Olympus Macro

Thread: Olympus Macro

Olympus Macro

I suspect this is one for Panther - have just picked up a reasonably-priced 35mm Macro lens and am playing around with it - never done this sort of stuff before.

It seems the best approach is to forget about autofocus, set it to manual, pick your magnification, and then focus by swaying in and out ! (at my age I'm very good at swaying..)

When I switch to autofocus, the thing goes berserk, zooms out to its full extent and stays there regardless.

I can't pick up any sensible advice from any of the Olympus sites so pray enlighten this old duffer...

Unhappy

Lefty,
    I wish I could help you here, but unfortunately, I only use Olympus Micro Four Thirds....

Hey All,

Lefty All I can do is express an opinion as well. I've no idea what camera you have or all the details of the lens you bought. What I can offer is that in general when you combine a new(er) DSLR with an older lens you commonly lose the ability to autofocus. The older lenses simply don't have the proper "inner workings" and the camera usually won't recognize (or be programmed for) the lens. You generally have to use manual focus and if swaying works for you... so be it. :salute:

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-