Battle of Britain install released - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Britain install released

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

all i can say is great work...the missions 'HH'= HOBBIT has added are soooooooooo touching and

add what is needed some realism and colour filled skys ......lol

eto is and has done excellent updates and patches this addon has alot of future development and hoping can be worked in a standalone formed out of the team

hobbit keep making the missions and great addition to the anniversary for bob

someone asked about the water colour ans texture ... im prefer eto version

the thing i feel can be a great touch is there is more voice chatter , thats for me a real feel good addon

many tks for the developer and adding attention to this era im sure will bring good things

hoping grizzey ion his 1.40 update for eto hasd some bobs stuff in it .......

i love

battle of britain era ************

thanks to all

nowe we wait for flyer1 to add his winning video work on some of the missions

weeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What's Clive's BoB got to do with ETO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Blog Entries
    Clive, how important is it to start with a ‘vanilla’ CFS3 install? I have CFS3 with, for example, the Just Flight Battle of Britain add-on and some other scenery modifications. Is it a problem to use this for your BoB install? I am willing to simply try, but feel a bit apprehensive. Am I the only one?
    To be honest, I don't know what would happen. This install will overwrite the stock scenery, global layer, qclocations and the effects and sounds xml plus a few other files for the UI and dialogue screens. If the JF BoB addon does the same then you may lose something. If you look in your current install what are the dates that the effects and sounds.xml files were created? They should be 2002 or 2003.

Everything else is just added so will be compatible. If in doubt back up these files first.

Assets folder
    Global Layer folder
    qclocations.xml
    effects.xml
    sounds.xml

Mmm this is very blue for the North Sea, what do others think?
    The sea is stock Jeff. There are a few variations available in the SoH archive or on Simviation if it bothers you. It was something that I was going to mess with for the next revision.

What's Clive's BoB got to do with ETO?
    I think Joshua means that there are extra BoB era bits in the next revision of ETO, they're nowt to do with this install though.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blog Entries

Procedure for installing Clives BOB

Hey guys is this the right procedure for installing Clives BoB
    Vanilla CFS3 patched to 3.1a
    Make copy of CFS3.1
    Put MWs MultiCFS3.exe in CFS3.1 copy
    Run MultiCFS3.exe
    Rename copy ‘ Combat Flight Simulator BoB’
    Run BoB installer, target this copy.

Am I doing this right? I aint as bright as I once was.
    Thanx a bunch:salute:
    CHEERS

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries

yes i did and works if im reading right .....

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa

i love my life wish the wife loved me the same, as i love the game ,

lb

Blog Entries
    Hi Old Tiger,

Almost, but in the wrong order, although it should still work that way.
    The mulitcfs3 is in the installer btw.

One of the first things I learnt as a young engineer was an acronym.....****....first word is read, the last is manual, folks can guess the rest

This is from the readme:

INSTRUCTIONS
    1) Install CFS3 to a location of your choice (the default location is C:\Programme files\Microsoft Games\ Combat Flight Simulator 3).

2) Apply the 2 updates to take it to version 3.1a
    These updates can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/games/CombatFS3/downloads.aspx

3) You now have a choice!
    Method A (preferred) - Make a copy of the complete CFS3 install (this process may take some time) then rename it to 'Combat Flight Simulator BoB'
    Run the auto-installer and make the destination directory the copy you have just made. By doing this you will still have a stock install as well as the BoB one.
    Method B - Run the auto-installer and let it write the BoB files to your stock install. This will overwrite many of the stock files and may adversley affect the game if you subsequently install other addons.

4) Open the Combat Flight Simulator BoB directory and in it you will find 'MultiCFS3.exe'. Double click on it and in the "current user folder" box change
    "Combat Flight Simulator 3.0" to "Combat Flight Simulator BoB" and click on "Accept".

5) Installation complete!

Cheers, Pat:salute:

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info Clive. The installation went OK but when starting BoB I get the message ‘mission file failed to load’. I tried changing the location and aircraft in Quick Combat (which helped in the past with ETO) but no luck this time. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a solution? Btw in my attempts to solve the problem I deleted missions and aircraft that I thought might have been the problem but that did not help.

Try choosing an enemy fighter in QC, as the there is none specified...

Blog Entries
    Stickshaker - you could try running the installer again and pointing it at BoB instead of the stock cfs3 install in the installer dialogue box so that it overwrites/ adds the missing files again.

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries

playing more on this install great voice overlays ... when in contact to fighter range .

also seems the damage hits are real nice ....looking

its coming ......along nice

tks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Hi Old Tiger,

Almost, but in the wrong order, although it should still work that way.
    The mulitcfs3 is in the installer btw.

One of the first things I learnt as a young engineer was an acronym.....****....first word is read, the last is manual, folks can guess the rest

This is from the readme:

INSTRUCTIONS
    1) Install CFS3 to a location of your choice (the default location is C:\Programme files\Microsoft Games\ Combat Flight Simulator 3).

2) Apply the 2 updates to take it to version 3.1a
    These updates can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/games/CombatFS3/downloads.aspx

3) You now have a choice!
    Method A (preferred) - Make a copy of the complete CFS3 install (this process may take some time) then rename it to 'Combat Flight Simulator BoB'
    Run the auto-installer and make the destination directory the copy you have just made. By doing this you will still have a stock install as well as the BoB one.
    Method B - Run the auto-installer and let it write the BoB files to your stock install. This will overwrite many of the stock files and may adversley affect the game if you subsequently install other addons.

4) Open the Combat Flight Simulator BoB directory and in it you will find 'MultiCFS3.exe'. Double click on it and in the "current user folder" box change
    "Combat Flight Simulator 3.0" to "Combat Flight Simulator BoB" and click on "Accept".

