Something 'mighty' is coming this way!

Thread: Something 'mighty' is coming this way!

Something 'mighty' is coming this way!

.............Nimrod, 'The Mighty Hunter' for FSX and freeware too! Yes it will have a VC and no, there is no release date yet. I will post some larger screenshots when I have permission from 'The Shed' to do so!

http://www.simshed.co.uk/nimrod-fsx.html

Living near Woodford this is a poignant post for me but more for the people who were expecting another 2 years work at Avros.
    Looking forward to this model!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Living near Woodford this is a poignant post for me but more for the people who were expecting another 2 years work at Avros.
    To be fair Roger, the people at BAe have 10 years more work on the MR4 than the budget allowed for, makes the Nimrod AEW saga look like a bit of lost loose change! I hate to say it, the RAF should have bought either the Hawkeye or Atlantique in the late 90s. Still, even that would probably have not got past the Spending Reviews. I feel sorry for all the new WS Ops that have been waiting for the new aircraft that now find themselves without a trade....luckily the Chinooks need some more door gunners!

The Nimrod is actually looking so bad, you immediately have to love it!

Cheers,
    Huub

Hasn't this rendition been WIP for ages?

It would be cool to see Simshed at it again 'though. Doesn't even have to be all new models, a FSX native conversion of their old ones would be nice as well. :d

This one is fully FSX native and although only about 90% completed, I am getting better FR's than a default Cessna in the beta version flight deck.

Brian at the Simshed is having trouble loggin on here, so here is one of a set of new shots he posted today. If he cannot post himself later, I will put up the others too. This will be a great model when it is finished.

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    When I see that view through the front windscreens, I get a bit of a shudder, thinking back.

A number of years ago, at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)'s annual airshow, held out over the Toronto waterfront, a Nimrod performed a nifty low, stealthy approach, followed by a steep climb and loop over the top. He didn't make it, and hit the water while still about 10 degrees nose-down.

But the fast-approaching water -- the last thing the crew saw -- must've been been a truly terrible sight!
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

A new beta version was released to the test team this week and things are really coming along nicely!

This is the sort of freeware that has been missing since many of us moved from FS9. As users of David Maltby's esteemed Comet 4 series will notice, the Nimrod has a lot of internal similarity on the flight deck.

For those who still do not own a sub-woofer, now would be a good time to put it on your Christmas list! The sound set with the Nimrod really 'ROCKS'!!!!

Attachment 23344Attachment 23343Attachment 23342Attachment 23341

That looks great!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Here is a shot of the 'Last of the Line', the ELINT Nimrod R1, still in service until spring 2011...possibly!

Attachment 23840

Looking fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    A new beta version was released to the test team this week and things are really coming along nicely!

This is the sort of freeware that has been missing since many of us moved from FS9. As users of David Maltby's esteemed Comet 4 series will notice, the Nimrod has a lot of internal similarity on the flight deck.

For those who still do not own a sub-woofer, now would be a good time to put it on your Christmas list! The sound set with the Nimrod really 'ROCKS'!!!!

Attachment 23344Attachment 23343Attachment 23342Attachment 23341
    Fantastic looking model gents! I will be adding this one to my hangar when she's released.

Matt

Soundset recorded at Kinloss onboard and around XV260 as guest of 201

Brian

The quality of the textures in the virtual cockpi remind me about the virtual cockpits of the planes from dmflightsim.co.uk (I can never spell the name of that guy properly).
    And that's more or less one of the greatest compliments I can say to an FS model.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    (I can never spell the name of that guy properly)
    Dave Maltby.

Try "Vladimir Zhyhulskiy" for a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Dave Maltby.
    Ah yes,thanks!

Try "Vladimir Zhyhulskiy" for a challenge.
    I usually write "Vlad Z."

Beautiful work both inside and out!

Thanks guys, she'll definitely be out before Christmas. Just in the paperwork stages

Members who have read this thread: 0