Eyes Front - a new Macchi MC.205 Veltro for FS9 and FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eyes Front - a new Macchi MC.205 Veltro for FS9 and FSX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Thanks guys,...
    Falcon, the thanks go to you. You have always done excellent work. Your textures on this one greatly improve the model. Please upload the C.205 textures that you have done. Thanks again.

John

I don't think so Hurricane, Manuele is obviously far more knowledgeable with this airplane than I am. Building layered paint kits is relatively simple if you have enough reference material, so for me, that's the easy part. . .the background of the various squadrons, markings variations, etc., and how that relates to the final livery should be left to an expert. . .that would be Manuele. All I did was copy what someone else did, just adding the layered rivets and panel lines, but as has already been pointed out, the general scheme and markings are incorrect, so I am stopping here.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Falcon, thanks for your efforts. They are definitely appreciated. However I think your right one paintkit will be sufficient for this model and for obvious reasons is Manuele more familiar with Italian aircrafts and camouflage schemes.

Manuele the finished part of this repaint looks brilliant (as usual). However there is enough left for you to do. I did not yet worry about the CR.42 as I know it will be worth the wait and you have given enough toys already to keep me playing for a while. But thanks for the update and the external model looks perfect already.

It seems there has been one single green/grey Ventro. According to my information the prototype MM.9487 was finished in the standard "Metropolitan camouflage scheme". However it is arguable as this was a actually a modified Folgore and not a production Veltro (Note the oil coolers were much smaller on this prototype than on the later production models).

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    It seems there has been one single green/grey Ventro. According to my information the prototype MM.9487 was finished in the standard "Metropolitan camouflage scheme".
    Yes, and despite the difference between the prototype and production 205s, I would like to see Falcons texture as MM.9487.

The "Metro" scheme was also used on the MC205N Orione. And quite glossy too.Attachment 18305

Blog Entries
    . . .the background of the various squadrons, markings variations, etc., and how that relates to the final livery should be left to an expert. . .
    I am not an expert, but I have the documentation and am willing to work with you on it. Of all the C.205 schemes, the prototype is my favorite, and you are close. My offer stands.

Ok, so I couldn't leave well-enough-alone, lol. I've gone back and started a completely new livery with a sand base color and "smoke ring" camo. Don't be too concerned with the coloring right now as it seems every shot I look at of the same airplane has a slightly different appearance, so I'm looking for color swatches right now of the correct top and underside colors.

Current System Specs:

Ok, new color:

Current System Specs:

Blog Entries
    Ok, new color:

Looks great Falcon. Did you find a color swatch?
    Check PM for docs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Check PM for docs.
    Nope, not yet, tons of models pictured with varying degrees of "sand", lol. Not one was the same color. Whatever you have, I would greatly appreciate getting. You can e-mail me from the forum as my e-mail address is posted in my profile.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Check PM for docs.
    Nope, not yet, tons of models pictured with varying degrees of "sand", lol. Not one was the same color. Whatever you have, I would greatly appreciate getting. You can e-mail me at ejwells409@cableone.net :salute:

Current System Specs:

Nope, not yet, tons of models pictured with varying degrees of "sand", lol. Not one was the same color. Whatever you have, I would greatly appreciate getting. You can e-mail me at ejwells409@cableone.net :salute:
    Well actually the Italians uses at least 4 different types of sand colour...... and they must have loved green as well!

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/page...ors-Italy.html

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub, now if I can just find some references that match colors to aircraft, lol. In the meantime, Hurricane has sent me some great reference material and as you can see below, it gives me a perfect template to produce a much more detailed paint kit. I just have to move the template around a bit to be sure I have the best positioning and then start laying in the panel lines.

Most likely what will happen is that by the time I get this completed and start on the first repaint, Manuele will have completed his and produced several liveries, lol. At this point I've taken the redo on just to see if it will work and maybe be an application I can use for future paint kits and repaints.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2024
    Falcon-
    I trust you took a look at the skins for the CFS2 IS4G Veltro in your search for proper coloring? In my own clumsy way, I've been working on adapting one of those liveries to this model. I'm assuming that those skins are pretty accurate... -Mike Z.

Falcon, in general most Italian aircraft kept the paint scheme in which they left the factory. ln case of the Vetro most aircrafts were painted Nocciola Chiaro 4 (light hazelnut) with Grigio Azzurro Chiaro 1 (light blue-grey) under surfaces. The pattern (smoke rings) was painted in Verde Olivia Scuro 2 (dark olive green). This scheme was applied on all production Veltros until 1944. The Veltros produced after this date carried the standard German livery (as Manuele already explained).

I'm sure Manuele will correct me when I'm wrong here

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Falcon, in general most Italian aircraft kept the paint scheme in which they left the factory. ln case of the Vetro most aircrafts were painted Nocciola Chiaro 4 (light hazelnut) with Grigio Azzurro Chiaro 1 (light blue-grey) under surfaces. The pattern (smoke rings) was painted in Verde Olivia Scuro 2 (dark olive green). This scheme was applied on all production Veltros until 1944. The Veltros produced after this date carried the standard German livery (as Manuele already explained).

