Bob (Robert A.) Hoover Aerobatics video contest: Yes or No...

Thread: Bob (Robert A.) Hoover Aerobatics video contest: Yes or No...

Videre Vincere Est

Exclamation Bob (Robert A.) Hoover Aerobatics video contest: Yes or No...

People,

One of the recent threads was dedicated to a rare video of Bob Hoovers aerobatics.

The aviation pioneer he was invites us to have a SOH exlusive contest:

An annual video contest where contestents upload a video performing certain mendatory and some free aerobatics in a plane and in the spirit of Bob Hoover.
    The airplanes used can be the ones Bob flew himself (if available for FSX, freeware or payware).
    The flights must be made (or not, that is for the community to decide) in SOH colours, which will be provided by the SOH community (this will make the happening a SOH excusive happening).

My suggestion is to declare one week a year a SOH Hoover memorial vid week (first one around X-mas?).

For reference what the heck i'm talking about, read this thread:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=41384

Anyone in for this?

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

heck yeah!
    im definitely in

Not sure if you are interested but we have this Shrike with a Hoover scheme. Also a download link to a video I made a few years ago using this aircraft.

http://www.flightsimonline.com/downl...hrikeVideo.zip

If interested, I will upload an FSX portover.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Not sure if you are interested but we have this Shrike with a Hoover scheme. Also a download link to a video I made a few years ago using this aircraft.

http://www.flightsimonline.com/downl...hrikeVideo.zip

If interested, I will upload an FSX portover.
    I'm interested.. Most definately.. I love that plane..

Thanks. Uploading now to my site. Should have a link here in about 30 minutes.

EDIT: If you wish to try this portover: http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/ac500sv.zip

EDIT: As a port, I have made some improvements to FPS to get around 35fps spot view (my lock value) and 32fps in the VC, up from 16fps in the vc. If you have a lower end unit, it may not work for you. I am re-uploading now. And to ensure you have the latest modified upload, the aircraft folder should have an "Effects to be Loaded into the Effects" Folder. Just unzip the download to a temp folder, open it and copy the ac500sv folder to your FSX/Simobjects/Airplane folder.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Count me in too! I was privileged to see Bob perform in his Shrike at Reno some years back, and would love to fly that model in FSX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

I can't record a video because my frames drop like a brick, but I am wondering about the SOH colors. OZx has skins for a lot of the default planes and some payware and freeware ones. I think that we should have them here too.

Blog Entries
    Gods I love that plane. Port or no port, it flies just as wonderfully in Fsx as it did in fs9.. a real joy to fly.. Thanks Milton ..

One of the very best hand flyers - payware or freeware.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Here can take all Commander Collection FSX working and ready fixed
    (models: A500 TRANSCARGA, ac500ca1, ac500sv, ac500w, ac520v3, AC560AV9, AC680SV9)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tmdz1nyx5zl

Charter Member 09
    Hamimichal, the site cannot be read
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Something filtering it out or blocking it for you? Seems to be working fine here.

Brian

Back in the late 60's while on active duty, I saw Bob fly his yellow mustang "Ole Yeller" right here in Sherman Texas at what used to be Perrin AFB and is now North Texas Regional Airport. It was quite an exibition.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks Milton,flew that bird a lot in FS9.Allways good to keep your planes alive .

Blog Entries
    ::LOL:: O tried flying some of Mr Hoovers routine last night.. Gods what a mess :::LOL:: most of oregons ground will never have to be airerated or tilled again.. Left more holes than a gopher clan..

Can someone suggest a good soundset for the Shrike?:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    I believe the soundset from the AC-680 is very pleasant. cant say how accurate it is as i've never been up close to an aero commander except for once many many many years ago..

Blog Entries
    Milton?? i noticed in the readme files that the ac-500 textures cannot be modified. May we please have your permission to paint them???

Since André Folkers provided the paint kit and the following instructions, I would assume all is well to use it and distribute your work if you abide by the readme.

http://www.flightsimonline.com/downl...intkit500S.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Rockwell Shrike paint kit...

See http://www.flightsimonline.com/commander for Current Details, FAQ's, Known Problems, Repaint Information, and more.

************************************************** ********************** *******
    Ok starts with the paint manual ;-) what will you find in the kit:

blankkit bmp)
    1 readme.txt
    1 manual.txt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blank kit:

- three *.bmp files with all the details merged on it
    - fusen_t500.bmp
    - naccelle_t.bmp
    - naccellel_t.bmp

Place them in the correct aircraft texture folder.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may use the paint kit as provide but give us the credits for all the many hours
    we invested here for your freeware enjoyment.
    For credits please use "Paul Saunders, Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, and Andre Folkers and Team commander"

Hope with this paint kit to contributed to our great community :-)

Copyright (C) Paul Saunders, Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, and Andre Folkers . All rights reserved.

********* PLEASE RESPECT THE MANY HOURS OF FREEWARE DEVELOPMENT HERE **********

Ok end of the serious stuff mode!! bottom line have fun, and can't wait to see those great repaints :-)

André Folkers
    acdesign@flightsimonline.com
    The Aero Commander Projects
    Team Commander
    August 2004
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Awesome.. Thanks Milton..
    i couldnt find a paint kit for the shrike and i considered using the NOAA paint when i ran across that readme.. So i painted a 680 instead.. Glad i did.. I kinda like it but it wasnt spectacular.. The shrike is special..

i couldnt find a paint kit for the shrike and i considered using the NOAA paint when i ran across that readme.. So i painted a 680 instead..
    Is there a NOAA paint for Milton's Shrike? If anyone decides to do one I would love to have that paint.

Regards,

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Is there a NOAA paint for Milton's Shrike? If anyone decides to do one I would love to have that paint.

Regards,

expat
    Yes, it comes with it but you have to put it in the aircraft.cfg. You'll find the NOAA folder in the main ac500sw folder and it contains instructions for using the textures..

Members who have read this thread: 0