DCS A-10C Prerelease Beta.........RELEASED!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DCS A-10C Prerelease Beta.........RELEASED!!!!

According to what I saw on ED forums, you have to tick 32bit binaries during installation, and then you'll have four desktop icons - 32bit and 64bit for single and multiplayer.

I haven't bought Warthog yet, and I'd love to fly both Iris and DCS

Couple quick questions from a owner of all their previos releases.

Is this beta complete enough to learn the systems? Is there a manual,pdf ect? The full releases are tough enough to absorb and I do not want to torture myself with bits and pieces.
    And the million $$ question. About how far is the full release out? Weeks, months.... Thanks

JimJam,Release for Final Download version is slated before the end of the yr,There are training missions[guided voice in cockpit w/t you to teach different aircraft systems.

The Manual is very in depth 600+ pgs and is available for download here.......
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yfilpl8nt0cve90

Also,a sample of training Engine Start from the Sim.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

I have noticed during the training missions, that there are times the voice over hasn't finished the previous statement before moving onto the next. I think I am clicking the highlighted switches too fast. Having said that though, I really like the highlighted switches for the tutorials, instead of hunting for them.

The headache has begun.

I bought the beta and now trying to download the parts.
    A window pops up asking for my username and password. Nothing seems to make it happy.
    Ive tried my username and for the password my,,uummm password, Ive tried my serial and order number.

What is entered in the username and password blanks? The ones I created to open the account and pay for the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    The headache has begun.

I bought the beta and now trying to download the parts.
    A window pops up asking for my username and password. Nothing seems to make it happy.
    Ive tried my username and for the password my,,uummm password, Ive tried my serial and order number.

What is entered in the username and password blanks? The ones I created to open the account and pay for the beta?
    This happens when the server is Overloaded[Happened to me Aswell] You won't have to enter anything once you get a connection,People have said they get better results using the torrent option.
    It took me over 5hr w/t broadband connection,It's over 4Gigs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

I know the idea is you're not meant to crash the plane, but I just ejected at 50 feet as i was certain the aircraft was about to hit terra firma, and the aircraft touched the ground skidded bounced back into the air and then pitched up and then plummted straight into the ground.

I've never seen flight modelling fidelity like that in a game before!!

Plus the shrapnel and close promity bomb blast peppers your fuselage with bump mapped holes!!

FPS is fantastic on my Win7 64 bit system.

This is the future of Combat sims!

Ok so you enter your username and password you created when you registered?

ps

Ok got it going. If you are easily frustrated this is just a test for the sim to see if you can cut it!!!!!!
    In my case I use DAP a download accelerator and I got 2 files dling at once. But it alway dropped one incomplete and when I try to resume it I get the enter password popup. I have 2 complete and best I can tell you can only download one at a time. My avg speed is around 600 kb or so.

Charter Member 2011
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

By the way the graphics look pretty good.

What sort of system does one need to run this baby?

Will my aging AMD6000/8800GT 4GB ram run this thing well? Or are we talking core i7 930 overclocked to 4Ghz + GTX480 style?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I use an i7 920 2.67Ghz with 6Gb RAM. Windows Vista 64. It seems so far to have very very few stutters - and apparently the sim is yet to be optimized.

Quad 9650@3Ghz 8gigs ram GTX260,Vista 64, I'm using Medium/High settings and it's very,very smooth,but I haven't got into intense combat yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
    but I haven't got into intense combat yet.
    Me neither, too scared!

Like the tooltips! Today I learned that you can nearly float on the water, I managed to rip the nosewheel tire off during fast runway manuevering - like the spark effects.

Got the new AI F-15E up into the air in the editor, she looks great, love the spec effects on the paint jobs!

I'm really enjoying it so far, though it's more than a bit daunting in the complexity department. It definitely gives a new spin on the term "study sim", which in my case seems to mean a lot more studying than simming, haha. The in-game tutorials are really well done, though sadly unfinished at this point. I'm sure they'll be a big help in the end product.

