out of about 20-30 startups of FS9 I get this. It usually happens when I choose Banton's Huey, but I have seen it do this with other aircraft too. A restart of FS9 usually clears it up.

Is this an issue with my video card or the driver?

phantomx1

I would say that it is most likely a video driver issue. If you are running the most recent driver, roll back to an earlier version or two. Remember to use a good driver cleaner to fully remove the old driver before installing a new one.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Obio.
    This is a fairly new computer, about 5-6 months old. Couldn't see any way to roll the drivers back to previous versions so I had the computer search for updates, which it did find and install something. Will try that a while and see if does away with that god awful shredded shards look.

By the way Obio, much thanks for getting those guages together for the VC on the ALPHA Fairchild A-10, they are so nice and very useful. Fly that plane a lot.

Blog Entries
    Also use a utility like Rivatuner and check the temps on your GPU...heat will cause the same thing to occur. You can speed your fan up with Rivatuner if you need to. This utility works with Nvidia and ATI
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam