Multiswap file won't accept name on ETO installation

Thread: Multiswap file won't accept name on ETO installation

Multiswap file won't accept name on ETO installation

Hi guys,

I'm running win7 64 and trying to install the expansion set. When I run the Multiswap program, I type the name in 'CFS3 ETO Expansion' as per instructions, but an error comes up 'Problem Modifying File'. Can anyone tell me what to do ?

Thanks

Neil

Two things to check:-

Have you turned off the User Access Control (UAC) in Windows 7? (same goes for Vista)

Do you get the message CFS3.1 version found at the top of the MultiCFS3 dialog box? If you don't, you haven't installed ETO correctly and there's no point in proceeding further, you'll have to start again.

If you haven't already, you can get a comprehensive guide to installing ETO up to version 1.2 from SOH. (patching on to 1.40 is easy thereafter) Windows 7 64-bit is fully covered...

Look in the Warbird's Library under CFS3 Other, or the direct link is:- http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&Fi leID=14798
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I wasn't getting that message. Thanks for the link, I'll read through it and have another go.

Thanks

Don`t turn off UAC.... it is there to protect you

Try right-clicking on the program or shortcut and selecting "run as administrator". This will give it access to protected files and let them be modified

Multiswap is pre-vista so will fall foul of uac if you have CFS3 installed in Program Files (a protected location)

Thanks for the help guys. All installed upto the 1.4 hotfix and everything appears to be working, this is great. Many thanks for everyones input.

I've installed it on a seperate drive, so had to take my time editing the batch files tec.

Cheers

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Don`t turn off UAC.... it is there to protect you

Try right-clicking on the program or shortcut and selecting "run as administrator". This will give it access to protected files and let them be modified

Multiswap is pre-vista so will fall foul of uac if you have CFS3 installed in Program Files (a protected location)
    As you say Martin, MultiCFS3 is pre-Vitsa and so falls foul of UAC. So too do a number of programs which run when installing ETO, which is why it's recommended to turn UAC off.

For that matter, the era and spawn selectors also fall foul of UAC, leading to "stuck in Era 1" problems, also CFS3 itself in Win 7. Ve haf our reasons, Herr Oberst...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0