Milviz Updates 24 Oct 2010, T-38 Unveiling!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milviz Updates 24 Oct 2010, T-38 Unveiling!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries

Milviz Updates 24 Oct 2010, T-38 Unveiling!

Good evening all. Hopefully everyone had a good weekend. Mine was outstanding as I went to the NAS Jacksonville airshow yesterday. So other than the horrible traffic after the event (took almost 2 and a half hours to get out of there, yikes!) can't complain. An update on things going on at Milviz first before we get to the renders. The F-15E is still in coding and we haven't gotten a first alpha pass like we were hoping to a week or so ago. We remain hopeful to be able to show shots, and give an in depth update on that in the near future though. Others who keep up on the Nemeth's forums know the A-109 has been imported into the sim, and they are hard at work making it function like an A-109 should. No timeline at all on that one as they are hard at work laying basic framework at the moment. In the meantime since the 310 has been released I have been helping them test the SA-2 Samson (known to me just as the flying thing from Avatar). While I was apprehensive at first spending a few hours behind the pit it is very fun to fly. Also it does not do anything "supernatural" like I thought initially when it was unveiled. Look forward to maybe bringing an indepth preview, and systems showing once they give the approval. As for our own team though this is the fruits of their labor with the 310 completed. We will be bringing you both the T-38A and T-38C. These are the T-38A model renders, and the C will follow when the model is completed. You can expect them to be on par with the quality in the 310. I have also been working on my own projects (I know, scary huh?), and look forward to lifting the curtains on those once I am done going OCD on them. As always comments are welcome, and look forward to bringing updates as they become available. (There will be 12 renders in this thread, so if you read before I finish posting them all just refresh.)

Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Part 2!

Steve

amazing!

wow...simply beautiful

I have a flight sim hot button, and you just hit it...and an A model at that!

That is fantastic looking! However I bring bad news I take it everyone in the UK has heard about the A-109 crash in Ireland, cause still undetermined, apparently clear blue skies and no wind, Horrific, about 4 or 5 people died, just thought I'd let you know! If anyone can find out or hears more info please let us know!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    That is ashame about the A-109 crash. Will have to look out for information on that in the coming days. Always sad when we lose an aircraft, but it is even worse when lives are lost with it as they can never be replaced.
    Steve

WoW! Now you're talking! :salute:
    "Soon to be Expat"

Mamma Mia! :salute:
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    That is ashame about the A-109 crash. Will have to look out for information on that in the coming days. Always sad when we lose an aircraft, but it is even worse when lives are lost with it as they can never be replaced.
    Agreed just thought you'd like to know mate, I can imagine it was pilot error just because of the conditions and the fact the photo they showed on BBC1 was one of an imaculate helo and it was the very helicopter that crashed, it looked really nice, White with a blue trim. They were on there way to or from a game of golf when they crashed, eye witnesses said they saw a Helicopter in distress, thats all I know! Very sad!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Charter Member 2012
    Incredible modeling. How detailed will the FM be? The t-38 has a very distinctive approach to stall feel / buffet.

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm,Me Likes!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Thank you Milviz..... Thank you.
    :salute:

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Better believe we are going all out on the flight model for this one like the 310. We figured after the twin engine GA it would be good to depart in a totally different direction. You can expect things to go very similar to the 310 (hopefully without all the SP's though). We are going to push the limits of what we know is possible, and the paint kit and such will be released same day with it (hopefully a little earlier so everyone can get a head start).
    Steve

OMG!!!!

I just Wet Myself!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfly View Post
    Incredible modeling. How detailed will the FM be? The t-38 has a very distinctive approach to stall feel / buffet.
    The FM is already very much finished concering the 'normal' envelope and I was surprised during the development how easy she slips seriously onto the backside of the powercurve during approach.
    (In fact you ARE already slightly on the backside on final)
    Still have to do the severe wingrock upon stall etc. and post stall modelling.
    The rather unique stick/aileron deflection ratio has been incorporated as well.
    As a member of the AIAA I was able to buy quite a few very interesting and helpful documents concering the T-38 aerodynamics.
    Nevertheless I'm glad we have a real ex T-38 driver to check the FM so we are in a similar lucky position like with the C310!

Best regards

Bernt

will there be a Beale "BB" Paint for this purddy plane?...

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We do not have the release paints planned at the moment. That is Gunnar's department so he may have some idea. Like with the 310R we are going to be releasing the aircraft with a minimal amount of paints, but the paint kit will be released a few days prior/day of. So the community will be able to do with the aircraft what they wish. Our philosiphy is that it takes time (and essentially money) to create a lot of paints to release with the bird. So in order to keep the price point low, and save space on your hard drive we feel this is the best approach. I know my 150GB WD Raptor is getting packed with all the brids/repaints I have. I am sure Gunnar will be doing lots of post release re-paints for this as with the 310R though. Think he is doing every Songbird repaint ever on the 310. All I know is I wish I had that much motivation to texture aircraft.
    Steve

I like it! I like it a lot!

A Nice Paint

I too hope that some of these Paints will be Made Available for the T-38, I like the First 3 myself
    http://flickriver.com/groups/456206@...l/interesting/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whoooo. Shiny. Did they have a sale on reflection shaders? UGH! Post a proper clay render plz. Its hard to make out shapes with so much reflection. When ever I see chrome renders like this, I always think they hare hiding something. Make it shiny enough and people wont notice any errors.

But it does look good. :salute:
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    Whoooo. Shiny. Did they have a sale on reflection shaders? UGH! Post a proper clay render plz. Its hard to make out shapes with so much reflection. When ever I see chrome renders like this, I always think they hare hiding something. Make it shiny enough and people wont notice any errors.

I thought it had that shiney look from being hot off of the show room floor. Looks good to me.

Good going guys! Im really looking forevard to this one.

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post

Agreed, let's see a semi-matt specular shine.

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0