Scenery Files Suspension Notice

Thread: Scenery Files Suspension Notice

Scenery Files Suspension Notice

I've asked the librarian to suspend Dog1's two recent scenery upload packages, Tulagi and Espiritu Santo, as they contain GSL tools not released by the author for public use. If Martin Wright provides documentation for the GSLEdit and GobCheck tools for unrestricted inclusion, then we will lift the restrictions on the two scenery files. Only the GSLMan tool is authorized (as far as I know) for public consumption.

Given the availability of the GSLMan tool, there is still a way to upload these scenery files without including the GSL tools. Just prepare the .gsl file in advance with the privately released GSLGob and GSLEdit tools and then upload it with the scenery package and the GSLMan tool. That way the downloaders or users can add the GSL scenery legally and efficiently. This is how Achim, Xavier, Maskrider and others upload their scenery and it is the approved method for the Outhouse.

This restriction against unauthorized tools and files applies to everyone who uploads files. Uploading program tools must be done with the written permission of the authors or proof of an attempt to contact them for permission.

I'm sorry I didn't catch this sooner. Fortunately the issue can be fixed by Dog1 by simply re-uploading his two files and any future files without the Martin Wright tools listed above.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

I hope he does reupload....

I hope Dog1 reuploads his sceneries with the due corrections, since I was going to download Espiritu Santu again.

My file came in with a corrupted readme pdf-file which I cannot open and follow installation intructions properly.

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Shoot Kelti, I was having trouble understanding how to use those tools to install the scenery!:isadizzy:
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Martin sends those tools, by request, to folks with the explicit understanding that they are not to be re-distributed (with the explicit exception of GSLMan) and that the requesting party is thoroughly experienced with all phases of scenery building so that they understand exactly what they are working with.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

xx

ATT Jagdflieger

I have learnt how to create a gsl file and have prepared both gsl's for tulagi and espiritu santo together with the gsl.man tool do i have to modify my previous zips and reupload or please instruct me what practicle steps i should follow,i am sorry for the inconvenience caused to everyone which was not intentional,my objective is to help the sim's comunity only.
    dog1

Sometimes these things happen Dog1 and we are all sure it was just an honest accident. I look forward to your re-releases and appreciate your efforts in contributing to the CFS2 community :d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dog1,

Thanks for being such a good sport about this.

I would upload new packages for Tulagi and Espiritu Santo. That would make it easier for the librarian.

I'll let him know that new packs are on the way and to replace the old ones with the new ones.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

xx

Jagdflieger

I have revised the read me's and corrected them as well and i am adding an option which is the layout file with instructions on how to use it for those who wish to use the scenery for a particular mission or campaign only.The read me's will be in PDF9 format only.
    dog1

dog1

Using PDF9 for read me files may cause a problem for those who have older systems as they will not be able to read them. It is best to do read me files in Note Pad...a program that is present in all versions of Windows.

OBIO

xx

Too late,anyway pdf9 read me is free and if a system cant handle a pdf file then much less an advanced scenery.In my next upload i am going to state recomended system requirements.
    dog1

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    I'll go along with that Dog1. PDFs should be standard. If your system can't handle a PDF file it can't handle CFS2. :d

Chris
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

EC_ILO
    Thanks, dog1.

EC_ILO