Pylon Racing Fun

Thread: Pylon Racing Fun

Pylon Racing Fun

Always liked the idea of setting up my own Pylon Racing course in FSX so I knocked up some FSX native pylons using 3DC Canvas and with help from Paul Gausden placed them on 2 nearby airfields in Cornwall England (Perranporth and Truro) and Voila... using FS Recorder and a nice collection of Freeware and payware aircaft that I have.... I've been able to enjoy some intersting races by using the play as traffic option that FS recorder provides. below are some pics of the set up and some of the aircaft I've enjoyed using. I'm afraid I dont have time to test this in different setups and package it all up... but am willing to supply my course and the MDL etc that i used so other courses can be created by anyone interested. Post here if interested and we'll see if we can establish some means of getting the files needed to you. The Airfields have been enhanced by some of Alfs Airfield freeware enhancements from Simviation and to run the course I usually set the weather to cold Fronts(starting at Perranporth) which usually means the take off is East to West ready for an immediate start round pylon 1. 3 laps is usual then home in time for Tea and cake .

Matt Ivey

<HTTP: href="http://www.atomic-album.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" p <>

These are good fun for racing... havent got the details to hand on the Caudron but i got it from Simviation site.

Attachment 16927

Attachment 16928

Attachment 16929

Attachment 16930

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    The most ultimate fun you will ever have is online pylon racing!!! Bottom line, no kidding around.

When I released the Bugatti package, it had a Pylon course in it, somewhere in France near the Mulscheim factory. We had a blast flying that course. It became nearly a nightly adventure with sometimes 6 of us lined up on the grass field, waiting for the countdown. We would do 3 laps, then sometimes we got into 5 laps. It was a huge course, so 5 laps was a pretty long, sweaty, stressful race.

Great fun....

There should be more air racing courses.

I would sure like to know how Bill Lyons did his AI racing traffic in his Golden Wings package at Ohio....

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Note to self - must build a British 1930's racer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Paul
    3D trains and planes - http://decapod-3d.spaces.live.com

note to decapod....the Hall Bulldog racer too
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by decapod View Post
    Note to self - must build a British 1930's racer
    Hi Paul...that would be nice :salute:

KR Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Hi Paul...that would be nice :salute:
    KR Matt
    It looks like the british didn't go in for short turning races. The Kings cup seemed to be the main race and that was a handicapped long run though it did change to a pylon race later.
    There are not many uk equivalents of the ones you use - although my 1950's sparrowjet for FSX might be good if I ever finish it off.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Paul
    3D trains and planes - http://decapod-3d.spaces.live.com

A jet engine... now thats just cheating

KR Matt

I'm partial to Cessnas . . .

http://www.pilotfriend.com/aircraft%...sna/cessna.htm

Yes, a C-3 would do just fine.
    "...speed...is the only reason for flying." - Clyde V. Cessna

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro" - HST

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm finally getting round to uploading this racing course I created. I've been enjoying using it myself for quite a few years... but never got round to sharing. There are many nice aircraft to enjoy doing this... here's a few payware examples I enjoy using.

Matt

GAS Travel Air Mystery Ship

GAS Travel Air Mystery Ship

Alabeo GeeBee Z

Aerosoft Hughes H1