IKE_Nimitz carrier pack issues

Thread: IKE_Nimitz carrier pack issues

IKE_Nimitz carrier pack issues

Does anyone know of a different way other then AI Carriers V2 to load Mr. Javier's Nimitz/Eisenhower pack? Based on my issues from a previous post....
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=42012
    I wanted to see if it's the Nimitz pack that is not WIN7 64 Bit compatable.
    The stock carriers in the AI Carrier V2 work fine. I usually load up the Reagan (Abacus
    FlightDeck 4) from there load up one of the carrier liveries in AI Carriers V2 menu
    after I have installed The Nimitz_Ike addon. Sliders left only removes the island from the carrier
    I originate my flight from (USS Reagan). Someone out there also made a modified FX wake file to
    put in the effects (that didn't work either). So...left with trying to isolate if it's AI Carriers V2
    or the Ike_Nimitz that is giving me issues with the wakes floating over the ships.

My system is win7 64 bit and all is compatible
    but I don't use AICarrierV2
    so i create Ai traffic ships and carriers in Alaska

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.mediafire.com/?lq8n95jz0s6dja1

1. I have W7/64 and AICarriers works fine on my system.

2. If you can't get AICarriers to work, try the following at AVSIM and Flightsim.com. It's similar to Hanimichal's Alaska tracks.

<table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left">Flight Simulator X - Scenery </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="*"> Carrier Tracks Volumes 1 and 2 </td> <td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> <!-- --> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:

<table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td width="*"> File Description:
    FSX Carrier Tracks Volumes 1 And 2. Volume 1 places Nimitz-class carrier models as moving AI boat traffic in Hawaii and four coastal locations, situated by Marine Corps and Naval air stations. Note: Volume 1 has been updated since the first release. If you have the original version, delete it; this one has everything you need. Volume 2 adds Nimitz-class carriers in more locations: near Naval air stations in the United States, around the Hawaiian islands of Kauai and Maui, and Tokyo Bay. It also includes two tracks for the French carrier "Clemenceau": one in the Mediterranean, the other in the Caribbean. For each track, a map is provided as well as a sample flight that starts on the carrier. Requires: freeware "USS Nimitz and Eisenhower" by Javier Fernandez, available here. Instructions for downloading the French "Clemenceau" are provided in the readme.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" width="50%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="25%">Filename:</td> <td width="75%">carriertracks1and2.zip</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">License:</td> <td width="75%">Freeware</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Added:</td> <td width="75%">6th December 2009</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Downloads:</td> <td width="75%">3594</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Author:</td> <td width="75%">David Wilson-Okamura</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Size:</td> <td width="75%">4148kb</td></tr></tbody></table>
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post

2. If you can't get AICarriers to work, try the following at AVSIM and Flightsim.com. It's similar to Hanimichal's Alaska tracks.

<table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left">Flight Simulator X - Scenery </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="*"> Carrier Tracks Volumes 1 and 2 </td> <td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> <!-- --> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:

<table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td width="*"> File Description:
    FSX Carrier Tracks Volumes 1 And 2. Volume 1 places Nimitz-class carrier models as moving AI boat traffic in Hawaii and four coastal locations, situated by Marine Corps and Naval air stations. Note: Volume 1 has been updated since the first release. If you have the original version, delete it; this one has everything you need. Volume 2 adds Nimitz-class carriers in more locations: near Naval air stations in the United States, around the Hawaiian islands of Kauai and Maui, and Tokyo Bay. It also includes two tracks for the French carrier "Clemenceau": one in the Mediterranean, the other in the Caribbean. For each track, a map is provided as well as a sample flight that starts on the carrier. Requires: freeware "USS Nimitz and Eisenhower" by Javier Fernandez, available here. Instructions for downloading the French "Clemenceau" are provided in the readme.

<table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" width="50%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="25%">Filename:</td> <td width="75%">carriertracks1and2.zip</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">License:</td> <td width="75%">Freeware</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Added:</td> <td width="75%">6th December 2009</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Downloads:</td> <td width="75%">3594</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Author:</td> <td width="75%">David Wilson-Okamura</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Size:</td> <td width="75%">4148kb</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Thanks for the files, I'll give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post

I just set up the Nimitz (again) and the carrier tracks program. As soon and I picked one the
    flights featuring the Nimitz, I got that ugly smokie thingie which always forms a few hundred
    feet about the carier and then cascades down to the carrier. So it is not AI carriers doing
    this is that Nimitz_Ike carrier pack. I still can use the standard carrier rolled into the AI Carriers
    V2 program with no problems but I won't have all that glitz that the V2 of the Nimitz offers.
    *Sigh*

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ1USN View Post
    I just set up the Nimitz (again) and the carrier tracks program. As soon and I picked one the
    flights featuring the Nimitz, I got that ugly smokie thingie which always forms a few hundred
    feet about the carier and then cascades down to the carrier. So it is not AI carriers doing
    this is that Nimitz_Ike carrier pack. I still can use the standard carrier rolled into the AI Carriers
    V2 program with no problems but I won't have all that glitz that the V2 of the Nimitz offers.
    *Sigh*
    The only suggestion that I can give now is to contact Thrawn (Javier Fernandez) here at SOH and find out which effects he used on the various models, and remove them one by one to find the offending file.
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer