Is IRIS Simulations still in business?

Thread: Is IRIS Simulations still in business?

Is IRIS Simulations still in business?

While surfing SOH's FSX forum on 09/12/10, I found out IRIS' Texan II had some significant upgrades in 2009 that were available for free or a reduced price for prior purchasers of the Texan II. I went to the IRIS website and could find no information on the upgrades, so I sent an e-mail requesting info to support@irissimulations.com, the address posted on their website, and received a "failure notice" stating the e-mail didn't go through. Also, the 09/12/10 request for upgrade info by "b17lover" on the SOH FSX forum hasn't been responded to by anyone.

Are they still in business? If so, how do we get the upgrades?

Thanks,

Joe

They have a quite active facebook page, last posts at facebook were made yesterday.
    Maybe you could contact them there?
    here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/irissimulations

Just covering the bases...

You can submit a support ticket here:
    http://www.irisfss.com/supportticket/

The new site is here:
    http://www.irisfss.com/

If I remember right, their site was hacked this past spring, and since they are a very small operation, I'm guessing they are still working on rebuilding?

I found out the same info earlier this year about the Texan II, and Mr. Brice was helpful in getting me the updated file.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Very much so, see their A-10 thread of recent.

Best

Michael

My Twitter account is bombarded daily with Iris 'tweets'..... so I'd say YES, he's still there ;-)
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Can anyone tell me where I can get the Iris C-27 Spartan???...believe it or not I Need this aircraft bad!!!!

I am interested in the C-27J as well, but no trace of it in the IRIS site...
    :wave:

I HOPE...

f-111
    C-27J
    Typhoon

and why not? a Tornado!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    The c-27 is still on the burner. albeit, the back burner, but still there none the less.. The VC still needs to be worked on as well as other details including finishing the flight model.. All i can ask is your patience ( and mine ) .. I'd like to see it too..

Still No Help from IRIS

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Just covering the bases...

You can submit a support ticket here:
    http://www.irisfss.com/supportticket/

The new site is here:
    http://www.irisfss.com/

If I remember right, their site was hacked this past spring, and since they are a very small operation, I'm guessing they are still working on rebuilding?

I found out the same info earlier this year about the Texan II, and Mr. Brice was helpful in getting me the updated file.
    Dain, took your advise and submitted a support ticket on 09/16/10 and got a response with a ticket number and the statement "a representative will get back to you shortly" on the same day. Having heard nothing, I followed up on 09/20/10. Still no help.

Based on this lack of support, and the lack of response to a tech question I had when I first bought the Texan II, I won't be buying any future IRIS products.

Thanks for everyone's comments and help.

Joe

Maybe he's so indulged in his 'twittering' that he forgot about his support tickets
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by gera View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can get the Iris C-27 Spartan???...believe it or not I Need this aircraft bad!!!!
    ya this was going to be my next Iris purchase once it was finished

Blog Entries
    it isnt finished.. The VC remains undone, and the FDe is only about 70% complete..

OMG THE A-10 IS COMING THIS WEEKEND!

warchild can we get a price estimate?

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by blazefox2 View Post
    OMG THE A-10 IS COMING THIS WEEKEND!

?

That was quick!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Maybe he's so indulged in his 'twittering' that he forgot about his support tickets
    Very possible, lol. I like David a lot. . .great guy and he makes some beautiful aircraft, but answering e-mails or support questions is not something that's handled very well. I've sent e-mails quite a few times to unlock aircraft that I needed new downloads for and never got replies so I just gave up.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    That was quick!

quoted from their facebook
    "
    • <button class="stat_elem as_link" type="submit" name="like_comment_id[13974399]" value="13974399" title="Like this comment">Unlike</button>
    • IRIS Flight Simulation Software all going well, we're hoping for this coming weekend<abbr title="Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 7:34am">Yesterday at 7:34am</abbr> · <button class="stat_elem as_link" type="submit" name="like_comment_id[13974409]" value="13974409" title="Like this comment">LikeUnlike</button> · 2 people"

Nice of those people to show there support by clicking "unlike" that button has no place here! We all love Iris, Dave's a legend as well as his team of which my mate Matt "Smoothie" Wynn is a big part, when he's not fighting that is!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

We All Don't Love IRIS

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Nice of those people to show there support by clicking "unlike" that button has no place here! We all love Iris, Dave's a legend as well as his team of which my mate Matt "Smoothie" Wynn is a big part, when he's not fighting that is!
    The people who clicked the "unlike" button are probably customers like "falcon409" and myself who asked for help and never got it. The funny thing is, we all know Brice is probably following this thread and he still won't help or defend himself. While there might not be an "unlike" button here, I have my own button and it's called "cash" and IRIS ain't gettin' none (sic).

