Vancouver Island Scenery Poll Results

Thread: Vancouver Island Scenery Poll Results

Vancouver Island Scenery Poll Results

First I want to thank everyone who took the time to participate in the Poll: How do you fly the Pacific Northwest?

Oddly it was a comment made in another thread that made me come to the conclusion I did. Ian P. said (partial quote regarding scenery) "Therefore I do them for me, where I want, when I want."

He is right. I have been trying to please other people and not doing the scenery project as I myself would use. I am therefore only going to do this project for myself and will not be uploading it.

Again to everyone who took the time to comment on my project (positive or negative), I truly thank you!

Regards, Mike Mann

I don't think you'll EVER have a shortage of opinions here at the outhouse!

I don´t quite follow you, why the quote was really the main reason for not publishing your sceneries. Everyone´s "needs" can´t be fullfilled, but I´m sure there a many people who´d enjoy good scenery packages that you´ve created for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mmann View Post
    First I want to thank everyone who took the time to participate in the Poll: How do you fly the Pacific Northwest?

Oddly it was a comment made in another thread that made me come to the conclusion I did. Ian P. said (partial quote regarding scenery) "Therefore I do them for me, where I want, when I want."

He is right. I have been trying to please other people and not doing the scenery project as I myself would use. I am therefore only going to do this project for myself and will not be uploading it.

Again to everyone who took the time to comment on my project (positive or negative), I truly thank you!

Regards, Mike Mann
    Good for you......I do scenery, flights and Missions I Like!!!!!! if someone likes them too good for them, if not...too bad for them!!!!...do your thing for yourself and enjoy your stuff and forget who likes it or not.....and if you don´t feel like uploading don´t, but never!!!! never!!!!! let anyone see you sweat man!!!!!!.......

I don't get it.

Why go through all the trouble of asking people what they think if you're only building it for your own use, at which point it doesn't matter what they think.

Yea, that´s like fishing with turtle eggs........never byte.

Entirely up to you, of course, but why not upload it? Even if only few folks use it, it would be good to have some other scenerys for the area. I would definitly be interested.

Cheers,
    Fritz

Didn't quite escape.
    I have to say, that was far from my intention when I posted what I did... All I was trying to say is that I make what I want and upload it - if people like it, they're welcome to use it. If they don't, they're welcome to delete it.

I know a few people like the stuff I create, so I upload it for them to use. While I can understand why you might feel like that, the way I look at it is that if I want what I do, the chances are someone else will too and it costs me nothing to make available what I have already created. If someone else downloads it and uses it, it still doesn't cost me anything, really, and nor does it cost me anything if they don't.

I don't expect anything from anyone and as a result, they get what I produce or, if they suggest something and I can do it, I may well do so. I just found that trying to do anything else was a lot of stress for next to no return, so that's the way it is. I still don't get the return, but nor do I get the stress of trying to please anyone but little old me!

It might be worth looking at it this way - if you release them and get a single message of thanks or support, that's 100% more than you'll get if you don't.

Ian P.

There have been people that criticize my sceneries too. It's been said that they are way ahead of me. That may be true. But the reasion I don't do photoreal is the fact that the source doesn't want you to "steal" their work. I don't like it when someone steals my work so I don't do photoreal. I was just trying to help that persion to do his scenery and he had a problem and I knew how to solve it. I was told that I don't know what I'm doing. That's fine ...... I may not, but what he was doing I did because I have done it.
    Now I can't upload scenery here and several other places and that's OK too. I'm still the only person doing scenery with ambiant sounds. I'm still doing sceneries but the only people that enjoy them is my friends. I still would like to share but that's OK ........ If none wants to use them that's OK.
    I'm sorry to get on my soapbox about this but one person is not the whole forum.
    If I'm wrong ..... let me know .................
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Members who have read this thread: 0