FCS Sunderland available for Pre-Order
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCS Sunderland available for Pre-Order

FCS Sunderland available for Pre-Order

http://www.firstclass-simulations.bi...ode=FCS%2DSUND

Looks like a nice model, although no interior shots yet. Not sure of the release date, but looking forward to seeing this.

Been keeping an eye on this for a while now. It's right up my alley but I'll wait for some more screenshots before I commit my credit card.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I will have to see more/better screenshots too. The shots provided on that page are pretty poor and the panel lines/bump mapping make the fuselage look like it's built from concrete blocks! :isadizzy:
    Larry

The RNZAF were the last to operate the Sunderland , Mk 5 powered by more powerfull P&W twin wasps - aircraft phased out in 1967 , I do have both the FCS Wellington and Lancaster , both cockpits 'VC' really make you feel your in the types , I have two very good friends in who were aircrew , they will be pleased to hear the news , no hesitation i,m in .

www.nzff.org

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

aha - I was thinking of you when I saw this Ian.

This is one of those releases I would like to get - but I am also hesitant because it is not an FSX native model AFAIK and there are not enough screenies............

Though, it is the first payware Sunderland AFAIK........
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Boy, do they want to sell this? Can't tell by the (lack of) detail in the pictures. They may have well put thumbnails!!
    ....FCS better donate a few to get some exposure!! Ridiculous.

Can't wait for this but I agree with what's said and I'm also somewhat reluctant to preorder aircraft!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    I will have to see more/better screenshots too. The shots provided on that page are pretty poor and the panel lines/bump mapping make the fuselage look like it's built from concrete blocks! :isadizzy:
    My thoughts exactly. And its FCS, so caveat emptor.

I think even the most ardent Sunderland enthusiast will wait and see with this one.

And are they right in stating the Sunderland was the first aircraft to sink a U-boat ? I believe that honour goes to a Blenheim Mk IV of No. 82 Squadron, sinking U.31 in the Schillig Roads on 11 March 1940.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SADT View Post
    it is not an FSX native model AFAIK
    It is.. Look at the shadows in the first shot.

The shots provided on that page are pretty poor and the panel lines/bump mapping make the fuselage look like it's built from concrete blocks!
    Those panel lines look way too wide and deep for a realistic look imho!

Guess I'll join the long line waiting for better screenshots.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Yeah, FCS quality is a bit hit and miss, so I'd like to see a bit more before committing, it's also been advertised in PC Pilot for the last two issues, so not sure what the status is.

I have the wellington and lancaster which are entertaining, but I'd like to see more pictures as well.

I have the Lancaster. A little too much shine overall. But generally speaking I'm happy with that one as it's nicely done in my eyes.

At first I was quite excited at the thought of a Sunderland and then I read FCS. Oh dear, their Lancaster was never finnished and the Wellington's colour schemes were completely up the spout e.g. roundels in the wrong location wrong size wrong colour I think you get the picture. They seem to rush half decent models onto the market and then abandon them when not quite finnished. I will be extremely cautious with this one as even some of the reviews of the Lanc and Wellington were misleading and left me wondering if some of these experts actually knew what they were talking about.
    FCS - must try harder.

Their follow up is an issue, the Wellington has that VC issue where you can see the prop-spinner, but not the rest of the engines/wings - that has never been addressed.

The Lancaster at least took that on board and was better, but there has been no real follow up on any of the issues reported with that (well one patch, but it only tackled minor stuff).

If the Sunderland looks good out of the box then it will be worth getting, but if not I wouldn't expect them to improve it anytime after release.

I would like to get this and given the availability of Sunderlands in FSX I'd settle for Lancaster quality as that actually flies quite nicely.

Yep, as expected from FCS, all our fears are realized.

Have a look at this...

http://www.simshack.net/images/sunde...x-fs2004-9.jpg

No, its not a brick wall painted white and fitted with wings...this is supposed to be an aircraft.

Still, never mind eh ? More money for other things.

I know the write up on the website states that it is supposed to be a Sunderland Mk. III but that looks more like a Sunderland Mk. V.

Could anybody else confirm?

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

The last shot does indeed look like a brick wall to me. Who's going to stick their neck out and buy it so the rest of us can yey..or ney the opinions? Not seeing anyone post pictures thus far does not surprise me.

Fin's wrong for a Mark III, aerials are too short, top turrent is too big, and underwing blisters say Mk V, not Mk III. Not sure about this at all.

Hi Allcott,

Quote Originally Posted by allcott View Post
    Fin's wrong for a Mark III, aerials are too short, top turrent is too big, and underwing blisters say Mk V, not Mk III. Not sure about this at all.
    That's what I thought

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Wow, that looks terrible - I don't remember the Sunderland looking anything like that. The colours look wrong too, the camo green looks too light.

Think I'll save my money and get the Aerosoft Catalina instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyE1976 View Post
    Wow, that looks terrible - I don't remember the Sunderland looking anything like that. The colours look wrong too, the camo green looks too light.

Think I'll save my money and get the Aerosoft Catalina instead.
    And in that, you would be going from the ridiculous to the sublime. If you don't like the Aerosoft Catalina, you don't really like aeroplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Yep, as expected from FCS, all our fears are realized.

Have a look at this...

http://www.simshack.net/images/sunde...x-fs2004-9.jpg

Ow dear god! I havent seen a payware this bad since.... Ever!

Now, following my rule of critique (cant complain without giving helpfull advice) here is my helpfull advice to the people selling this.

#1, scrap the model. Its bad. No saving it.

#2, scrap the artist. They dont know aircraft

#3, scrap whoever said "Ya, this is good enough, lets sell it"

Back in FS95 or earlier, this may have been acceptable, but now? No. When I first saw this, alarms went off when the web page only had VERY SMALL pix. If your proud of your work, you show it off. That should of been everyones first clue. If your hard up for a good floater, get the Aerosoft Catalina. Its one of the best floaters on the market, if not THE best.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

And now you've heard, the rest....of the story

Ok, we get the point now. Anymore is sort of "piling on", isn't it?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Ok, we get the point now. Anymore is sort of "piling on", isn't it?
    Not really, PRB, any more than endless posts of 'OMG' and 'Awesome' is piling it on about a good product.

Okay, the opinions here are less than complementary but they are no less valid for that.

Besides which, some people may yet buy the Sunderland and leap to its defence ( cough). And this will be the thread in which to do it.