Xtreme Prototypes Gates LearJet Anniversary Edition Update Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xtreme Prototypes Gates LearJet Anniversary Edition Update Released

Repaint?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    just did my first Real flight in the Learjet from Columbia CA to Aspin CO 1 hour 17 MIN landed with 35 Fuel

Hi.Iwas woundering if you were going to share the repaint.Good work.Chet Two Wolves.

Just got the update from Just Flight.
    NICE!!!!!:salute:
    Thanks a bunch!

Working on a Canadian Livery , should have it up for download tomorrow

Attachment 23019

Quote Originally Posted by chet twowolves View Post
    Hi.Iwas woundering if you were going to share the repaint.Good work.Chet Two Wolves.

yes it is a repaint

will post it soon
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

My 24 bucks worth. Has anyone been able to trim this plane for level flight yet? I have been fighting with it since last night and so far its the worst behaving aircraft Ive flown in a loooong time.
    The trim goes from no effect at all to plus/minus extreme climbs and decents. This thing is rotten. The slightest of power changes and it either points its nose at the ground or towards the heavens. Why is it ever time I click on the alt hold its aways seem to be preset at maximum fpm down? This plane seems hell bent on destroying itself.
    My first take off roll should have warned me as I ran off the runway :redf: And I am a guy who has mastered the tail draggers and warbirds. Hell the A2A ww2 birds seem easy compared to ice skating this heap down the runway.
    I also took a peak over my shoulder and thougth I had came face to face with the Exorxcist. Worst looking "woman???" thing I have ever seen.
    I have been waiting for a long time for a early Lear and hope to fool around with the flight model and make this plane imo flyable. Some thing is just not right as it feels cheap. Btw I was concerned about the bad press on the vr pit but imo its fine.
    Plane has alot of potential. Its just the fm is a mess. Anyone with any tweeks or replacement ones feel free to post or contact me.

The
    Canadian Repaint
    in the pics has been produced to work with any of the 24 - 25 - 28 Series by replacing generic paint 2 , it represents an early still operating Lear in international service.
    Unzip to a temporary folder and copy the contents to folder texture.2 in your selected Lear 24 - 25 or 28 Series Aircraft .
    Attachment 23063Attachment 23064Attachment 23065

A number of Lear rated pilots have said of this model that it represents well the unforgiving nature of the early Lear Gates 20 Series , one gets used to setting the knob for altitude fast enough , it’s not having a GPS / Nav switch in these early planes that annoys me. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

I flew 402s,404s,Mu-2s,690 Commanders for a Bank check company in the late 80s. We had 2 lears used for a military contract that required them as the paper work needed to be in Atlanta by a x time and they were the only thing fast enough. I jumped on many a flight to be relocated and while hard to stay ahead of and always craving altitude, not what I would consider clunky. Always bumping into vne is accurate and more altitude was constantly being requested.
    I enjoy the challenge of a aircraft with bad habits or that needed to be pampered. The Mitz would kill you if you did not stay on it all the time. Dam thing was wide as it was long and you would easily bust your as# if you got cocky. The F-104 is what I would consider unforgiving.
    Having the Lear want to climb or dive with a set power setting that cannot be trimmed out is frustrating. Tonight I plan to run a few long xcountry flights and really wring it out.
    BTW- If you are doing paints a cargo version or a bag for the chick with the green hair, or is it purple would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Why is it ever time I click on the alt hold its aways seem to be preset at maximum fpm down? This plane seems hell bent on destroying itself.
    That autopilot face looks just like an old H-14 and they weren't very good, but the weird thing is they chose to put a vertical speed preselect knob on the VSI. You've just got to dial it in first. I don't remember any of those old autopilots at could do much more than hold pitch or altitude.

I really don't have any issues with the flight model. Speeds, fuel burns, climb, altitude capability are all pretty close it seems to me. They weren't the greatest flying airplanes--they were just about the first business planes that were fast. Take it up to FL410 and everything looks just about right.

cheers,
    steve

BTW, one more vote for a cargo interior, Chuck, but you knew that anyway.

I dunno something is not right. The vsi is very slow and again, somethings not right. I tried to hand fly the thing just trying to maintain altitude and bank. I was all over the place like 1st day cadet. The real Lear handles like a dart and is some what pitchy depending on the cg. But its not sloshy. I think clunky best descibes it. But still things happen for a reason and I see no reason for not being able to trim a plane out when the power and pitch are contant.
    And for God sake get that woman a bra. Looks like 2 eggs with the yokes busted.

