want to tour alberta and want to convert recorded flight to movie

Thread: want to tour alberta and want to convert recorded flight to movie

want to tour alberta and want to convert recorded flight to movie

I'm doing an isu(independent study unit unit) for my geagraphy class and we are doing a presentation about canada's provinces and I got Alberta. What I want to do is fly around Alberta and see some glaciers if there are any in fsx and I also want to record it and convert it into a movie format so I can present it. The other thing I wanted to know is, why is my plane so crappy looking? I have put the aircraft slider to the highest but I still cant see the detail clearly.

war.ace

You may be outstripping your video card and computer's capability to display higher-level mip maps. There's no magic bullet for making things look perfect. You can have a great looking sim that's a slideshow, a cruddy-looking sim that works fairly well, or a great-looking sim that runs great, but on a super fast computer.

anyways...are there any place in alberta that is very interesting like glaciers..cities...the "dinsosaur park"...oil fields...maybe even deserts during summer...I dont know...places with great scenery and interesting facts. if there's no way of converting the records into a movie maybe I'll just download fraps

Yeah, you'll need FRAPS to make a video. There's no conversion from the internal playback mechanism to video.

bump any place in alberta that has good sceneries?

Quote Originally Posted by war.ace View Post
    bump any place in alberta that has good sceneries?
    Most of the default scenery in FSX is pretty vanilla.

JSkorna
    Hi,

Your assignment is for you to discover things, not for us to tell you. As a younger student you need to learn how to research things, without someone giving you the answers all the time. Travel sites are one place to look and I am sure that the Internet is a great source. Yes, I sound like a teacher, because I am one!

well I got a travel brochure for alberta and I know there's an alpine glacier around the BC/Alberta border but fsx is too big and I'm a long way to being familiar with the area so I dont know how to get there

you know what never mind. I'll try using google earth by looking for the place I want to see and try to plan a flight from the nearest airport. It's a good Idea right?

wildcat400
    Quote Originally Posted by war.ace View Post
    I'll try using google earth by looking for the place I want to see and try to plan a flight from the nearest airport. It's a good Idea right?
    Google Earth is a good start. It would be better if you had a upgraded video card that way your class would see the true wonders of Alberta.

I just remembered there's a "flight sim" in google earth but there's no plane sounds and there's no plane. In google earth is there a way for me to find airports?

JSkorna
    Sure, just have Google Earth display airports only.

harleyman
    I sometimes google airports near a place I want to go........That is a good starting place........Then you can find it on a map and plot your compass headings in general.....(tourists sites are great for that)

LOL @ Teacher Jim...........

@ teacher jim how do I do that?
    @ harley man do you what do you enter in the search box "airports near (place I want to go)"?

harleyman
    The search box in FSX will not do that.. You can entr a Airport name in there,but it is not always right at best unless you know the exazt name...

But in Google, you can enter say.....Airports near the Pyramids...... And get your answer.....

That can be entered into the FSX search box as your starting location....

But you still have to say go to a tourist site or a map to determine your direction of flight from that airpoet to the pyramids...Or you can just explore and hope to find them .....

Look at this I googled... Hotels near the pyramids...... There you will see a map ..It will drag around..The red balloon is the pyramids..The green one is Cairo airport...It shows you that you need to fly over the river to the east and you will see the pyramids.....

http://www.worldreviewer.com/travel-...9/information/

Here are airports of the world from Google....http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airpor...countryCode=PL

JSkorna
    Hi war.ace,

By Google Earth do you mean the website or the downloaded program?

It's true harleyman!!

@ harleyman thanks for the links.
    @JSkorna I'm talking about google earth the program. Is there a layer that shows all airports?

JSkorna
    Hi,

Yes, you can filter everything off except airports. I don't have GE installed on this computer so I can't easily check, but just uncheck everything but airports.