'1972 Plymouth Satellite'

Thread: '1972 Plymouth Satellite'

'1972 Plymouth Satellite'

Charter Member 2016
    Ha ! I had one ! It was the very first new car I bought, $4100 in '72. Dark brown 2-door. Not a hot rod like the yellow one, mine had a sedate 318 cid.

I loved it !

"Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Same here, blue two door $3800 with 318. Don't believe I ever saw one dressed up before, looks good.

Those were the end of the muscle car era, or at least the original muscle car era. The Mustangs and Chargers of today can be pretty zippy.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Nice looking 1972 Satellite. Anymore photos of it Pamther? Interior, front and rear. Curious to see if it's got bucket seats and standard trans.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

There was a 72 Satellite running around my home town back when I was in high school. 440 Max Wedge that had been beefed to the nines. Didn't look all that great....cheap paint job, cheap wheels....but the owner put most of the money into the GO FAST stuff and what little was left over went into making it look "good". I once saw it carry the front wheels from stop sign to stop sign....major torque under that hood.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Same here, blue two door $3800 with 318. Don't believe I ever saw one dressed up before, looks good.

WHAT ?? I got screwed !! (but I loved it anyway - great car).

"Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful car! My favorite car of all time is a 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner (same car, but you have to love the meep meep horn!). Is such a shame they only made those style B-bodies from 71-74... Especially with the go wing, and air grabber hood nothing beats it in my mind. Unfortunately I was born about 30 years to late so I had to get a modern Hemi muslce car. I would give everything though for one of the originals.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    Beautiful car! My favorite car of all time is a 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner (same car, but you have to love the meep meep horn!). Is such a shame they only made those style B-bodies from 71-74... Especially with the go wing, and air grabber hood nothing beats it in my mind. Unfortunately I was born about 30 years to late so I had to get a modern Hemi muslce car. I would give everything though for one of the originals.
    Just head down to the Scottsdale Az Barrett Jackson auction in January. Originals are too expensive for most people but lately there are recreations that are affordable. The recreations are just a plain jane 2 dr hardtop with all the right stuff added to turn it into one of the muscle cars. The best part is you can drive it rather than locking it up like an original. It used to be that recreations were frowned on, but in todays world they are the in thing.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. I know about repro's as well. They are still far more expensive than my Dodge was new. I grew up in the 90's riding my bike down to the grocery store in SC to buy the latest issues of Mopar Muscle, and Mopar Action Magazine. I grew up with my dad telling me stories about when he was young and these cars were brand new on the lots how him and his brother used to go down there and watch the dealerships show the cars, and start them up. I think my car will eventually wind up being the Plymouth Bevedere (wagon of course)of my generation. Being 1 of 378 built it has potential to become a classic. At least I can drive it though and not feel guilty, and with the 6 year/100,000 mile warranty I can have some fun with it. I just worry like with the originals parts availability will be an issue in the future. Is as close as I am ever going to get.

Can kind of see the Hemi orange engine block (it came like that from the factory, at some point I am going to remove the intake and paint it Hemi orange to match the rest of the block)
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Nice looking 1972 Satellite. Anymore photos of it Pamther? Interior, front and rear. Curious to see if it's got bucket seats and standard trans.
    GT182,
    I've got a couple of photos but none of the interior....