Also.. Nobody take my post as slamming the jet. I appreciate someone doing the older Lears. I hate that all the new jets are all crt screens. Give me round gauges any day. Now if a good Mu-2 will ever be released. I will even take a bad Mu-2. Now if you want to talk about a sloppy plane that will scare the crap out of you at least once every time you fly it thats the one. The fear jet has nothing on the Moo 2.

Man , that broke me up ,.." Looks like 2 eggs with the yokes busted ", that passenger has left no one indifferent..<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    I don’t know if i failed miserably or succeeded beyond my wildest expectations , perhaps it is merely ill considered to have entered into the Sexy Passenger contest that exists between modellers .<o></o>
    I even received a series of emails from a Arab Gentleman absolutely scandalized i had a “ Pute “ in the cabin and went so far as to threaten he would terrorise me if i don’t do something about it , the entire conversation was in French and very tongue in cheek but i have never seen a set of pixels generate as much attention.<o></o>

Has anyone else had problems with HDG HOLD? For some reason the a/c keeps zig-zagging past the HDG Bug, and never seems to settle down to a fixed heading...

Since all the "code" is embedded into the compiled .mdl file, I've opened it up in MS Visual Studio's hex editor and verified that it's simply using the default XML key_events, so the only thing left is that the FDE isn't quite right.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Its all 3D gauges aside the GPS screen but Xtreme doesn't have any reports of this in my support records , i will be having the FDE looked at in a test flight with its creator over a Pizza this week and go through the comments here and at Avsim, perhaps discuss an Air Ambulance / Freight version at the same time.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    So Bill ,in your estimation how would one compare Polly to Dianne ?<o></o>

Post Script , did a multiplayer flight from KHND in Vegas to KTOA Torrance, California a 5000 foot field and all systems behaved normally , apart the lights at the airport floating , shimmering lines on the taxiways and other FSX foibles to greet my arrival.

Must admit to having drilled this plane into the ground the first two times i tried some while ago , but tonight i nailed this landing, kind of fun when it all comes together once in a while<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

outstandting lear jet

This is very detailed lear jet very happy with it.I hope there will be more repaints for it.With american Reg.Well done.Chet Two Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    So Bill ,in your estimation how would one compare Polly to Dianne ?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Oh, I'm so not going to step into that minefield! Since Diane is a "real person" and married to Bobby Hayes... :ernae:
    It's easy for me to spot the huge improvements you've made to the bird, especially in the vc graphics.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Time for a revival! There are no real world paints of this add on available! I sure would love some; anybody else with me?

Welcome to the forums! Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands! I asked over and over for some really great bare metal textures for a few different aircraft but never any takers. So one day I just took it upon myself to figure out how the whole repainting thing works...it took time and a patience; and there are plenty of people here that are more than happy to help you learn the ropes...heck im still tangled up in the ropes! unfortuately I don't own this bird. However once you get desperate enough for a repaint you'll be surprised what you can accomplish! I hope someone does take your challenge though!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

[QUOTE=Chuck_Jodry-VJPL;500817].... current owners just re download and install .

<O></O>

<OThis is what i have done and it is the same file as inital purchase. ...again disappointing

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    [QUOTE=narah;916509]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    .... current owners just re download and install .

<o></o>

<oThis is what i have done and it is the same file as inital purchase. ...again disappointing
    When did you purchase it? This thread was started four years ago..
    </o
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Icon12

[QUOTE=Ferry_vO;916511][QUOTE=narah;916509]

When did you purchase it? This thread was started four years ago..

i see your point... ;-)

will read more carefully next time. thanks

</O[ QUOTE]

The stuff that drives painters bonkers...

Don't get me wrong, this is a great plane and I love flying it.

That being said, I think the lack of repaints might have something to do with the paint kit. While it is better than some, there are some issues with it.

As an example, this is the nav light on the 25 tip tank, with the lens removed...

If I zoom in you can see there is a complete texture sheet mapped to the bulb...

I am finishing up a US-reg paint that I hope to upload tomorrow.

If you download it, don't look too close to the bulbs.

cheers,
    Lane

well i would like to update i need to download my old one sept there Support never works i forgot my password and so on i ask for it to e-mail it i have not seen a single e-mail from there website ever!
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Members who have read this thread: 2