Ant's Airplanes Releases Tecnam Sierra - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ant's Airplanes Releases Tecnam Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Oh, one question that doesn't really have anything to do with the Sierra but with FSX GPS that you used for it: is there a way to get a cursor in order to jump to certain waypoints with that GPS? I certainly can't seem to find it.
    Good catch Patrick. One of the problems with using the 295 GPS in a 296 case is that the 296 has less buttons than the 295. And one of those missing buttons is the CRSR button.

Now, after looking at the manual for the 296 it looks like you can't select certain waypints in the flight plan screen in the real 296. But, what I will do is use maybe the ENTER key as a defacto CRSR key on those screens where it is needed. Something to add to the 1.1 update.

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    That will require a C "helper gauge" that will read/write state data to an .ini file. Contact me if you wish to discuss the idea.
    Thanks Bill

I've started reading Dai Griffiths C programming guide and so far things are making sense but if I get stuck I'll holler.

Some really great products released...some I've been waiting for... and some like this little aircraft is a real treat the options alone is like getting several aircrafts in the one package

Ant's has a "Winner" Price, Model, VC, Options, Sound

Thank you Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Now, after looking at the manual for the 296 it looks like you can't select certain waypints in the flight plan screen in the real 296. But, what I will do is use maybe the ENTER key as a defacto CRSR key on those screens where it is needed. Something to add to the 1.1 update.
    Anthony, I at times use the freeware 296 provided by SimFlyer. You can click on the center of the GPS 'navigation button/toggle' to get into cursor mode. You may want to download this GPS and peak at the .xml file.

Gotta get this little aircraft, looks like you have done another outstanding job.

Quote Originally Posted by bkeske View Post
    Anthony, I at times use the freeware 296 provided by SimFlyer. You can click on the center of the GPS 'navigation button/toggle' to get into cursor mode. You may want to download this GPS and peak at the .xml file.

Gotta get this little aircraft, looks like you have done another outstanding job.
    Thanks BKeske , that sounds like a good idea and I will do that. Just have to make a mousezone in the middle of the dial/button and assign the cursor key command to it.

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    Some really great products released...some I've been waiting for... and some like this little aircraft is a real treat the options alone is like getting several aircrafts in the one package

Ant's has a "Winner" Price, Model, VC, Options, Sound

Thank you Anthony
    ...and this Tecnam is very close to real dynamics!

Thank you Antony

Hehe, this is one sweet little plane. Since it's a basic trainer I thought I'd try being a "newbie" (quite hard to simulate if you've been flying FS for years ) and take for a series of legs from Archerfield to the red centre, Ayers rock. Great little model to fly!. Last night's flight proved longer than anticipated and is the type of thing that would get the newbie thrown out of flying school!
    Assume our intrepid aviator is daylight VFR rated with only about 60 hours.Then throw in some poor judgement, the type of thing that creates situations which command your full attention. So I'm at YBOU Boulia wanting to fly 209 nm to to Jervois YJVS. Just over 1/2 a tank, there's fuel at Boulia but decide I dont need any (mistake #1). I've been starting at the finish point of each day and so the day has been slowly advancing. Takeoff time's about 4:30pm, didnt check what time nightfall was (remember, Daylight VFR) Mistake #2. Cloudbase is 7/8ths, about 2000' with ground alt about 1000.
    Departed Boulia, after about 20 mins any sane person would have noticed the sun setting and turned back but our silly student decided to press on. Mistake #3.
    Unsurprisingly it gets dark and in the desert, so dark there's no horizon. Fortunately the aircraft basically flies itself so on we go to Jervois. Approaching YJVS we check the chart to see runway heading and alt. Also notice it's a dirt runway - no lighting. Mistake #4 I'd normally check that before takeoff.landing in the pitch dark on a dirt strip is not an option so set course for the next leg, being Alice Springs YBAS, which is sealed with ILS, 143nm away. Problem is ground alt's 1788 ft, and there's high ground between us and Alice. And of course remember we didnt gas up. Fuel is now an issue.
    Applied throttle whilst keeping wings level to get to 3000', maybe in cloud but with no horizon you're IFR anyway... fuel getting lower and lower with the miles counting down oh so slowly. Small small turns to stay on course. Eventually thought screw it, I'll try 6000' to save the remaining vapour in the tanks and provide a gliding distance if needs be. Feeling rather regretful and depressed about my situation as the Nm number gets small along with the gas indication and contemplating the possibility of a landing in the desert at night. Eventually drifted in to Alice for a no flap landing (no time for a good approach due fuel) and flopped her down with 1 gallon of gas left. Heh, that was interesting...

LPXO

Thanks Bill

I've started reading Dai Griffiths C programming guide and so far things are making sense but if I get stuck I'll holler.
    Cool! Stuck or not though, do email me at your convenience, as there are a couple of lighting issues I'd like to discuss, plus maybe a proposed collaboration you might find interesting...

Take a squint at something I've been working on here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21108
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Anthony,

Outstanding job on this LSA. I'm having a great time with it! Flying and painting... here's a couple in the works:

Attachment 17375Attachment 17378Attachment 17377Attachment 17376

Thanks!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sim-paticissimo View Post
    ...and this Tecnam is very close to real dynamics!

