Orbx - FTX: AU YMML Melbourne International v2

Thread: Orbx - FTX: AU YMML Melbourne International v2

Orbx - FTX: AU YMML Melbourne International v2

It's now available to all pre-payed customers.

I really hope the performance issures have been sorted out. Will report later.

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

:salute:Installing now , Melbourne on steriods , we will find out
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Orbx Melbourne Frames ?

What? Is this scenery a big hit on frame rates? Haven't heard anything about that. I must admit I do like the video's put out of Orbx sceneries. To be truthful, the only scenery I have from them is the Tasmania Demo and the Pacific Northwest Demo - which are good and don't appear to have any major impact on frames on my system -- so go figure.

I have considered purchasing their scenery in the past - but as I have indicated in earlier posts, payware aircraft tended to dominate my wallet and unless it was from Local scenery creators in NZ I have resisted the temptation. Now if they release scenery of New Zealand in the near future - that is a whole different thing....(Have VLC but would like to ramp it up a bit).

Well at first I was not that impressed with the performance!
    I was getting 7 - 15 fps in the VRS F18 with a weird jumpy effect when in outside view.

Then I went though the pdf manual and adjusted my settings as suggested and got a jump to 25 - 35 fps.

The quality of the detail was never in dispute. ORBX never disapoints with quality!

My only one qualm is there is a "shimmer" on the runway if viewed in the air. Graphical glitch

Attachment 22800

Thanks ORBX it was so worth my $8.50 upgrade from v1.

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Spikehughes View Post
    Now if they release scenery of New Zealand in the near future - that is a whole different thing.
    It must have been a while since you checked their upcoming products page:

http://fullterrain.com/product_roadmap.html

Some gorgeous previews in the link below, registration required:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=24015.0

As far as the new YMML is concerned I am very satisfied. The scenery performs very well on my two year old system, a world of difference compared to the previous versions.
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Members who have read this thread: 0