5) Installation complete!

Cheers, Pat:salute:
    :ernae:Thanks PatFollowed your directions to the letter.:salute:Works like a charm

Cheers,

Len
    CHEERS

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for your information and suggestions. In the end the solution turned out to be simple. Years ago I made a back-up of my original CFS3 aircraft so I copied that file into the Aircraft directory of BoB (deleting all aircraft except the BoB aircraft). Strangely enough I missed some textures then, even for the ‘new’ BoB aircraft, but after I copied all AvHistory aircraft I have, plus all ‘shared’ files directories of the ETO aircraft directory into the BoB directory, I got my textures back. I don’t know which of the copied aircraft is responsible, but if you lose textures this trick may be of use.

Clive, a very nice add-on (even if I only made one flight as yet)!

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    clive why not get admin to set up a Sticky for this BoB install? It does deserve it.

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Great Idea, a Sticky... Yes I agree..:salute:

Hey someone in admin, Do your magic Please..

No, and don't turn me into a Frog...(wrong magic)..

Make a BOB Sticky please..Thank You..

Pat.............this is handsome indeed..........many thanks!

sky pilot

Icon5 Frog

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Great Idea, a Sticky... Yes I agree..:salute:

Hey someone in admin, Do your magic Please..

No, and don't turn me into a Frog...(wrong magic)..

Make a BOB Sticky please..Thank You..

AWAA WHY NOT A HOBBIT FROG ?

Can I do the same thing with a M A w install and put it on one drive and cfs3 the outher ?
    sky pilot

Very impressed, Clive. The scenery is great, and FPS acceptable as far as I've seen - unless using the latest PD Spitfire cockpit in virtual cockpit mode. Then it drops off terribly. Not sure why that is.

Can't think why you used that horrid pre-war Blenheim skin, though, or some of the other skins you've used...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Thanks for your information and suggestions. In the end the solution turned out to be simple. Years ago I made a back-up of my original CFS3 aircraft so I copied that file into the Aircraft directory of BoB (deleting all aircraft except the BoB aircraft). Strangely enough I missed some textures then, even for the ‘new’ BoB aircraft, but after I copied all AvHistory aircraft I have, plus all ‘shared’ files directories of the ETO aircraft directory into the BoB directory, I got my textures back. I don’t know which of the copied aircraft is responsible, but if you lose textures this trick may be of use.

Clive, a very nice add-on (even if I only made one flight as yet)!
    Hi Stickshaker,

By copying in an old set of CFS3 stock planes you have inadvertantly undone some of the work that was put into the BoB addon.

All the stock CFS3 planes had been editied to aircraft type 2 in the config files and set to spawn No in the xdp files.
    This was to stop non period aircraft from showing up in game. (either in menus or mission spawns)

They had also had some work done on the various textures that render the horrible coloured stripes and code letters invisible in game, this was so people didnt have to worry about editing mos files for standalones and also to stop historical skins from being overlayed with stock stripes etc on any wingman or enemy aircraft you may see flying about during a mission or QC.

I would strongly suggest you put the included set of stock CFS3 aircraft back into your BoB install, to benefit the full BoB experiance.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Can't think why you used that horrid pre-war Blenheim skin, though, or some of the other skins you've used...
    And the MkIF is a pre-BoB skin. The No.604 Sqn L8740 (NG-Q) based at Manston, Kent, in August 1940 would be better for this particular add on.
    http://www.regshanger.com/Regs%20han...lenheim%20.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    And the MkIF is a pre-BoB skin. The No.604 Sqn L8740 (NG-Q) based at Manston, Kent, in August 1940 would be better for this particular add on.
    http://www.regshanger.com/Regs%20han...lenheim%20.htm
    Also true. I was so horrified by that other monstrosity I didn't even notice that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for pointing out my mistake Rob. I re-ran the installer as per Clive’s suggestions (see above) and I think all is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Also true. I was so horrified by that other monstrosity I didn't even notice that!
    Hi Nigel, LZ,

the prewar skin is not supposed to be in there, after checking we have identified that there are quite a few files that have not copied across for some reason during the build process for the installer file, it was supposed to have your skin WV-D. Clive is working on a new build to fix this.

Would it be alright to use your NG-Q skin as suggested in the upcoming fix for the fighter version? and if you have time could you make a skin for the bomber version with a slighty more period correct skin than the WV-D.

regards Rob.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries

"Can't think why you used that horrid pre-war Blenheim skin"
    My Friend it doesn't matter which skin you put on a blenheim, They are Horrid anyway!!!
    off to hide before the Brits see this..
    Off to my Hole..
    On goes the ring..

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi Nigel, LZ,

the prewar skin is not supposed to be in there, after checking we have identified that there are quite a few files that have not copied across for some reason during the build process for the installer file, it was supposed to have your skin WV-D. Clive is working on a new build to fix this.

Would it be alright to use your NG-Q skin as suggested in the upcoming fix for the fighter version? and if you have time could you make a skin for the bomber version with a slighty more period correct skin than the WV-D.

regards Rob.
    Hi Rob,

You're welcome - help yourself to whatever you need. It's not a good moment for me to say I'll do a new skin - the new school year started today, and it's a total mess - but keep at me and when I get a break, I will. Don't hold me to a timetable, but feel free to remind me. Got a lot on my plate...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Hi Nigel,

No worries, real life comes first. Thanks for the OK on using the fighter version skin. I'll drop you a line with some ideas on skins, your already doing up a 609 Spit skin, and a new Blenhiem skin in addition would be great. no pressure just as you get a chance.

regards Rob.

Members who have read this thread: 2