Thank you Antony
    That was my precise question. I downloaded the demo to test my system and it's fine, but wow the ailerons are really sensitive. You are saying they're THAT touchy in real life? I don't know, and I don't care, I just want to know that it's real-life accurate and learn to fly it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by flaminghotsauce View Post
    That was my precise question. I downloaded the demo to test my system and it's fine, but wow the ailerons are really sensitive. You are saying they're THAT touchy in real life? I don't know, and I don't care, I just want to know that it's real-life accurate and learn to fly it that way.
    Yes, very very sensitive ailerons. As my Sierra test pilots say you can the real Sierra with your fingertips. I sat in a real Sierra and the pilot went from 45 right bank angle to 45 left bank angle in under 2 seconds and he wasn't using anywhere near the full range of motion of the stick.

BTW Great paints Mike. Can't wait to download them.

Been meaning to make a post here about what a great aircraft this is..I've been too busy flying it...it's now one of my favourite GA aircraft.

Things I like about this one are the various animations with the animation manager, the crisp handling, the clear and esay to read instruments including the GPS (much easier than those in Carenados), the way guys/gals heads duck as the canopy closes, you can test the FPS with the demo (the FPS is great BTW) before buying, that there's some Kiwi skins, you can easily put on your own rego (why don't more add on companies do this?) and the excellent price.

Here's a short flight including some VLC and photo real scenery I did the other night in "NPS". The very same aircraft I have been offered a ride in and I have seen at our local airport.

I also just downloaded the demo - great on the FPS, snappy little thing. Well-modeled...

And the price is very nice - will it go up?

I am on the fence with this one because I enjoy flying a bit faster than LSA's are approved to fly hehe. But if the price will go up 10 bucks later I may just get it now hehe.

One more thing I thought of while browsing the manual - does anyone have a picture of what this thing looks like when configured with the RXP GNS430W
    ?

I don't have the 530 and would like to see the 430 in action - since it's mentioned in the manual that there is a specific cfg for the 430.

Thanks
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

The Sierra with the GNS430:

Attachment 17574

Attachment 17575

(Click on the images to see larger versions)

The price is the price and the price will stay the price.

Of course, if you'd like to pay more I can certainly help you with that .

Funny thing with the 430 config. Try clicking on the blanking panel between the GPS and the radio. It will switch between a couple of messages. One is NO SMOKING. I forgot what the other one was. Of course, if you like, you can replace that blanking plate with some other gauge if you like.

Anthony thanks for this great plane, I just love your eye for detail and all fun little things!!!

A Big Thank You :salute:
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by trisager View Post
    The Sierra with the GNS430:

Attachment 17574

Attachment 17575

(Click on the images to see larger versions)
    Thanks!!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Ok I gave in LOL!

I love the aileron response in this thing - that's the main reason I bought it hehe.

I figured out the GNS430W so now I have that in the plane.

Well modeled, very easy on FPS. The only nitpicking thing I have an issue with is the textures. On initial load they take forever, maybe at least 5-10 seconds. Probably my 512mb video card lacking hehe.

Oh, and great idea with the demo! It's so convenient to try a plane first before buying. It helped make my decision much easier!! I recommend the same strategy for your next plane!

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Just back from holidays, so just saw that this is out!
    Based on Ant's superb Tiger Moth and sceneries, this is a no-brainer for me, and I'm willing to purchase for my old PC which should be ok... so I have just bought it!

Ant has done awesome stuff for FSX; I sim fly out of Boonah all the time, I take sim holidays on Lady Elliot and his RAAF Tindal Base is my primary test centre for anything fast!

Thanks again Ant, and best wishes for your future!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

...and it's worth every cent!

Attachment 18110 Attachment 18111
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Hello All

Just a quick note to let you know version 1.1 is available now which fixes a fwe bugs. here's the full list:

- Fixed bug where wheel chocks, tiedowns, pilot and passenger visibility animations could get confused under certain circumstances.
    - Fixed direction of elevator trim tab and elevator trim animation.
    - Fixed night lighting on altimeter kohlsmann dial.
    - Added CRSR clickpoint on the GPS (click in the centre of the 4 way button).
    - Improved flap lever animation.
    - Added cold and dark setup (no pilot or passenger and wheel chocks, tiedowns and pitot cover on) if aircraft is loaded on the ground with battery off and fuel selectors off.
    - Radios will be turned off if aircraft is loaded with Avionics switch off.
    - Added method to allow user to set animations on loading aircraft.
    - Cabin airvents now load in open positions.
    - Added method so user can change some animations (such as the previous 4 items) on startup (refer to the Pilot's Handbook)
    - Knobs and dials now increase in value when mouse wheeled up.
    - Includes alternative textures for VC glass for those that prefer less reflections.
    - Fixed fuselage texture of Style 3 blue which had Sierra in white written on white background.
    - Increased the amount of environment reflections on exterior glass.

To get the upgrade go to your flightsimstore account and download the new version (it should be called AntsSierraV110.exe).

Make sure you backup any changes you may have made to the aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg.

Then run the installer. The installer will happily overwrite the existing installation so there should be no need to uninstall version 1.0 first.

Thanks

Snave
    Luv ya man! Perfect timing for my day off!. D/l as we speak.:salute:

Hello All

Just a quick note to let you know version 1.1 is available now which fixes a few bugs.
    Thanks a bunch! I didn't notice any in the first place lol
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Want to get update, but ...

Might be a bit thick after a few brews, but everything I see leads to the purchase page.
    Do I say buy and not get charged?

Thanks for the update Anthony. I like the clear view out of the VC now.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0