IRIS Platinum Series A-10A Warthog Released!! - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314

Thread: IRIS Platinum Series A-10A Warthog Released!!

2 positions. full flaps at 20 degrees for landing, and take off and manuvering at 7 degrees but they should auto retract between 185 and 210 knots.

ma ho l'indicatore fino a 30°...

but I have the indicator up to 30 ° ...

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Great photo

highflyingbean
    Would really love to see some realistic Barksdale paint schemes, they have head several great versions of the boar's head/teeth. 917th wing 47th Fighter SQ. Great group of guys and pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by highflyingbean View Post
    Would really love to see some realistic Barksdale paint schemes, they have head several great versions of the boar's head/teeth. 917th wing 47th Fighter SQ. Great group of guys and pilots.

They will eventually be done.....I am working on artwork for a package of paints to be put out.

Why are the switches not clickable in the Wide Cockpit camera definition? Is there a better manual available than the one that ships with the Pro version? I find it really hard to identify the various switches and to determine what each does.Thanks, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    They will eventually be done.....I am working on artwork for a package of paints to be put out.
    Is there an early 23TFW Sharkmouth?

If not, do you know of any available?

Thanks,

Gene K

I've been flying the A-10 for a couple weeks. Love the details, framerates, but have some questions about the HUD and autopilot. The Iris forums are currently closed, so maybe someone here can help:

AUTOPILOT

1. Is it possible to set or adjust altitude hold? It seems to be fixed at whatever altitude you happen to be at when the autopilot is switched on.

HUD

2. Is there a way to switch from barometric altimeter to radar altimeter? I see the switch on the front left panel, but can't budge it over to radar.

3. What are the numbers to the left and right of the compass tape: 333 and 0? I'm guessing they should be OBI/course and heading bug, respectively, but when you change either of these, the corresponding HUD numbers don't update.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

With regard to altitude, it seems to me FSX remembers the last setting from the last flight. More often than not, I use keyboard shortcuts. So, when I set alt hold with the kb, I hit CTRL Z three times. The first time turns it on, and the aircraft heads for a different alt, then you turn it off, then turn it back on and it holds the alt you're at. I don't know what's going on, but that always works for me.

A helpful thread for those flying this great bird.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.