Rwy 12: Where Did My Files Go?

Thread: Rwy 12: Where Did My Files Go?

Rwy 12: Where Did My Files Go?

I used the freeware CCleaner to tidy up my hard drive, and after rebooting, Rwy 12 doesn't list my saved files. The scenery objects I'd placed are still there, but when I go to open a file in Rwy 12 there's no sign of them.

I did a file search, and haven't been able to find them. They're obviously still on the computer, since the scenery objects are showing up. Can anyone tell me where I should look? Thanks!

Im guessing the first place to look is Add-on Scenery-Scenery folder.
    hope this helps ian

Thanks for the suggestion, Ian.

I checked out addon scenery/scenery, and there are various components of Rwy 12 there but not the files. I've looked through Rwy 12 as well, and there's nothing there. It's a little confusing to me, since Rwy 12 operates outside of FS9, yet affects FS9.

I'm not clear on what is missing. I'm inferring that the BGLs ("scenery") and the BMPs ("texture") are still wherever you had placed them, is that correct?

If so, then by "Rwy12 files" you must mean the XMLs that reside in Rwy12 at its outside-of-FS9 location. Am I correct?

I believe CCleaner asks for permission to remove the files it collects, so I would start by running CCleaner again and carefully observing WHERE it intends to stash the files it considers to be "crap".

If they have been deleted "forever" (i.e., if they're not in your trash bin) then likely the easiest solution is to re-install Rwy12.

If you had a custom Rwy12 setup (i.e., you had added objects apart from the Rwy12 stock stuff) then there is something else to try: all add-on objects have a "add_" prefixed to the filename of their XMLs. So do a search for add_*.xml and you may find your missing Rwy12 XMLs. Good luck!

-h52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Found Them!

Thanks for the advice!

Rwy 12 puts both the XML and BGL in the addon scenery/static objects/scenery file. I hadn't looked in that file before.

So, the moral of the story is, check carefully before approving the removal of "unwanted" files. I've learned my lesson!