Announcement: Its Time ............
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Its Time ............

Exclamation Announcement: Its Time ............

.........to pass the Baton

......its been coming for some time, but I'm hangin' up the brushes & hammerin' the lids back on the paint cans ..........

I'll finish up the projects I've got in hand, but then I'm taking a rest

I'm very pleased to say that Paul (Pombee) has agreed to take over the running of the Paintshop (I had thought about shutting it down)

Paul is a major talent and I'm sure you'll continue to give him all the support that I've enjoyed & appreciated these past few years

You can see what he's got for you here http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/page/Pombee%27s+Pages

I'll still be hanging around, and you never know, something may just come up that sparks my interest again

So thanks to you all, I hope my small contribution has added something to your enjoyment

Best Regards to All

Jim

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Unhappy Oh, no.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sopwith Chameleon View Post
    .........to pass the Baton......its been coming for some time, but I'm hangin' up the brushes & hammerin' the lids back on the paint cans ..........

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Thank you so much for all your work. I do not believe that there is anyone into CFS2 that has not heard of your fantastic skills. I sure hope that the bug does indeed bite you again.:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Sopwith Chameleon View Post
    So thanks to you all, I hope my small contribution has added something to your enjoyment
    He's kidding right?

Thank you Sopwith Chameleon! :salute:

Huge thanks are in order.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to add my 3 bobs worth, and offer my heartfelt thanks to Jim for all the work that he's put in over the years. I will freely admit that I can never hope to match his skills, but when he told me that he might have to close the Paintshop, I realised that our community needs this valuable resource, so I offered my services to keep it going.

I want to wish Jim all the best for the future, and I hope that he can't keep away, and that we see more of his superb work.

Thank you Jim, and look after yourself.

Cheers,

Paul. :salute::salute::salute:

Chesaning-The middle of the Mitten. Go Blue.
    :salute:You are a great artist. You and your work will be missed.Hopefully after a little down time you won't be able to resist doing just one more skin, and then another, and you will be back.Have a good one.

BLONDI:cost1:

Absolutely one of the finest skinners CFS2 has ever seen. Your planes have a realistic look and feel that I wouldn't have thought possible 10 years ago when this bird started to fly.

I hate to see you go, but I am thankful you gave so much to this community. Don't be a stranger here.
    :salute:

SC,

Words are inadequate to express my appreciation for all you've added to our shared hobby over the years - as has been said, don't be a stranger, and I have a feeling you'll be back from time to time!
    Best Regards,
    Ghostrider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sad message

What a sad message, but all I can say is a big and sincere THANK YOU for creating some of my favorite skins, and all the work you have done over the years to keep CFS2 alive and kicking.
    Hope to see you back again some day fresh and rested after your well-deserved holyday.
    Finn

It's paint Jim but not as we know it....

...it was better.

Many thanks for your hard work and (along with many others) the warm welcome that made me become a regular at the OH, if it wasn't for guys like you, I'd have kept wandering from forum to forum like the littlest hobo. (now I've got the tune in my head it'll haunt me all night).

be sure to pop (teleport?) in once in a while.

remember, life's a peach,
    Jamie

Reply...

Sopwith,

I am sad to see you go, but appreciate always the wonderful work you have done. Best wishes in all your future endeavors, my friend.

Make sure that you stop by and visit on occasion, and we'll welcome you with open arms whenever you say hi!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

All your efforts are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us. I enjoy your skins every time I play this sim. I hope we hear from you now and then. Take care and thank you.

msfossey

Thank you for all your great add ons and I hope that you will still help to keep SOH alive!:salute:

Kudos Jim, many thanks for your fantastic efforts over the years. Take all the time you need, you deserve it.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Well SC that's a shocker!!

I hope all's well with you.

I've got to admit I've seen you go from strength to strength over the years, love your work and one of my favourite painters.

You've created a cracking little site of your own (glad Pomb's taking that over, thanks).

I hope this is just a rest and not full retirement....

As the others, many thanks Jim.

:ernae:

Shessi

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Thumbs up .....................

Say it Ain't So......

Come back Soon, Old Son !

[The OTHER SC...]

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Smile I hope you are well

Jim,

after my first reaction of sincere disappointment for your announcement, I want to make sure you are retiring only because you did not spare yourself and you simply burned out once again. (Yes, I remember another announcement of this sort a few years ago....).

What I am saying is that I truly hope you are not retiring from your painting activity (not from CFS2 I hope!) because some health problems are forcing you to give up.

Hoping you are fine, let me join all others in thanking you for the wonderful repaints you gifted us with.

I will miss the anticipation rush of checking your site periodically to see if there was anything new to bring home!

Enjoy your rest and stay in touch!

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Smile The Reports of my Death

........have been greatly exagerated .........

I'm well (apart from a few age-related things)

I'm not hacked off with anything or anybody

I am tired, but not under stress

I'm happy, busy with my Family, and still gigging with the Band

My muse has deserted me for the moment is all, and I was finding it hard to keep the Paintshop interesting and updated.

Pombee has graciously stepped up to the plate, and I thank him for that, if anyone else is interested in contributing, let me know and I'll get some more keys cut.

I guess its just a temporary thing - but I need a little space

I thank you all for your kind comments, as I've said before, I do what I do for myself really, but at the moment I don't want to do it at all ................

BTW - when I get the Stuka finished, you're really going to like it - could use a little help with the VC though - any takers ?

I'm away for the weekend - but if you're interested pm me & I'll be back Monday

Kelti - prop disc? Exhaust effect ?

Anyhoo, thanks for your concern & kind comments, its appreciated

Jim

Best of Luck. Thank you for fantastic skins over the years!:salute:
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

Take a break SC, hurry back to us.

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...
    He was sucked into a jet engine...

Jim,
    As long as simmers still use CFS2 your skins will continue to be seen as the very best virtual paint jobs. Long may they grace our virtual skies. Thank you so much for all you have given us.

Mike

SC,

Thanks for your great efforts and work SC. CFS 2 is a much better place thanks to you.

PomBee,

Best wishes with your efforts with the Paint Shop. I've got gigs of your previous work and I'm sure that there will be gigs and gigs yet to come!
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

SopwithC,
    Your contributions are anything BUT SMALL! I really appreciated all the work you did for the Tuskegee Airmen Campaigns at that time, more than you can possibly know.
    You made many of the skins on the aircraft that I used in the Bong/McGuire missions.
    I have continued to enjoy all of your hard work as you turned out more very excellent paint jobs for multiple aircraft that I have downloaded and used for personal mission building.

It is guys like you that have kept CFS2 alive and well over the years and made it so much better than MS ever intended.

From the bottom of my heart; THANK YOU.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    PomBee,

Best wishes with your efforts with the Paint Shop. I've got gigs of your previous work and I'm sure that there will be gigs and gigs yet to come!
    Thanks for the kind words, Jagd. I know that it'll be some time before I can even approach Jim's standards, but we, as a community, need the Paintshop, and I just want to keep it going for all of us, at least until Jim feels ready to make a comeback.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

Hi Sopwith:
    first of all: Many thanks for your nice work.
    I was off CFS2 for over a year now. Suddenly so many other things were far more interesting.

When I came back for a visit, I noticed how many skins you have painted in that time!
    I hope, I can find at least the time to grab me copies and fly them.

But I am sure, we will have you around here every now and then.

All the best from Hamburg,
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

Members who have read this thread: 0