Any DirecTV subscribers here?

Thread: Any DirecTV subscribers here?

Any DirecTV subscribers here?

Are you happy with them? How would you rate their level of service?

Reason I'm asking is we have Dish Network and they're apparently in a pi$$ing contest with Fox Networks over rate increases, and as a result we've lost Nat Geo and several sports channels.

I've read both sides version of what is happening and quite frankly am having trouble believing bits and pieces of Fox Network's AND Dish Network's stories. I 'm sure there is some merit to each side's statements, but I also know Dish Network is no angel either

Long story short, my wife and I will be cancelling our service and moving to DirecTV soon if this mess isn't worked out and if I hear good things about them.

Darrell

I have DirectTV, and although I am happy with their service.

I used to have DISH, but told them to go pound sand. Had a subscription with them since 1997, but due to a disagreement concerning transferring account ownership, I ended their service immediately.

I rarely watch tv period though. My ex father in law watches it all day long (he's 87); but Netflix is what I usually watch...at night.

NC

Thanks for the input! DirecTV does have some mighty attractive prices right now plus free HD for life (at least that's what they're saying anyway) and offering "free" HD receivers and DVR's.

Everytime we've called Dish Network about their HD packages we're told we need to buy a $150.00 receiver, sorry but that's not gonna happen!

Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by hews500d View Post
    Thanks for the input! DirecTV does have some mighty attractive prices right now plus free HD for life (at least that's what they're saying anyway) and offering "free" HD receivers and DVR's.

Everytime we've called Dish Network about their HD packages we're told we need to buy a $150.00 receiver, sorry but that's not gonna happen!

Darrell
    DISH network has let customer satisfaction go by the wayside. Although they are a huge conglomerate, just like DirectTV, at least the latter is making an effort to please their customers.

Leastwise, that's how it appears to me.

DISH can go to h...., as far as I am concerned.

NC

i have directv and am very happy..i allways get good service ( sure you have to wait on the phone,everyone does,,,but go to www.gethuman.com and its faster) but as far as getting a service person out..its never a long wait..one time i had to wait 8 days and that was at the xmas holiday times,and they were just flat busy..guy was supposed to come thrusday between 8am and noon...he called me at 8pm wends and asked if he could come then as he was at the top of the hill with another customer.......it was pouring rain and cold too..i made the guy a cup of hot chocolate....wont go anyfarther with that...but i will say he and i were "friends" for a long while...lol...but back to dierctv.....im very happy with my service and the cost...have free starz this weekend

We had DirecTV for years. Was real happy with the service. We got to the point where the cost just wasn't feasible for what we liked to watch. So we canceled it.
    ....Six years later and after enjoying not having the TV on 24/7 the wife decides she wants TV back. She called them and tried to get their service once again. We got told that we had to pay a fee of $400.00+ for the equipment. I took the phone and told them to get stuffed. I use a local provider now.