Great little Utility program-Banking Camera..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great little Utility program-Banking Camera..

Great little Utility program-Banking Camera..

Found this on Simviation in the Utilities section:
    Banking Camera ver 1.0
    262.09kb (1254 downloads)
    Automatically banks the camera view as you bank the aircraft - enables you to 'look where you're going' without having to pan around using the HatSwitch. As you roll wings level, the camera banks level again. It's almost like a head-tracking device, but without all the hardware strapped to your head! Software is free and may be copied/distributed unaltered. Code by Justin Probert, South Africa

Works great!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

SOH-CM-2024
    Let's see some screens or better yet, a video. Would br interested in seeing how it looks and how it may affect frame rates.

Caz

Dont know how to produce a video--Will try to do some screens tomorrow
    Frame rates were not affected at all

Been using it for every flight since I downloaded it this weekend
    Rick

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Thanks for that I'll definately try it and if it's good I'll post a vid of how it looks!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

A most interesting utility. I installed it, and it indeed acts the way you stated.

I bought EZDok Camera some time back. It operates in a very similar manner.

It's curious that there is not a readme file associated with this program. No means to access any options or help whatsoever. The settings are apparently set, and not changeable.

Strange.

NC

Yes, strange indeed. It's tempting, but personally I won't run an exe. without a better idea of the origin or what it's doing......just saying.

Steve

After thinking it over a few days decided to go ahead and go for it.

Pros: it does exactly what it says real nice for those cramped approach bush airports. It does have a pause feature to turn it off or exit it under the add ons menu. Doesn't seem to effect frame rates at all. Lots cheaper than those head tracking systems as in free.

Cons: When on it changes the view no matter what view you are using all cockpit views except 2/d and all external views will recenter after a few seconds. No documentation to tell you what is modfied.

Bottom line I like it and will keep it.

Thanks Justin.:salute:

As stated above. I figured why not try it. I ran the installer and chose to have a short-cut put on the desktop. Once you start FSX and get to the aircraft settings/selection screen, double click the short-cut for the camera to activate it. A dos box will pop up and tell you it is then connected. Continue with the normal routine and get in the VC. As stated, it self centers itself. It leans as the aircraft leans into a banking corner. Follows your every turn to make it feel more realistic.
    .....I tested it in spot view also. It works there too!!. The way it moves as you bank up and over the hill-tops and down into the gullies and ravines is neater than all get out!!

I like this!!!!

A better example (for me) is, while sitting at your desk is, turn your head to the left and up in a smooth motion. Then to the right and up. Come back to center. Then raise your chin slowly as if looking at the ceiling. Center. Then visualize (somewhat) how it would feel looking at the horizon and then slowly (meaning not jerky) looking downwards. It's all pretty smooth transitioning except for the movement back to center. And that's after you've used your hat switch and went beyond the range of movements set in banking camera. Banking camera self sets itself to the direction angle being traveled.

I highly suggest if you've always wanted TrackIR (like me), to really try this. The realism it adds is truly amazing.
    Thanks for the heads up on this nifty tool :ernae:

Hopefully Peter12213 will like it and make a video...

Rick

doesn't seem to be working for me. I onl;y have latency going on...no camera turning.

As stated it works a treat, but it’s not for Aerobatics as hard manoeuvring will over pan the viewpoint right or left, but for regular flying i think it’s a superb addition to FSX , my thanks to its developer. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

how do you activate this thing? I clicked on the desktop ICON and it says its activated but I'm getting nothing. Waste of time and space for me right now.

It should automatically work when you are in VC view. It takes over (in my case at any rate) the panning option with my joystick.

NC

Great little tool for Bush flying, its more real.....works like a charm.

I was going to say earlier, I think this should be a sticky!!

well, not sure why but my system is not supporting this tool. Too bad, it sounds like a good one.

An automated installer from hell.

...for just one single .exe.

Sounds great, i installed it, but it keeps saying I need to start FSX first.
    Why?
    With zone alarm I noriced it was trying to acces the internet (probably only communicating with FSX) I clicked deny anyway, and now it doesn't see FSX.

Strange....

Would love to try it. Any possibility to get Zone Alarm forgetting this setting, and the program to find FSX?

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Rob,
    All I do is start up FSX and click the desktop icon and it will say connect to FSX
    Then go flying in the VC mode and check it out
    Works great

Rick

Yep, get FSX going and then click on the Banking Camera desktop icon. It will confirm that its now active.

Everyone should try this, because I think more people are going to like it than not. Its particularly useful when you are on base leg turning to line up on finals, ideal for visual approaches into small ILS-less strips.

Great stuff !

I de installed, deleted program settings from Zone Alarm,
    redownloaded, re-installed. Still it doesn't connect to FSX.
    All other programs that need to use simconnect, work fine, Hmmmm.
    I's love to try it.

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    I de installed, deleted program settings from Zone Alarm,
    redownloaded, re-installed. Still it doesn't connect to FSX.
    All other programs that need to use simconnect, work fine, Hmmmm.
    I's love to try it.

R.
    What OS are you using if windows7/vista try running as administrator.
    Also if running FSX in compatability mode make sure you are running banking camera in the same mode.

Robcap, are you getting the window ( it looks like an old DOS screen) that Banking Camera is active ? If so, minimize it, don't close it.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I was going to say earlier, I think this should be a sticky!!
    Ok.

Does this thing rotate the VC so it's "banked" and the horizon stays horizontal, with respect to your computer screen? if that's what it does I don't think I want it...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Angry

installed ...

only that I find very annoying that it automatically returns to the center ... after a few seconds ... no time to set the radio! grrrrrr!

Members who have read this thread: 0