Project Airbus FSX A380 is out

Thread: Project Airbus FSX A380 is out

Project Airbus FSX A380 is out

Not sure if this is common knowledge, not seen any threads on it, but Project Airbus have now released an FSX version that can use the VC from Thomas Ruth's A340. Had a go last night and very impressed.

See here:
    http://www.pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=631

For instructions on how to merge the A340 cockpit, see here:
    http://flightsim.co.nz/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=193

Tom Ruth is my new personal hero. Models airliners, converts airliners, shares my views on matters regarding FSX...

(I'm waiting for the proper VC before installing the A380 'though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    (I'm waiting for the proper VC before installing the A380 'though.)
    The posts in the thread imply that they used the interior model for a virtual cabin and they recommend Tom's A340 VC to be merged with this plane.
    Are you sure they are doing a VC for the A380 at all?
    BTW has Tom joined PA?
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

I got it and merged Tom's A340 and it works great. Hopefully Tom or someone may build a proper VC for it later. The model is most excellent and flies very well especially with Easy Fly by Wire running.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Are you sure they are doing a VC for the A380 at all?
    http://www.pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=511

BTW has Tom joined PA?
    No, he's still freelance and spending most of his time doing the 727 series.

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    Hopefully Tom or someone may build a proper VC for it later.
    See the link above.

I'm crossing my fingers for an eventual A32x VC. The default one just doesn't sit right when merged with PA's models.

Great news!

I'm crossing my fingers for an eventual A32x VC. The default one just doesn't sit right when merged with PA's models.
    I agree. Was just using it an hour ago. There are things that do not line up properly. Having sat in the real thing and ran through the full simulator, it's a step backwards for sure. For now it will do but hopefully a proper one will come about.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    I agree. Was just using it an hour ago. There are things that do not line up properly. Having sat in the real thing and ran through the full simulator, it's a step backwards for sure. For now it will do but hopefully a proper one will come about.
    Someday, someday, someday I'll take care of the problem if no one else does. It isn't even that hard, just time consuming.
    Get your hands on the original mesh, retexture it with the original textures, redo all the animations, export and off you go.

I wish ACES had released FSX's source files...this would make things soooooo much easier when it comes to fixing and altering default models. :|

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Radar Contact A-318 thru A-320 FSX native Project Airbus
    <table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left">Category: Flight Simulator X - Original Aircraft </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="*"> Airbus A318, A319, A320 FSX Models </td> <td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td width="*"> File Description:
    These are the FSX-native models for the Project Airbus Airbus A318, A319 and A320.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" width="50%"><tbody><tr> <td width="25%">Filename:</td> <td width="75%">pa32x_fsx_models.zip</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">License:</td> <td width="75%">Freeware, limited distribution</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Added:</td> <td width="75%">21st September 2010</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Downloads:</td> <td width="75%">5761</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Author:</td> <td width="75%">Project Airbus</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Size:</td> <td width="75%">5341kb</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Scan result on A-318
    MDLX .mdl files:

\A318_100_CFM_NoVC.mdl

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 2