A new Macchi MC.205 Veltro

Thread: A new Macchi MC.205 Veltro

A new Macchi MC.205 Veltro

FYI, there's a Veltro just landed at FlightSim from FS9 and FSX. I have no idea how easy it would be to convert it to CFS2 but it would be most excellent if one of our experts could at least try. The result could be worthwhile ...

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=149556

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

gOT iT - sTRUGGLING

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    ...there's a Veltro just landed at FlightSim from FS9 and FSX. I have no idea how easy it would be to convert it to CFS2 but it would be most excellent if one of our experts could at least try. The result could be worthwhile ...

The conversion was successful and straightforward. Even built a replacement 2D panel with Italian and German gauges to help it look good. However....

I cannot get the engine to start.

It cranks and cranks...

Little Help, Please ?
    SC
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Did you try a new airfile? I tweaked the one from Corrado's MC 202 & it works great. FRs are very acceptable also (not as good as most of A.F. Scrubs aircraft tho, how DOES he do it?).

What beautiful planes were these Macchi (all three look great to me). And with this replacement, maybe it's time for another old glory (the IS4G one) to go to a well deserved retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by sc7500 View Post

However....

I cannot get the engine to start.

It cranks and cranks...

Little Help, Please ?
    SC
    No problems here. It started fine, and this time I didn't touch a single line of the files
    Greetings from Spain

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by oldwheat View Post
    ...Did you try a new airfile? I tweaked the one from Corrado's MC 202 & it works great. FRs are very acceptable also (not as good as most of A.F. Scrubs aircraft tho, how DOES he do it?)...
    Yep, I installed one from the 1% 205. Still wouldn't start UNTIL I double-clicked the ignition switch on the main panel.

Plane flies GREAT !
    SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

That's grand ... thanks, guys. I need to learn how to do that myself. Can someone recommend a detailed tutorial, please ?
    Ro

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, I forgot that I substituted the IS4G panel too.

Now I recall why I stopped working with the MC 200 from the same builder. Notice the mirrored wing texture mapping with the wonky insignias .

I just read in the FS2004 forum that Manuele Villa has released a new paint scheme for this beauty: a MC.205 Veltro in ANR colours

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=7&linkid=2657

You will have to change the textures format to something CFS2 can read, but it is well worth downloading.
    Greetings from Spain

Even more interesting is that Manuele seems to be in the process of converting one or possibly two CFS3 planes into FS9 models - an MC.205 Veltro and, possibly, an MC.202 Folgore. These could be the basis for the best CFS2 models yet ...

Watch that space,
    Ro

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    I agree to a point. If the wing textures are 'un-mirrored', they probably would edge out Corrado's work although they are very nice in their own right. The same would also apply to the MC 200 to even a greater extent.

yep, a new 202 and 205 would be awesome. This Veltro by d'Attomo has some areas very poorly texture-mapped. I've just tried to adapt an Il-2 skin I liked a lot to this Veltro, and realised all the complaints in the FS2004 thread were right. It's a pity, because the shape of the 3D model is fantastic, but... that makes it a poor candidate to skinners.
    Greetings from Spain

I'm finishing a .dp for this plane, and wondered about the loadouts I could add, apart from a couple of drop tanks. Seems like previous Macchi C.202 fighters wing hardpoints were capable of loading a 160Kg bomb, and Googling I found this drawing:

Now I'm not sure if the thingies hanging from the hardpoints are bombs or drop tanks. By 1943 I don't thing the Italians could afford to use their best fighters as bombers, but you never know. In case this is a drop tank, any ideas of a similar loadout in CFS2?
    Greetings from Spain

Well, I just finished the .dp with two wing drop tanks and two 100Kg bombs.

It uses as wingracks the ones in Wolfi's Ju 87B Stuka, the drop tanks are from the Alpha Sim Typhoon for CFS2 and the bombs from William Dickens Italian bombs pack.

I'd like to hear opinions and sugggestions .
    Greetings from Spain

Hey JapLance,

Just finished converting this plane and added your .dp but haven't added the weapons to this particular install yet. Looks like the muzzle flashes are dead on, though. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Members who have read this thread: 3