The FPS is generally pretty good but strangely variable. At times it seems to dive a bit low for no obvious reason, but as they've said the engine is far from optimized at this point.

The gunnery is really really satisfying and a good challenge. Achieving lock-on with mavericks, however, feels like threading a needle with 10 gauge steel cable at the moment, and I have yet to hit anything but earth with a GBU, but it's still good fun!

The flight model is particularly good, heavy and with a nice organic feel, and with very realistic stall behaviour. It's not at all stiff feeling like Lomac was. The stick is pretty sensitive with default settings but that's easily cured with some fiddling in the calibration options.

-Mike

I think this simulation is probably going to drag me away from FSX - it's so much more pleasing on the eye, and so much more realistic - it's quite amazing how dated FSX was even when it was released, let alone now when we can feast our eyes on this!

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    I think this simulation is probably going to drag me away from FSX - it's so much more pleasing on the eye, and so much more realistic - it's quite amazing how dated FSX was even when it was released, let alone now when we can feast our eyes on this!
    Exactly my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    I use an i7 920 2.67Ghz with 6Gb RAM. Windows Vista 64. It seems so far to have very very few stutters - and apparently the sim is yet to be optimized.
    And what video card? You guys with i7's and GTX260 are running on medium - I'm guessing my system won't run it.

Maybe my dad's will though...

Ive been trying lomac again -it has waaay too many bugs on vista x64. Sigh
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post

The FPS is generally pretty good but strangely variable. At times it seems to dive a bit low for no obvious reason, but as they've said the engine is far from optimized at this point

-Mike
    I've noticed this too. I still can't figure out why it drops to single digits sometimes with nothing really going on.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    And what video card? You guys with i7's and GTX260 are running on medium - I'm guessing my system won't run it.

Maybe my dad's will though...

Ive been trying lomac again -it has waaay too many bugs on vista x64. Sigh
    Sorry GTX 285 card.

Has anyone tried creating a quick mission in mission editor and set the time of day to 18.00 hrs with some cloud - talk about atmospheric!!

Still struggling to work out how to target things for precision weapons though lol

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
    @Gibbage There is a "Game" mode for the A-10C but it looks REAL ARCADISH!! You can start engines w/t simple key commands simular to CTL/E.Also you can start on ramp w/t engines running.
    Thanks. Thats one of the biggest problems I have with almost any flight sim, in that there is NO middle ground. Its full real, or arcade! IL2 was like that alot in that there is a huge leap from arcade into full with no real buffer zone to ease you into it. People who are not totally stubbern like me tend to get scared off when they try to make that jump. WWII aircraft are a LOT less complex then a modern jet!!!! The MFD alone takes more time to learn then proper pitch/mixture controle on a P-51. Then you have the weapons system, and keeping an eye on all those gauges in combat? Makes my head dizzy. I just wish there was a semi-sim mode that took care of the little things, but kept the flight model and weapons model realistic. That way I can have fun, be challanged, and not need to learn a new vocation!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

JTAC in DCS:

[YOUTUBE]VySAvTZOVUI[/YOUTUBE]

wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
    Exactly my thoughts.
    I havn't flown flight sim since this came out...except tonight when I tried the new Iris update for their A-10A...it's just not the same anymore

DCS has raised the bar

Diego

I haven't touched FSX since this hit my PC,I probably won't until FTX Pacific Fjords or Vertigo Studios F9F Panther come out.I'm amazed how smooth and stutter free it is now in Beta!!!
    Just imagine how it will run when optimized!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Ok. That does it!!! Somehow I gotta figure out a way to buy this thing this weekend

Darrell

I really think this game is revolutionary, for me the start up procedure (its about as far as I've got with learning anything) is just an incredible experience - hearing the APU fire up, the little dip in the APU noise as you start an engine spooling.

The sun is incredibly realistic, the water is the best I've seen, the cities are great, the power cables - well you can fly through them or slice them with your wings and get sparked. For the switch junkies out there, this will definately satisfy your needs!!

Members who have read this thread: 0