IRIS Platinum Series A-10A Warthog Released!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: IRIS Platinum Series A-10A Warthog Released!!

Glad to hear adjustments to the performance planned. I'm thinking in a high G turn she (RW A-10) will lose airspeed quickly...I cannot recall exactly but for some reason I am thinking nearly 60 kts per second. And turn rate of more than 15 degrees/sec...I'm thinking close to 23 or slightly more.

Cheers!!

**Second thought...Maybe it is 60 kts loss per 30 degrees of change in heading at Max Turn Rate. ???

Thanks for this wonderful aircraft David!

This is the first IRIS aircraft I've ever purchased for MSFS, and I must say I'm very satisfied! I'm a huge fan of the A-10, and after seeing this thing develop over time, I have to say its totally met my expectations. Well done, and thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob.sc View Post
    Glad to hear adjustments to the performance planned. I'm thinking in a high G turn she (RW A-10) will lose airspeed quickly...I cannot recall exactly but for some reason I am thinking nearly 60 kts per second. And turn rate of more than 15 degrees/sec...I'm thinking close to 23 or slightly more.

Cheers!!

**Second thought...Maybe it is 60 kts loss per 30 degrees of change in heading at Max Turn Rate. ???
    Go back one page and read the post by "piperarcherpilot", he has a reply from an A-10 pilot which answers that question.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Dave,

I can't seem to get the NVG to come on, and also, how do you turn on slime lights?

She's an awesome bird!

john

Thanks for posting those shots piper mate!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

I think David has gone to bed, I am about to go as well for the night, if there is any dramas just lodge a ticket with FSS and I will tend to it in about 6 hours from now, maybe a little later but when I wake up tomorrow hehehe
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

This plane is unbelievable ! I never had so much fun flying fsx at night ! Can someone tell me please how I get the Display at the panel to work (see below) ?

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Dave,

I can't seem to get the NVG to come on, and also, how do you turn on slime lights?

She's an awesome bird!

john
    Before the missus catches me...

Slime lights are controlled by the formation lights knob, located on the rear right console.

NVG is turned on by the blank knob on the forward left console. The NVG is in the manual for further info. The NVG only works at nighttime, not day, dawn or dusk.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    This plane is unbelievable ! I never had so much fun flying fsx at night ! Can someone tell me please how I get the Display at the panel to work (see below) ?
    Easy one for the night.

The TV console is turned on by the TV power switch located on the left hand console. Once powered you can alter the colour of the display using the contrast & brightness knobs.

Glad you're enjoy her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks David - thats quick - and yes, I enjoy her very much (my wife looking a little bit jealous :mixedsmi

Smudge....here are a couple loadout requests if you are gonna do an update.....

1. note the 2 different Mav's IR and TV guided Attachment 20411

2. 2 mav's, 2 ter's, and sidewinders Attachment 20412

3. 2 baggage pods and centerline tank Attachment 20413

Oh my...

This must have gone on sale just after I went to bed last night. Downloaded straight away (usual pacing about from Flightsimstore download speed - but hey, what did we all do before the interweb?) then got dragged out by the other half. Just finished an hour and a half fly around - couldn't get out of it!

During the end of my school years I lived a few miles from RAF Bentwaters in the UK and we had these things flying about all the time. God this takes me back. I agree with the comments earlier about the whine - its not quite loud enough from outside (obviously I cannot comment on the inside) and she does seem a bit quick, 300kts comes up easily on takeoff or go-around and I'm not using all the throttle. Was in clean config though. Don't have any problem with the speed bleed off in turns, just make the jockey grunt all the way round and she seems fine. My only problem is directional twitchiness at low speed. This was with a cross wind and I was a bit slow but its like trying to drive on sheet ice.

I'd just like to say, after all the discussion about the 'expected' price that I was very pleasantly surprised at the end one. It looked a good deal at the expected $50 AUD, but I think its a steal at 45! Graphically as good as any of the top stuff from the last couple of years and the comments about FPS performance are spot on with me - just like default but you get all the added candy too!

By the way, if anyone wants some very nice scenery of an A-10 base - head to http://www.airfieldconstructiongroup.org They have a great Bentwaters and Woodbridge freeware with AI A-10's buzzing about. You will need to register, but its all free.

Finally - great job all at IRIS. First product of your's I've bought and its VERY impressive. Deserves to sell in droves...

