Operation Chastise & ETO

Thread: Operation Chastise & ETO

Spitflyer

Operation Chastise & ETO

Does anyone know if the Dam busters missions can be added to the ETO without any problems ? only asking as its a self installer.
    thanks.

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

Goit link ....tks

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitflyer View Post
    Does anyone know if the Dam busters missions can be added to the ETO without any problems ? only asking as its a self installer.
    thanks.
    Spitflyer, I don't know if it will work for sure. That was not tested with ETOE. However, you can easily get around the self-installer by doing this:

1. Re-name your CFS3 main game folder. Whenever I do this, I just add one character at the end of the folder's name.

2. Create a new (dummy) folder in the same location and name it Combat Flight Simulator 3.

3. Run the self-installer and aim it at this dummy folder. Note: I believe that there is a water-fix program and a missing pylons program for this mission, too, so do them the same way and at the same time.

4. After you run this self-installer, and the water-fix, cut and paste this dummy folder to another location, away from your original Combat Flight Simulator 3 folder. Then re-name the original Combat Flight Simulator main game folder to its original name.

5. Start ETOE in Era 1 and and then exit. (This is Rule #1 when installing anything into ETO.)

6. This actual mission occurred in May of 1943, so we are talking about ETO Era 3. Now go into the dummy folder and copy and paste everything into your ETO folder, preferably one file at a time, making very sure that anything that will be overwritten is backed up, including your effects.xml.

I would place the mission xml file in the historical folder in the 1943_missions folder.

Note: I cannot guarantee that installing this will work. Just make sure that everything that will be replaced is backed up first. I also do not know what effect the water-fix will have on ETO. In addition, I do not know if there would be any global layer concerns with this mission, as I saw nothing in the package conerning the global layer.

If this mission does not work properly, simply delete everything you have installed and replace those items that were overwritten with the ones you had backed up.

Good luck.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

I've installed it and it works fine. I've actually installed a lot of the older missions and misison packs...almost all of them work just fine. Every once inawhile there will be one that won't work . Usually I can get them working by checking the usual stuff...facilty and spawn files, etc. I think ,tho, that there are less than ten missions that I couldn't get to work no matter what I did.

One thing i've done that is pretty satisfying is to take older missions and replace all the planes with ETO planes. And if ya really want tyo see something neat, somwhere there is a d-day mission pack(I don't remmeber which one at the moment) that whne run with the ETO FX and planes is absolutely stunning. I figure the very worst thing that can happen is I can screw something up so badly that I have to re-install the sim....it jsut ain't that hard to do anymore, so my advice is try it all.
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Spitflyer
    Well just installed it and it all runs fine.
    Thanks for the help guys.

I have installed this mission and everything works well. I used the "ETO_Lanc_M3_Dam" arcraft instead of the original "AvH_GB_Lanc3_AJM", also edited the mission by using paylod=1 instead of the required paylkoad=2.
    Only one small problem the flak is very weak and should have tracers.