I'm sure Manuele will correct me when I'm wrong here

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hi Huub,
    Yes, You are correct.

The colours (RGB) I'm using are the following:

Regia Aeronautica:
    Grigio Azzurro chiaro - R159/G160/B151
    Verde Oliva Scuro - R63/G71/B45
    Nocciola Chiaro - R155/G126/B72

Luftwaffe:
    RLM 74 - R78/G81/B87
    RLM 75 - R141/G149/B155
    RLM 76 - R148/G163/B160

A note for the AerMacchi Camouflages
    The Verde Oliva Scuro - Grigio Azzurro Chiaro livery was applied only on C.202(Folgore)/C.205(Veltro)/C.206(Orione) prototypes. This camouflage was used commonly on the last series of AerMacchi C.200 "Saetta".

I hope to finish with the 205's Paintkit (with two "German" liveries) during this week, after these I'll try to make one or two "classic" camouflage (with "smoke rings") liveries.......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    A note for the AerMacchi Camouflages
    The Verde Oliva Scuro - Grigio Azzurro Chiaro livery was applied only on C.202(Folgore)/C.205(Veltro)/C.206(Orione) prototypes.
    Hello Manuele. That is interesting in regards to the C.202 prototype. I did not know that it carried that scheme. I had previously understood that it was originally unpainted but later appeared with a mottled camouflage (I don't know the colors).

Attachment 18583

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    I hope to finish with the 205's Paintkit (with two "German" liveries) during this week, after these I'll try to make one or two "classic" camouflage (with "smoke rings") liveries.......
    You're really quick! I'm already looking forward to them!

Huub

SOH-CM-2024
    Hello-
    Here's about as far as I'm going to get... I mentioned before that I was trying to adapt textures from a CFS2 Veltro... The upper surfaces came out halfway presentable, though I still have to tweak the exhausts a bit.
    The underside has the biggest issues- There seems to be some sort of mismatch regarding what part of the texture the MDL is telling the wing panels to use (starboard wing especially), and the MDL seems to be looking at the same little square of color for three different surfaces- the tailwheel fairing, the full length of the underside of the fuselage, and the bottom and insides of the radiator housing. Seems like the MDL needs tweaked a bit... -Mike Z.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezola View Post
    Hello-
    ...The underside has the biggest issues- ....the MDL seems to be looking at the same little square of color for three different surfaces- the tailwheel fairing, the full length of the underside of the fuselage, and the bottom and insides of the radiator housing. Seems like the MDL needs tweaked a bit... -Mike Z.
    Hi Mikezola/Friends,
    Yes, the underside of the fuselage is impossible to texture, actually I'm "fighting" with this problem....
    I think that ONLY the ANRs "German" camouflage is possible to realize without "horrible" result.......
    In the real ac the "smoke rings" camo covered also the underside of the nose and the rear of fuselage (after the radiator), it is really impossible to realize a good looking livery, if we want we must find a "compromise"......
    I think Mr.Quai and D'Attomo MUST to "revisit" their texturing system (in ALL their models)!!!!!
    In the past I tried also to repaint their I.M.A.M. Ro.41 (Italian biplane trainer), but I stopped the work.....

Yep, same here, that's why I haven't posted anything beyond what I already had. I could produce some nice liveries, but they wouldn't be correct per the original "official" schemes. Ah well. . .on to something else I guess.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2024
    Curses, foiled again!

Blog Entries
    Ed, Mike, what you have both accomplished is better than what we started with. I would like to try out your Regia Aeronautica liveries.

It's a real pity! The model looked so much better once you all started on the textures. Does somebody have had any contact with Mr.Quai and D'Attomo in the past?
    It could be worth to contact them and ask them whether they could change the texture lay out.

I'm still looking forward to Manuele's repaints. Hopefully he won't run into further troubles while working on the German schemes.

Huub

sorry to say I told you so, but ,below is post #14 in this thread, If I see their names on a bird I run the other way

Quote Originally Posted by norab View Post
    don't know if this will apply, but I tried repainting their T-37 and finally gave up because of the way it was mapped, panel lines appeared in the wrong spots, different sections were in different relative scales to one another. you would texture what you thought was the fuselage and it would appear angled under the wing on the model. finnaly proved impossible to do an accurate paint job. You could come close but not quite get it 100% right

SOH-CM-2024
    Hello-
    Norab, I know what you mean- there's some authors that I've tended to stay clear of over the years- But once in a while you see one that gets you thinking "Hmmmm... maybe this one's got some potential- what can I do with it?" For instance, take Ito's aircraft- you have to tinker with the flight dynamics, then usually you've got a pretty sweet ride...
    Hurricane, let me tweak it a little more and I'll slide you a copy. I wouldn't want to post it anywhere (one, it probably will never be good enough- two, I'd have to get permission from Alessandro Casadio, as it did start out as an IS4G skin), but I'd be glad to let you play with it...
    -Mike Z.

P.S. maybe Aeroplane Heaven could be bribed into finishing their Veltro- unfortunately they quit building for FS9, didn't they?

Members who have read this thread: 2