Goodbye,

There's been a fair bit of re-organisation at Iris recently, as David has been mostly doing support on his own and has suffered for it - he does have a lot on his plate and is also working hard to get the A10 ready for release. There are now a few of us with access to the support ticket system, but some of us only joined fairly recently (around the time of development on the Vulcan or after). For myself, I've answered as many support tickets as possible with the products I'm familiar with - I guess others are in the same boat. I've only recently got hold of some of the older products (such as the T6) and am still trying to find my way around it before being able to offer decent support. Having not been involved in its develpment, it's a lot harder - often, support tickets for aircraft we've been involved in the development of are easier to answer because we've seen the problems during development.

I know it's not an excuse, but we all have personal situations / lives outside FS which must take priority. We don't get paid for what we do (but free aircraft are nice That kind of balances out the hours we put in in the development process). However, we're not helped when support tickets are entered with less than ten words - we really do need some information before we can begin to assist! (and that's just a general comment based on some of the requests I've seen, it is not aimed at any individual).

If any of you guys that have outstanding support issues want to PM me here, or over at the Iris website (JFTC - Paul Frimston), I will do my best to get something sorted out for you, whether it be that I can solve it or have to flag it up in our forum for somebody who may have the answer. Drop me a line, as if you've not contacted the support ticket thing and give as much detail of the problem as you possibly can. We will try and get things sorted for you.

Just to be fair to David here. . .my statement regarding the lack of response to support, either via a post in the forums or an e-mail has not diminished the way I view IRIS. I have a great deal of respect for David and Karen and the other folks who spend a lot of time behind the scenes building aircraft we enjoy flying.

I think the fact that the entire website has been changed more than a few times in the past few years requiring everyone to re-register multiple times and then hacked on top of that has not made the situation any better. My sole problem is with the store and the fact that all my past purchases are "locked". I have quite a few I'd like to get back but that takes an e-mail (to Karen "I think") and then all the pertinent information on the original purchase, which usually isn't a problem, but it's that process that always has failed me, thus my statement that I eventually just gave up.

I'll continue to buy, whenever my finances allow and I don't think anyone can go wrong by sticking by David and his team at IRIS.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by delta558 View Post
    There's been a fair bit of re-organisation at Iris recently, as David has been mostly doing support on his own and has suffered for it - he does have a lot on his plate and is also working hard to get the A10 ready for release. There are now a few of us with access to the support ticket system, but some of us only joined fairly recently (around the time of development on the Vulcan or after). For myself, I've answered as many support tickets as possible with the products I'm familiar with - I guess others are in the same boat. I've only recently got hold of some of the older products (such as the T6) and am still trying to find my way around it before being able to offer decent support. Having not been involved in its develpment, it's a lot harder - often, support tickets for aircraft we've been involved in the development of are easier to answer because we've seen the problems during development.

I know it's not an excuse, but we all have personal situations / lives outside FS which must take priority. We don't get paid for what we do (but free aircraft are nice That kind of balances out the hours we put in in the development process). However, we're not helped when support tickets are entered with less than ten words - we really do need some information before we can begin to assist! (and that's just a general comment based on some of the requests I've seen, it is not aimed at any individual).

If any of you guys that have outstanding support issues want to PM me here, or over at the Iris website (JFTC - Paul Frimston), I will do my best to get something sorted out for you, whether it be that I can solve it or have to flag it up in our forum for somebody who may have the answer. Drop me a line, as if you've not contacted the support ticket thing and give as much detail of the problem as you possibly can. We will try and get things sorted for you.
    Paul,

I sent you a PM. I just want to re-download the Texan II that I originally purchased direct from IRIS with the SP2 upgrade and purchase the Advanced upgrade at a reduced cost for previous purchasers, as stated in previous threads on this forum.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

I am sorry for the delay in addressing your concerns... I have now replied to all the remaining support tickets open...

If you don't get the link to the file you need, drop me a PM here and I'll organise it for you.

Falcon,

Same goes for you.. If there are any outstanding purchases you need access to, drop me a PM here and I'll organise download links for you.

As most people know including myself, support has always been my personal weakness...very often (as is the case recently), I become so bogged down with organising dev work, family matters and support that something suffers. In response to this I've handed more support functions to the other team members, however in many cases such as authorising downloads for purchased products, only I have access to the sales data from which to confirm authorised re-downloads.

The team are doing a fantastic job helping me out with support issues where they can, and a lot of questions are getting answered more speedily as their experience and knowledge increases.

From my point of view, it has freed up a great deal of my time to focus on producing a superior product as is the case in the A-10, but on the downside, it appears support has suffered to a certain extent and for that I can only apologise and work harder on maintaining a balance between supporting our loyal customers and focusing efforts on producing the best products I can.

Either way, I want to thank you all for your patience.

DB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]