My Wonkie Wyvern !!

Thread: My Wonkie Wyvern !!

My Wonkie Wyvern !!

Finally jumped from FS-9 and installed FS-X. !... have loaded Nazca Studies' super-looking Westland Wyvern for FSX and for some unknown reason I keep getting an anomoly of a "headless-pilot-torsol" riding on the tail..! Anyone else encounter this problem?..and if so
    ..any recommendations? Puzzled!!

Walt
    Fly High..Punch Holes in the Sky

Just a guess but make sure you have 'Advanced Animations' checked on the 'Settings/Customize/Graphics' tab. I have heard of other strange things happening like that when the box is unchecked.
    Larry

Wonkie Wyvern-2

Eurika!! Eh!
    Took your advise there Tako-Kichi...my 'advance' setting was checked ...so I un-checked it and the unwanted 'back-seater' is now gone..Great! Thanks alot for the Heads-Up!

Walt
    Fly High...Punch Holes in the Sky

Well that's odd as the anomalies normally show up when the box is un-checked!

You may well find that other aircraft will now have 'issues' as they need that box to be checked.

At least you now know how to fix them but may have to toggle that setting on/off depending on which aircraft you fly.
    Larry

Wonkie Wyvern-3

Thought it odd as well..so tested "on-off" several times to be sure. Will watch for any other A/C's that start showing signs of 'graphics-fatigue' but so far only the Wyvern seems to be affected.
    After so many years with a smooth-running FS-9 system one gets spoiled......but in time will have FS-X just a 'purrin'. Thanks again for your help T_K.!

Walt
    Fly High...Punch Holes in the Sky

Rubberlegs, you could look here there are a few other bits re Wyvern fixes and is probably the best place for answers, the answer to your problem is covered there

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Flying_S...ying_Stations/

Rich

Rubberlegs, if you have acceleration and do carrier landings you will find the Wyvern has a noseover on catching a wire something we had no cure for when released but after a lot of experimenting I found a fix, open your aircraft.cfg in note pad, find the [tailhook] section and replace it with this one.

[tailhook]
    tailhook_length = 5.0
    tailhook_position = -21.0, 0.0, -1.0
    cable_force_adjust=6.0

in your [lights] section add this line under the last entry there it will put a green light on the deck just behind the prop when you switch the lights on, this is the hook up point for cat launch, it will look odd I know but when you are happy you know where that point is you can delete that line.

light.4 = 3, 9.423, 0.0, -8.42, fx_navgre // cat hookup point

In my pedantic luddite "I'm not using FSX" stance, can I suggest that this thread is in the wrong forum?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    In my pedantic luddite "I'm not using FSX" stance, can I suggest that this thread is in the wrong forum?
    Yes you can!

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 0