Now I've got another excuse to blow 300 on that new Warthog stick set!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teeboy View Post

she does seem a bit quick, 300kts comes up easily on takeoff or go-around and I'm not using all the throttle.
    I can Fix that
    let me get a cup of coffee in me and wake up and i'll pull up the hawg and my data and set that right for ya today.. In Fact..
    David?? I'll go ahead and email him a corrected FDE and catch you tonight to get you the same FDe to post on the site.
    My apologies to all for having let that slip by..
    Pam

Sorry if I missed the obvious but where is the full manual?
    I played around with the radio trying to shoot a ILS with no luck. Think I saw the loc go active but no gs.
    Also do not shoot me but...... If the tv is just for looks with no function I would like to have it be used as a gps. On of the F-16s I have someone made a edit that turned one of the mfds into a gps. With no tagets to kill at least having a moving map would be nice. Maybe someone good with panel edits could do that. I would be a happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by teeboy View Post
    Oh my...

By the way, if anyone wants some very nice scenery of an A-10 base - head to http://www.airfieldconstructiongroup.org They have a great Bentwaters and Woodbridge freeware with AI A-10's buzzing about. You will need to register, but its all free.
    Actually, this is available on Flightsim.com and/or Avsim....

But I could NOT get it to add on in the add on scenery library.

Kent

***Figured it out-- Win7 requires a bit different technique to load scenery!!!****

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Go back one page and read the post by "piperarcherpilot", he has a reply from an A-10 pilot which answers that question.
    Well sort of. He makes a remark about the typical Airspeeds we should see and that the sustained rate is about 15 or better. But doesn't tell us how much A/S loss in sustained or instantaneous turns.
    **Sustained rate turn will be in the neighborhood of 2 to 3.5 G & around 200-290 kts** (plz verify)
    Instantaneous rate...more speed the better. (450/Mach .75 max)

Need to shoot these questions back to the A-10 SME.

One of the finest planes i bought for FSX

Was now over 3 hours with the hog in the desert around Tucson. Great work IRIS. You did good and a fine plane found the way to FSX. :salute:

Cockpitglass is to much tinted for me, as others reported, too. Would be kind if you bring up some additional glass. :-)

More Loadouts would be very appreciated. Like to see more Mavericks and maybe Rockeyes or Hydras

I think the soundfile for the Flaps is missing? In the sound cfg is a file named but its not in the sound folder.

Overall the plane looks a little bit to agile in some situations like turning for example. But i like that. If a overworked file comes up i will give it a try for sure.

Thanks again to David and the IRIS team. I like your work since i bought the Tomcat and im happy to see whats comming next from you.

Cheers

Smile

Thanks you so much David, for this awesome aircraft !
    I enjoy her very much

A request: An Audible Stall Warning/Maneuvering Tone? Would this be difficult to add in a future patch?? (A feature in the real A-10)

It is a 600 hz Steady (maneuvering) and a 600 hz chopped tone just above stall AOA. If interested in more data let me know.

Cheers

Blog Entries
    heh.. I'd like to know the turn rate as well. its not easy data to comr up with and i made my best geusstimate, but would be very happy to change it if i has the exact data..

Quote Originally Posted by Bob.sc View Post
    A request: An Audible Stall Warning/Maneuvering Tone? Would this be difficult to add in a future patch?? (A feature in the real A-10)

It is a 600 hz Steady (maneuvering) and a 600 hz chopped tone just above stall AOA. If interested in more data let me know.

Cheers
    The steady tone is there, but not the chopped deeee dedededededededede one

Very nice job on the A10 guys and gals :salute:

Taken her for a few laps around the Mach Loop scaring the sheep, great fun!

Handles very nicely. Night vision effect is a good touch.

Well,I have succumbed(I knew I would! Just wish the d/l rate was faster out here in the sticks!)

Am I right in thinking there are a set of fixed loadouts for each livery?Or is there a load manager liek the Bearcat or A2A Jug for example?

Cant wait for this baby-as a young 'un in the ATC I went to RAF Bentwaters for a day & we got to crawl all over these birds, courtesy of some nice USAF chaps. I knew all about it when I had to take Aircraft recognition classes

The steady tone is there, but not the chopped deeee dedededededededede one
    I've only had a quick flight so far, but I think you'll find both tones are there if you pull hard enough.

Members who have read this thread: 7