Flight Simulator Weekend in the Netherlands

Thread: Flight Simulator Weekend in the Netherlands

Flight Simulator Weekend in the Netherlands

Hi All,

In 1 month time we will have the International Flightsimulator Weekend in the Dutch National Aviation Themepark and Museum Aviodrome.

This huge event will be held November 6 & 7th at the aerodrome museum Aviodrome at Lelystad Airport. Many exhibitors will showcase all about flight simulation. This event is for everybody who has interest in flight simulation of all kinds from scale hardware cockpits, cockpit builders, software developers, online FS networks to military squadrons. Enthousiastic attendees will share there experiences. Don't miss FS weekend 2010. Checkout the exhibitors list.

Attachment 20661

More info on http://fsweekend.com/

I will be there, with our friends Ferror and Uhu Fledermaus, manning the Douglas DC2 stand.
    We might have a surprise for you.

It's not only for the Dutchies, in previous years I spoke with people from the UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Switserland and Austria, and maybe I forgot some countries ;-)
    Fliger747 payed a visit last year, and maybe TimHH will drop by this year.
    So come around and have a chat with us .

See you then,

Rob Cappers

PS, I'll bump this post a few times the coming month, if you don't mind.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

I wish I could get there, it looks very good indeed. There was a flight sim exhibition at Duxford's September air show which, though small, was very enjoyable, and I hope it becomes a regular feature. Certainly it took a fair slice off my bank account.

All the best with it Rob, and all the other exhibitors too.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    We might have a surprise for you.
    We do...?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Exclamation Preview

Hi, me and two friends are on display with the F-104 Starfighter cokpit at Lelystad next month.
    here are some teasers.....

Hope to see you there!

Douwe_Jan

Great work!!! congratulations......

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    We do...?
    Make that 2 surprises , and Douwe Jan, that looks great, is it linked to FS?

R.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Just a gentle reminder that the event starts tomorrow at 10:00!

See you there, and don't forget your discount coupon available at http://www.fsweekend.com/

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I fear I will be able to make it this year, but I wish you guys lots of fun!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Videre Vincere Est
    Cannot make it, suffer from severe jaw infection and have to take it eazy (heavy medications).
    Enjoy the weekend.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

It is a great event and I felt very lucky to be able to attend and not only see the great events and meet the participants, but also to finally meet memebers of the DC2 Project and see the aircraft, which is again flying.

Really worthwhile, and amazing how far some of the enthuisasts have taken their cockpit simulations!

Cheers: T

Yeah guys,

Hope to see a few of you overthere.
    It will be a DC2-ORBX show.
    Pitty some of you can't make it, but we'll see you at the MLM in 2 weeks ;-)

And indeed, Tom, it was very nice meeting you there!

Best, Rob
    No DC3 without the DC2

A quick photo impression of a good weekend, although not as busy as it was the previous years.

Our neighbours from onlinesim.org who turned their stand into a nice meeting place; my own computer is in front:

The UK crew of Flight1 also had a stand in the same hall we were in; very friendly chaps!:

Wolter behind his computer:

Plenty of home-built set-ups, some people are quite creative!:

The main exhibit hall, filled with aicraft and computers:

Home-made fighter pit:

Another one:

The upper floor:

Plenty of visitors, computers and aircraft!:

Mathijs Kok from Aerosoft flying around in Rise of Flight at his stand:

At the end of a long weekend, as the sun goes down on sunday evening:

Videre Vincere Est

Nice photo-report there, Ferry.
    To bad i could not make it. Still suffering from Jaw-infection, though treated.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

did you try out the paccus hydraulic force feedback joystick . im really interested in it.

Never heard of Paccus to be honest, and I only did a few quick rounds of the museum to have a look and take a few photos. Most of the time I spent at our own stand.

I wish i could have been there....... sadly New Zealand is not a road trip away from Holland :
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SADT View Post
    sadly New Zealand is not a road trip away from Holland :
    That's a bit too far indeed! It was good to see people from Germany, Belgium and the UK at the event, and possibly other nationalities as well.

Some 'virtual impressions' from the event; I always keep a screenshot program running just in case! Two days of mostly DC-2 flying, over the PNW and the NL2000v4 scenery. There's rather big news about the DC-2 but I'll let Rob explain!

This year's 'souvenir' for me is the Flight1 boxset of the Flight Replicas Me-262; all three packs on a disk for only €20! I bought the Fs9 package when it came out but never got round to buying the two FsX packages.

Got some good tips from Wolter (Who is also involved in FTX/Orbx/REX testing) on tweaking FsX so I'm working on improving my FsX. First results look promising!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    There's rather big news about the DC-2 but I'll let Rob explain!
    I'll keep up the suspense for a while.
    Thanks Ferry and Wolter for their help this weekend. We had a great time!

Cheers, Rob
    No DC3 without the DC2