How many modify their scenery?

Thread: How many modify their scenery?

How many modify their scenery?

I know many of you modify your aircraft by grabbing gauges out of various CAB files to fix an older aircraft for FSX use; understanding you cannot upload your creation.

I was wondering how many do the equivalent thing with their scenery collection. Take the very best parts from various payware and freeware scenery and create your own, again realizing that you cannot upload it.

Regards, Mike Mann

YEAh... I do . I found some FEDX stuff that was pretty cool . Always on the look out for military theming .

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

Mostly airfields are modified (military parking spaces etc). I do not upload this scenery due to the fact i sometimes add actual situation realism (e.g., more then i'm willing to share. All unclassified, but IMHO still not releasable for the grand public).

Therefore i stick to (mostly fictional) aircraft repaints and an AI program here and there (download and try my AI Viper package and go to Nellis AFB to see a nice Dutch Air Force COMAO package go airborne).

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Most of the scenery I have is modified...I have Italy totally modified, it was a project that started as soon as I changed to FSX......

Yeah, I've done this before but none of those projects were ever completed in the first place.

For example my first ever use of 3DS Max was for a FSX rework of a FS9 scenery for EVRA. I redid the mesh and used the original author's textures, but just got the AFX file, terminal and tower complete and then I put further development on hold.
    Then there was EDDV. Again, started completely new buildings, used someone else's textures, made a photoreal ground and put everything on hold.
    Next, EDFM. Rework of a terribly resource hungry FSX scenery (800 texture files!!!!!!!). Got the terminal complete with, you guessed it, the original author's textures (combined on 2048² px sheets for better performance), but again, lacked the motivation to go on.

*Sigh*
    Maybe someday...

Nota bene: If those sceneries ever get done, I'll email the authors for permission to get those out to the public in whatever way (co-production, his name, my name, anonymously). If the author's e-mail is out of date, I'll credit him appropriately. If he sees my work and doesn't approve, he'll e-mail me and we will work something out.

What I want to say is: As long as it's not payware stuff you've used, emailing the original authors and politely asking for permission to release is not a crime! (It's just darn tedious. xP)

In a word, yes. I have modified many airfields and float plane bases in Maine & Eastern Canada. Only two have been made available to anyone else. I have long (since FS98) had a habit of modifying fields I use regularly.
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

Charter Member 2015
    Yes I do. Airfields around my home base KBTV, USAF Vermont.

David

Yep, places I live, used to live, or have visited.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

I do.

Glad to hear I am not the only one! The problem with Orbx PNW is that it broke a lot of older scenery addons.

With some knowledge and determination you can overcome the obstacles thrown up by Orbx and come up with some great looking (and performing) scenery!

Unfortunately many people don't seem to realize that you can't distribute what isn't yours (especially if the EULA specifically forbids it).

Regards, Mike Mann

Didn't quite escape.
    I just make my own from scratch... Using objects for which I have permission to distribute where my (generally abysmal) modelling skills let me down. Which reminds me, I hope no-one else has got to "my" lakes in FTX PNW - I'd hate to have to share my hidey-holes. :d

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    I just make my own from scratch... Using objects for which I have permission to distribute where my (generally abysmal) modelling skills let me down. Which reminds me, I hope no-one else has got to "my" lakes in FTX PNW - I'd hate to have to share my hidey-holes. :d

Ian P.
    I create my own objects from scratch as well. On the other hand if someone already has a nice model of the Victoria Parliament Buildings or of all the buildings at Qualicum Beach Airport, then why not use their objects in addition to mine (for my own use of coarse)?

Regards, Mike Mann

I do modify rather extensively or make one from scratch using sveral object libs (freeware or payware). Of course that's why I can't distribute them at all. But since I make this to meet my own taste it's nobody's loss anyway...
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

I do create my own and make most of them available on my site. Most of the models are done from scratch with a few default models thrown in.