Knowledge Base additions.

Thread: Knowledge Base additions.

Knowledge Base additions.

Nigel and HouseHobbit especially, go ahead and add to the sticky as you will. If all of the other members that are not adding info to it could post their question and comments in the regularcfs3 forum, I would appreciate it. I will when I have a chance go thru it all and make edits where needed and we will have a real nice3 concise Knowledge Base which is really needed, IMHO.
    Carry on....
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thank you very much for this, I shall coninue to add to this so others may also do these things....
    BRAVO.:salute:

When I was working on developing the Night Air Intercept Radar mod I had to play with the damage message colors as well. In my case I wanted to give everything the same color as a radar return on the scope.

<Colors FriendColor="0xFF189914" EnemyColor="0xFF189914" TargetColor="0xFF189914" BogieColor="0xFF189914" GoalColor="0xFF189914" HumanFriendColor="0XFF00FFFF" HumanEnemyColor="0xFFFF00FF"/>

One thing I found was that it changed both the pips on the tactical display, and the aircraft label colors.

CFS3 takes the color of the tactical display and combines it with the color of the pip in a way that always darkens it significantly. For example an orange background (60% brightness), and a light yellow pip (100% brightness) shows up in the game as very dark green (20% brightness).

I then figured out the tactical display's alpha layer controls the darkening of target indicators. To get the pips to have color you have to make the display transparent, but they still darken considerably unless the display is so transparent that it looks nearly as dark as the night sky.

In the case of the SCR-720 I left the markers settings a dark grey, and the display fully opaque as that works best for having aircraft labels still on at night.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks, Mid! (Hope things are getting better by now...)

Major, that is precisely one piece of info I've been trying to find. I did change the colours but can't remember how. Do you remember the breakdown of the colour codes? There's a value for transparency, and then the colour itself, but quite what we did...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by middle View Post
    Nigel and HouseHobbit especially, go ahead and add to the sticky as you will. If all of the other members that are not adding info to it could post their question and comments in the regularcfs3 forum, I would appreciate it. I will when I have a chance go thru it all and make edits where needed and we will have a real nice3 concise Knowledge Base which is really needed, IMHO.
    Carry on....
    Hi Mid,
    that is a great idea and will be very useful.
    One thing I find is that over the years, I have accumulated so many useful threads and docs etc that I have to develop a filing system. I suspect that any knowledge base thread will grow so quickly that it will need to be broken down into sub-categories so that things can be easily found.

For example I have threads on various fixes and topics going back to 2005, and if I uploaded them all it would take pages and pages. I have developed my own filing system, but it is probably not intuitive to other people.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on this?

D

Hi Daiwiletti,

I'd start with the more obvious ones - the sort of things that get asked often. The more obscure things are admittedly more interesting to the hard cases like us, but some 80% of the "How do you..?" questions are probably things many of us know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

SOH-CM-2020
    Too true, Ndicki.
    Lets see how the thread evolves.
    There are so many layers to the editable aspects of CFS3, that there are heaps of questions still waiting to be answered, of the obscure variety!