Trouble with IE8 and Google Chrome

Thread: Trouble with IE8 and Google Chrome

Angry Trouble with IE8 and Google Chrome

I have been using IE8 for the past year since upgrading to Win7 64bit I also loaded Google Chrome a couple months ago and both have been working flawlessly until a week ago . The IE8 won't open and neither will Google Chrome . I HAVE a good internet connection but neither home page will open now(when set as default) . From what I've read IE8 is full of bugs and this type of problem along with pages not opening is quite common now a days . I am surprised at Google Chrome but from what I've read it occassionly happens with it also . I am running PC Tools and made sure both Chrome and IE8 (my.msn.com)were added to PC tools . I have tried several suggestions on the net , a couple being : right click cmd prompt and run as admin , add :" regsvr32 actxprxy.dll "(It actually worked for a few days(I think?) , a second one was at the cmd prompt add : " netsh winsock reset " (Both without quotes of coarse) . Strange SOH will open but very slowly along with a few others . Have ran Malwarebytes , PC Tools and Windows Defender(Full scans) and they have not picked up anything .

Big question ????

Is there any browser that will run smoothly without such problems? (Running Win7 64bit)
    Firefox appears to be stable but can I import my favorites folder from IE8 ?

Desperate(Wife is doing her BSN (Nursing) online at Ohio University and is really getting irritated along with me !!)

Rich

Trouble with IE8 and Google Chrome--UPDATE ?

?? Both are now working ?? Why , I don't have a clue ! I have changed nothing , added nothing , not even a reboot(PC) . I have exited to Desktop after both would not open . Now both will open along with pages in my Favorites . (???) I am STILL looking for stability in a browser . Is there such a beast or is that wishful thinking ? What do you guys and gals do when you are in the middle of a project or something and your browser does the " Deep Six " ?

Browsers working for now

Rich

Happiness Consultant
    This may not be the fault of your browser. It could very well be the quality of your ISP or your phone lines ...

Also, you may want to check your systems for spyware and other malware, as these will interrupt an ongoing connection so that they can parse the information they have gleaned ...

I use IE8 both at home and at work and very rarely have a problem. Lately though at work, (they just changed ISP, to a cheaper service,) and I keep getting constantly dropped signals.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Thanks Snuffy

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    This may not be the fault of your browser. It could very well be the quality of your ISP or your phone lines ...

Also, you may want to check your systems for spyware and other malware, as these will interrupt an ongoing connection so that they can parse the information they have gleaned ...

I use IE8 both at home and at work and very rarely have a problem. Lately though at work, (they just changed ISP, to a cheaper service,) and I keep getting constantly dropped signals.
    Thanks for the reply Ted . I've been on Time Warner Road Runner for quite a few years now . I agree with you on this one . Last spring my connection was dropping intermittantly . Occassionally for a few hours . I had TW come to the house and he intially could'nt get on either . He went outside and changed out a little connector inside the box that connected 2-3 cables . Went inside and changed out the cable modem(Black-Motorola). fired up the PC then has a way of checking the speed and it was good and no problems for three months . Whats strange now is that I have a connection to the net but the Home page IE8 or Google would'nt load along with several other pages . Now it works (for the time being) without any problems . I have rarely had a problem with TW or IE over the years . It has been a good ISP . Who knows .

Rich