Alphasim ceases trading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alphasim ceases trading

Alphasim ceases trading

Sad day to see personally, but lets hope Virtavia can bring something new to the community.

http://www.alphasim.co.uk/

Whilst first appearance indicate a simple name change, I think there is more to the new Virtavia set up, primarily all models appear to be with flight 1 wrappers and all sold through sites not owned by Virtavia.

Hopefully in the coming days more precise news will follow.

Having worked there from almost day one more than ten years ago and with over 100 models under the belt plus all the ups and downs, it was good ride, actually it was one hell of a ride .

Farewell.

Sincerely

Michael

gajit
    RIP :salute:

I believe in reincarnation

Unhappy Yes, sad day

I think, some aircraft from AlphaSim was my first online purchased flightsim product.

I even started 2 or 3 weeks ago to buy all of the planes from them that ever tempted me.

Some are still missing (the new Mentor, maybe the F -86 etc.)

But I hope they appear sooner or later under Virtavias brand...

...but as gajit said: I believe in reincarnation
    (and when I see how much fun I have with the Islander, I'm quite confidend )

I've got many of their planes, love them all. Particular favourites - the hunter, blenheim & f-86

Oh how times change. For better or for worse!

The future is only ahead, so let us all look forward to whatever adventure may be in store for the new company.

Best
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by CHBTheDoctor View Post
    I think, some aircraft from AlphaSim was my first online purchased flightsim product.

I even started 2 or 3 weeks ago to buy all of the planes from them that ever tempted me.

Some are still missing (the new Mentor, maybe the F -86 etc.)

But I hope they appear sooner or later under Virtavias brand...

...but as gajit said: I believe in reincarnation
    (and when I see how much fun I have with the Islander, I'm quite confidend )
    I think you find the models can be found over at Simmarket.

It is a shame, I have many of their models from CFS2, FS2002, FS2004 and FSX always enjoyed them. Alpha always did the more unusally aircraft which would otherwise not see the light of day, so I will miss them, but hopefully the new company will go from strength to strength.

Sad to see the brand go...my first payware aircraft was the Be2c for fs2002 (or was it Fs2000?) probably one of Michael's.
    I hope Virtavia is as successful for Phil and team.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

A sad day indeed.............

:salute:

-G-
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

I bought many many of their planes of which I liked most! I wish them luck with whatever they decide to do next. Thanks for all the cool stuff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sad day indeed.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

wow.....

I bought many many of their planes of which I liked most! I wish them luck with whatever they decide to do next. Thanks for all the cool stuff!
    Sums it up very well. I am sad as they always seemed to be reading my mind and made the planes I wished for most - even if these were not the most mainstream or popular. I have by far more Alphasim payware planes than any other by a long shot.

Thanks Phil and the many other talented modellers for so many hours of - continuing - enjoyment.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

They posted a short while ago about the Virtavia branding of Alphasim titles that had started to appear on other sites, so the name change wasn't unexpected. To me this looks like a restructure and refocus under a new name than the disappearance of a company. They even say that the same team is working under the Virtavia name.

I have the AS Hunter and Tornado and they are both high quality aircraft, so I'll definitely be looking out for their aircraft reappearing under Virtavia branding so I can add to that collection. I noticed a few are already available. The new Virtavia offerings are looking very good and I'm particularly looking forward to the Jaguar and the AS C17 getting a VC.

Good luck to them!

Dang I miss that bird so bad in FSx !, gotta be the sexiest carrier based aircraft of all time.

You just keep poking me with images of the Vigi as much as you like .

Kindest

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Sums it up very well. I am sad as they always seemed to be reading my mind and made the planes I wished for most - even if these were not the most mainstream or popular. I have by far more Alphasim payware planes than any other by a long shot.

Thanks Phil and the many other talented modellers for so many hours of - continuing - enjoyment.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by AndyE1976 View Post
    They posted a short while ago about the Virtavia branding of Alphasim titles that had started to appear on other sites, so the name change wasn't unexpected. To me this looks like a restructure and refocus under a new name than the disappearance of a company. They even say that the same team is working under the Virtavia name.

I have the AS Hunter and Tornado and they are both high quality aircraft, so I'll definitely be looking out for their aircraft reappearing under Virtavia branding so I can add to that collection. I noticed a few are already available. The new Virtavia offerings are looking very good and I'm particularly looking forward to the Jaguar and the AS C17 getting a VC.

Good luck to them!
    Correct, but the name Alphasim and Ltd company associated with it ceases to exist from today and with it a lot of history, don't know about other folks, but the thought of working for the new 'team' just isn't the same, theres no lineage, no history, no depth, sure they will develop a new 'ambiance' but the old one for all its faults had a good feel about it.

I suppose its one of those 'you had to be there' situations.

You just keep poking me with images of the Vigi as much as you like
    Think you have got a deal Michael. One of these days we might get a new one!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

VERY SAD NEWS!!!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

its sad to see alphasim gone ..but i hope virtavia will be as good as :L ....the fs2004 seaking was the first payware model ive ever bought .....now im happy to be flying it in its latest virtavia form in fsx

Jim Brown
    That's really too bad. Hope they do well with Virtavia.

Does this mean that they will release more of their models [particularly the F-101] as freeware? I'm saving for a new rig, can't afford planes at the moment

Per AS management,

"the majority of those products previously sold here with the AlphaSim brand name will still be available under the 'Virtavia' brand at all leading flightsim addon sites, "

Having been there since 2003 I concur with Michael - you had to be there to understand how it feels! It was a roller coaster at times :salute:

While it is a sad day, it's also a positive one. I'm positive that with the line-up there is a good team under Virtavia.

Here's to the future

unfortunately their products still seem a tad overpriced....

Quote Originally Posted by blazefox2 View Post
    unfortunately their products still seem a tad overpriced....
    Sadly there is only one remedy for that, if enough people are buying at the given price then it isnt over priced in the grand scale of things, it might be over priced for a great many, but its not going to be over priced to those that do actually pay those prices.

When enough people do not buy because of prices then I'm sure the pricing will need addressing, but currently it appears that enough people buy at these prices to not warrent a change in pricing policy.

It is the market that drives the pricing, nothing else.

Kindest

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Having been there since 2003 I concur with Michael - you had to be there to understand how it feels! It was a roller coaster at times :salute:

While it is a sad day, it's also a positive one. I'm positive that with the line-up there is a good team under Virtavia.

Here's to the future
    2003 !, new boy !! LOL, I remember when you joined, damn that was a long time ago .

Sincerely

Michael

Loved the Alphasim Hustler, Halifax/Halton, Hampden, and the B-36 wasn't half bad either. There were some not-so-brilliant models too, but the sheer range they came out with guaranteed there was something for everyone.